TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
That's pretty cool and a very nice gesture by Gally. It was also nice hearing Dan back on 690 yesterday talking about tonight's game against the Jets.

Also I thought I was the only one left here that still listened to 690 regularly and everyone else had moved on to another Habs related source. Although seeing the constant complaining here about how bad 690 is now shows that many still seem to be listening since why would one anyone complain constantly about something they say they no longer listen to. :dunno:
The same people that keep watching and complaining about the Habs.lol.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
“You got censored”

Easily the worst radio segment ever, not just sports radio but radio in general. Cock jokes? Really? Cock and ball jokes on the radio.. when kids are driving with parents in the car, parents have to switch the station. I’m alone in the car and I switch the station.

What an embarrassment.

Gallo says: “We always get a bunch of angry text messages.. I don’t care what the listeners want, I love “you got censored”.

Mitch Gallo = Giant Loser.
That’s how stupid they are…..listeners is what keeps the station going….no listeners no sponsors, no sponsors, no income, no income, no jobs.

His sidekick is even worse…..Campbell and his stupid games.

And their music is horrid except maybe the song “Breathe “ they play once in a while.

I can say that i listen to about 2% of what i used to listen to from the last 15yrs or so…the talent on that station has dwindled down to pork and beans.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
“You got censored”

Easily the worst radio segment ever, not just sports radio but radio in general. Cock jokes? Really? Cock and ball jokes on the radio.. when kids are driving with parents in the car, parents have to switch the station. I’m alone in the car and I switch the station.

What an embarrassment.

Gallo says: “We always get a bunch of angry text messages.. I don’t care what the listeners want, I love “you got censored”.

Mitch Gallo = Giant Loser.
Mitch Gallo is in no way a Giant.
My 6 year old niece is taller than him

He is a tremendous full of himself loser though, that I agree

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I haven't listened to it but someone here might be interested in checking out the latest Raw Knuckles podcast posted earlier today with former NHL Ref Tim Peel. I have a feeling this might be a good listen though and I may give it a listen later.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
One of these days you will learn to stop tuning into that station. You seem to tune in regularly during Melnick's show because you always complain about his music.
Melnick’s is a music, comedy and nostalgia show that occasionally broaches the sports world. As long as Melnick remains at the station, they’re not going to derogate from their format.

Your idea of cherry picking their best guests via podcast is the best use of one’s time, if their idle chatter becomes too much to bear.

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I haven't listened to it but someone here might be interested in checking out the latest Raw Knuckles podcast posted earlier today with former NHL Ref Tim Peel. I have a feeling this might be a good listen though and I may give it a listen later.

It's not bad. I wish they would have gone through some more player interactions but it's still good. When it comes to refs, the kerry fraser one was better.

The officiating stories out of the 80s just sound like they come out of the wild wild west.

Reactions: sheed36

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Melnick said he has Bryan Trottier scheduled for 5:35 tomorrow (Thursday) which I'd like to hear. Hope I don't forget!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Interesting sideshow and fallout on BPM and on JiC, where Bob Hartley and Philippe Boucher are both weekday pundits.

Today, Boucher fired Bob Hartley’s son Steve, after having consented to him a 5-year contract last summer, to coach the Voltigeurs:

Boucher is taking over Steve Hartley’s job on an interim basis.

Bob Hartley is not exactly someone who will hold back about anything — I wonder how he’s going to react to his son’s firing. Meantime, on JiC tonight, Boucher confirmed that despite his coaching obligations, he will continue acting as a contributor to JiC.

Reactions: jaffy27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad