TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Kent Hughes interview with Nilan.

Really solid interview with Kent, fun chat about hockey and the team.

He seems to have no issues in getting interesting guests to come on his show week after week.

I usually don't see Stapleton adding much value, but he probably also has a hand in getting good guests too as he played under Keenan, and was teammates with wheeler as examples.

Just for that reason, I guess he should remain part of the show, but he just doesn't seem like a guy comfortable in his own skin, and it makes for some akward moments in the podcast.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
He seems to have no issues in getting interesting guests to come on his show week after week.

I usually don't see Stapleton adding much value, but he probably also has a hand in getting good guests too as he played under Keenan, and was teammates with wheeler as examples.

Just for that reason, I guess he should remain part of the show, but he just doesn't seem like a guy comfortable in his own skin, and it makes for some akward moments in the podcast.
lol Stapleton isn't even on the episode, but I definitely get what you're saying.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Interesting sideshow and fallout on BPM and on JiC, where Bob Hartley and Philippe Boucher are both weekday pundits.

Today, Boucher fired Bob Hartley’s son Steve, after having consented to him a 5-year contract last summer, to coach the Voltigeurs:

Boucher is taking over Steve Hartley’s job on an interim basis.

Bob Hartley is not exactly someone who will hold back about anything — I wonder how he’s going to react to his son’s firing. Meantime, on JiC tonight, Boucher confirmed that despite his coaching obligations, he will continue acting as a contributor to JiC.

Bob spoke about his personal experiences of being fired.

The more unique one was in Atlanta. He was signed to an extension and 2 hours later, they decided to fire him. Wadell was the GM, but it was clear the decision came from higher up.

He mentioned that Wadell called him a few months later to go for supper and he told him that it was a mistake firing him and that they'd like to bring him back. Bob told him he'd have no problem, but they'd need to renegotiate a new contract with a raise.

He also stayed positive for Steve. Saying that he told him he will now have time to be with his family and focus on his 2 daughters, especially with the holidays coming up.

I missed Boucher's segment so I don't know what he said.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Interesting sideshow and fallout on BPM and on JiC, where Bob Hartley and Philippe Boucher are both weekday pundits.

Today, Boucher fired Bob Hartley’s son Steve, after having consented to him a 5-year contract last summer, to coach the Voltigeurs:

Boucher is taking over Steve Hartley’s job on an interim basis.

Bob Hartley is not exactly someone who will hold back about anything — I wonder how he’s going to react to his son’s firing. Meantime, on JiC tonight, Boucher confirmed that despite his coaching obligations, he will continue acting as a contributor to JiC.

Pretty shocking firing to be honest.

Drummondville is supposed to be a real strong contender this year, and off to a rocky start, but they have been destroyed by injuries. Justin Cote, one of their good forwards hasnt played yet this year. Maveric Lamoureux, Arizona draft pick, hasnt played a game on D yet. Riley Mercer (Habs prospect), by far their top goalie and one of the top in the Q has only played 2 games. All 3 are due back early to mid December

Reactions: Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Pretty shocking firing to be honest.

Drummondville is supposed to be a real strong contender this year, and off to a rocky start, but they have been destroyed by injuries. Justin Cote, one of their good forwards hasnt played yet this year. Maveric Lamoureux, Arizona draft pick, hasnt played a game on D yet. Riley Mercer (Habs prospect), by far their top goalie and one of the top in the Q has only played 2 games. All 3 are due back early to mid December

Just a correction, Riley Mercer is not a Habs prospect. He was simply invited to Habs Rookie Camp.

Reactions: Suzuki x 14

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
PJ Stock made some jokes about Carey Price yesterday. That was almost insulting Price when he answered if Price was in net instead of Montembault, would he won the game. He answered no because he can't be in the net. He goofed a goalie who couldn't lift his knee, a mockery, then the host asked him if Price in good health, would he won the game, Stock answered you ask a question that can't apply, Stock was not really serious, I would say he looked like on some sort of a drug, or he was so sarcastic. I think he doesn't like Price. Brunet, Therrien, Damphousse, etc like Price and would never say things like that or act like that.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Is there anywhere I can find a summary of Gorton's interview with Tony Marinaro and Hughes' interview with Chris Nilan?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You could answer why is it so important?
Or you can think he didn't have time to liste because he was at work. Or he l;ive in an area where he can't tune that radio station.
Both are on YouTube...

Hughes's interview with Nilan is 1 hour and 37 minutes long!

That's a lot of content to summarize...

Reactions: jackeymoon

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
anyone reading these translated excerpts from Pierre Gervais' book "au Coeur de Vestiaire" ?
lol
Habs were a f***ing clown show under ducharme, who apparently couldn't communicate worth shit ( surprise)
But the pacioretty stuff was pretty bad. Worst captain, should never have been named captain. no friends in the dressing. wasn't a unifier. would sulk if team won and he didn't score, etc

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
anyone reading these translated excerpts from Pierre Gervais' book "au Coeur de Vestiaire" ?
lol
Habs were a f***ing clown show under ducharme, who apparently couldn't communicate worth shit ( surprise)
But the pacioretty stuff was pretty bad. Worst captain, should never have been named captain. no friends in the dressing. wasn't a unifier. would sulk if team won and he didn't score, etc

I will be picking up a copy. Gervais has some crazy stories. And I want to read them.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I was having my coffee this morning and I had to stop drinking it for the moment I was reading this. I don't know if that was discussed here in a thread but the book of Gervais is revealing. That Réjeanne Tremblay (sorry I feminise his first name, lol) who write about it this morning in JdM. Ducharme didn't lose his lockeroom, he never had it, PK was annoying everyone, PK was in war vs Paccio. Paccio was a bad captain. Therrien hated Paccio. Bergevin had a good flair of hockey but he was horrible in human relations, ups and down, unpredictable, they could hear him shouting and slaming doors, Gervais write he was a teenager. Bergevin would have been better as a gm adviser. Corey Perry should have been signed two years because he was so good mentoring the young players, etc.
Price is a very good person, simple down to earth, loving the nature and his alcool problems never shows, Gervais never saw anything. MSL is the closest to perfection Gervais saw as a coach.

I think I'm gonna buy the book.
Here's the lkink to the JdM R. Trenblay:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
lol
That book is a must. Plz someone translate most of it and make it download pdf. Or we start a thread about it with parts translated. I'm gonna buy it soon.

Reactions: Runner77 and ReHabs

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I was having my coffee this morning and I had to stop drinking it for the moment I was reading this. I don't know if that was discussed here in a thread but the book of Gervais is revealing. That Réjeanne Tremblay (sorry I feminise his first name, lol) who write about it this morning in JdM. Ducharme didn't lose his lockeroom, he never had it, PK was annoying everyone, PK was in war vs Paccio. Paccio was a bad captain. Therrien hated Paccio. Bergevin had a good flair of hockey but he was horrible in human relations, ups and down, unpredictable, they could hear him shouting and slaming doors, Gervais write he was a teenager. Bergevin would have been better as a gm adviser. Corey Perry should have been signed two years because he was so good mentoring the young players, etc.
Price is a very good person, simple down to earth, loving the nature and his alcool problems never shows, Gervais never saw anything. MSL is the closest to perfection Gervais saw as a coach.

I think I'm gonna buy the book.
Here's the lkink to the JdM R. Trenblay:
Wow, now that's insight we've been sorely lacking. Would love to read it.

What a shame nobody in Habs media ever did their friggin jobs, it needed a retired equipment manager to give us a peek behind the curtain.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Need. An. Electronic. Version!!!! My buddy Richard Beaudry, the publisher, needs to put it electronically too! Stubborn folks.

Reactions: Redux91

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
That book is a must. Plz someone translate most of it and make it download pdf. Or we start a thread about it with parts translated. I'm gonna buy it soon.
there are more passages leaked today. whats crazy about this is that Gervais is a pretty beloved guy when he was on the habs staff, and he was there for many years. To go completely scorched earth on pacioretty is a pretty serious indictment on the character of this player.

And yes we're all aware the media in montreal is a soap opera anyway
;)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Reading the Pierre Gervais book.....just starting. But wow does Ducharme f***ed up this team more than we ever thought. There's no way this guy gets another head coaching job if a GM reads that book....He was and still is a junior coach.

In a way, Ducharme was Jean Perron v2. No respect from the players. Benefitted from a strong leadership group to go further than scheduled.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Reading the Pierre Gervais book.....just starting. But wow does Ducharme f***ed up this team more than we ever thought. There's no way this guy gets another head coaching job if a GM reads that book....He was and still is a junior coach.
the Bergevin stuff is pretty funny. Everyone betrayed by the equipment guy who was 'spying' for three decades! lol
Says bergevin should never have been a GM, was best suited for an advisery role; had no interpersonal skills, required anger management etc...
a perfect black-hawks alumni!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
2 guys Gervais hated the most...Cammalleri and Niinimaa. Cammy was the most arrogant guy he met. And Niinimaa was just a bad person, drunk, inappropriate in public, would have been destroyed in a social media era. And one time, in a hotel lobby, with his dick out...lol. But Gervais REALLY seems to have hated Cammy with a passion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad