TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
its entirely a shame....but yeah, TSN690 just aint shit anymore. Wont listen to no french station either.

what a disaster

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
After listening closely he didn't threaten a lawsuit, but he called them out, he knows the identity of the person behind the blog.

Starts at 4:08.

The identity of the blogger is widely known. He is the sole shareholder, director and officer of a Quebec corporate entity.

He opened his radio show at 6am this morning going off on them.
Dang it, I missed it.

Reactions: jaffy27

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
its entirely a shame....but yeah, TSN690 just aint shit anymore. Wont listen to no french station either.

what a disaster

It hasn't been shit for a good while now.

The ridiculously long ads, Melnick's show which lasts 3 hours with over 1 hour of crappy music, Marinaro who'd just turned into a carticature of himself...

Have stopped listening to that crap almost a decade ago.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
It hasn't been shit for a good while now.

The ridiculously long ads, Melnick's show which lasts 3 hours with over 1 hour of crappy music, Marinaro who'd just turned into a carticature of himself...

Have stopped listening to that crap almost a decade ago.
so agree
i dont care of a band in newfoundland that he likes dumb

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I sometimes tune into 690 coming back from work when the game is on.

The new play by play guy needs alot of work. Radio pbp guys need to be more illustrative than the tv guys. This guy is having alot of difficulty to paint the picture, and I pretty much don't feel like i know whats happening until he says someone scores.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
What did that trash blog/site published to elicit this reaction? (it was a long time coming, don't get my wrong, I just don't know why it's happening now)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That they are a pathetic website with no respect for anyone and they should save face, just shut it down because what they do is going to lead to a big lawsuit. They have no right posting and saying the stuff they do about people and their personal lives
Did JiC just now wake up to the internet? Yes, it’s a garbage site, probably the best known worst offender. They do have a very prominent social media presence and have been spewing their verbiage for years.

JiC is not the first to find fault with them but no one appears to want to follow through with taking them to court. Crossing the line and providing almost zero sources, including lifting items from other sites, continues to be their stock in trade — and it works for their revenue stream as they’ve grown their bank of advertisers and pop up ads exponentially over the years.

Just like Hockey Canada, until their revenue stream is compromised, they’ll have no reason to stop posting divisive, ethnophobic, sexist and generally abusive, sensationalistic content, most of which can’t even be independently verified.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Larivière is expressing what likely everyone who practises journalism professionally, believes.

However, he’s gravely mistaken by suggesting that the site’s owner should apologize. He won’t based on how he’s been operating it and if anyone knows anything about how that site is run, its owner wouldn’t have any clickbait if it had to apologize for every transgression.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What did that trash blog/site published to elicit this reaction? (it was a long time coming, don't get my wrong, I just don't know why it's happening now)

I'm curious, too. I heard JiC's rant yesterday morning where he went in on them. And it wasn't the first time he went in on them. But I'm wondering what was H30 wrote that drew his ire.

And curiously, JiC's BFF Marinaro had retweeted a H30 tweet the night before where they wrote about something Marinaro said on his segment on BPM Sports.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm curious, too. I heard JiC's rant yesterday morning where he went in on them. And it wasn't the first time he went in on them. But I'm wondering what was H30 wrote that drew his ire.

And curiously, JiC's BFF Marinaro had retweeted a H30 tweet the night before where they wrote about something Marinaro said on his segment on BPM Sports.
H30 had several flattering items about Marinaro in the last 10 days (I must have seen at least 3), praising him, agreeing with several of his takes and going insofar as suggesting that Marinaro is too good to just be a contributor on JiC’s shows, that he should have his own show.

Not surprised that Marinaro would be retweeting them.

They haven’t been as flattering with JiC, though.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
H30 had several flattering items about Marinaro in the last 10 days (I must have seen at least 3), praising him, agreeing with several of his takes and going insofar as suggesting that Marinaro is too good to just be a contributor on JiC’s shows, that he should have his own show.

Not surprised that Marinaro would be retweeting them.

They haven’t been as flattering with JiC, though.

Is there something specific they posted that made JiC start his show yesterday go on a rant? JiC said that what they're doing is bullying and he would not sit there and allow himself to be bullied.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is there something specific they posted that made JiC start his show yesterday go on a rant? JiC said that what they're doing is bullying and he would not sit there and allow himself to be bullied.
I’d like to hear what JiC said. Based on what a poster upstream said, JiC made his rant during yesterday’s morning show, which is within this list of podcasts:

Now, I’ll need to find time to listen. But I’m stuck on Pierre McGuire doing his thing early on 690.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

As I mentioned, user comments on H30 are unmonitored and you can imagine the level of salacious posting that goes on there.

There are also some sadly hilarious offerings, like the time this user kept referring to the site’s owner as David Coquerelle and the latter never edited it out. :laugh:

There isn’t a week that the site’s owner doesn’t get raked over coals and called names. Probably the most entertaining part of this whole charade of a site.

Last edited:

RBZ

Jun 24, 2013
I listen to sports podcasts exclusively in my car now. But I had the misfortune of catching a Campbell vs Gallo segment, where 2 callers tried to guess the player by the clues. Like seeing a car crash, I had to just listen in awe how this is considered sports radio. Did anyone else hear this segment? Complete with stupid sound effects. The fact these callers could not even guess the player until the last clue, shows you what is left listening to this station. It is really sad what english sports radio has become.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad