TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Maxime Van Houtte has a weekday afternoon show on BPM and he can be a downright nut job but in a good way.

In the last hour, he was taking calls from his audience and this one guy got on and said he is a massotherapist and was tired cause he had given a lot of massages today.

Van Houtte asked him whether he had massaged any feet? The guy said he had. So Van Houtte adds, thatā€™s disgusting! :laugh:

The massotherapist admitted that it wasnā€™t the most pleasant part of his job. Van Houtte just kept piling on about feet and how revulsed he is by them. His aversion reached absurd levels and he just couldnā€™t let it go, even after the call was done.

Van Houtte also managed to have a hockey discussion during the call but the feet thing had me splitting a gut so much that I was barely able to pay attention to the hockey part.

Last edited:

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
The toxic vulture Quebec media is already acting like we are trying to win this year, talking about ā€œwinningā€.

Talking about losing 7 in a row like that f***ing matters right now.. :facepalm:

022D9C7E-9EC9-4479-BF9B-491ECE855FF9.jpeg
96670237-35A7-4223-B227-DFF583E788E2.jpeg

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
The toxic vulture Quebec media is already acting like we are trying to win this year, talking about ā€œwinningā€.

Talking about losing 7 in a row like that f***ing matters right now.. :facepalm:

View attachment 591341View attachment 591343
It was only a matter of time when that portion of the media would become impatient. I don't consider last year's tank apart of HuGos unofficial tenure. They deserve this year to properly tank but some media members believe a 18th place finish is better long term than a tank. In certain circumstances, maybe, but not in this one

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

View attachment 591341View attachment 591343
Mainstream media is a major obstacle to the team conducting a rebuild. The captions in your post say it all.

They like to create controversy where there is none to be had.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Wonder how/if Marty will get used to the losing. He doesn't need this. Where are his NHL dmen? Would be a hoot if in one of his post game pressers, he found his GM's performance underwhelming.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Wonder how/if Marty will get used to the losing. He doesn't need this. Where are his NHL dmen? Would be a hoot if in one of his post game pressers, he found his GM's performance underwhelming.

Marty is intent on coaching and developing the team. He gives 0 shits about losing and who his NHL defenseman are right now, his goal is to coach them up to get them where they need to be, when they need to be there.

This is called a vision and a plan. I know we aren't used to it from the Bergevin era, but as bloodninja once said "you can't rush good pizza"

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Marty is intent on coaching and developing the team. He gives 0 shits about losing and who his NHL defenseman are right now, his goal is to coach them up to get them where they need to be, when they need to be there.

This is called a vision and a plan. I know we aren't used to it from the Bergevin era, but as bloodninja once said "you can't rush good pizza"
It seems like one of the keys going forward with the team is to be patient, especially with the young players. When the gm is calling out an 18 year old after 2 exhibitions games, don`t believe that sets that example. Time will tell here, we`ll see who has patience.

Reactions: rik schau

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It seems like one of the keys going forward with the team is to be patient, especially with the young players. When the gm is calling out an 18 year old after 2 exhibitions games, don`t believe that sets that example. Time will tell here, we`ll see who has patience.

He didn't call out Slafkovsky, the full quote is completely different than the hot take generator that was fed to the masses.

Hughes learned a valuable lesson on how one sentence in a larger paragraph can be taken out of context.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He didn't call out Slafkovsky, the full quote is completely different than the hot take generator that was fed to the masses.

Hughes learned a valuable lesson on how one sentence in a larger paragraph can be taken out of context.
Hughes said Slaf was Ā« a bit Ā» underwhelming but added superlatives for his performance at the rookie tournament and scrimmages.

The beauty of Hughes has been his candour.

But now that itā€™s backfired, heā€™ll have to be like any other salesman GM out there and just coat everything with positivity even if a player doesnā€™t fully warrant it.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004

Time will tell whether he learned a lesson. There could be alot of losing in the near future, we'll see how the new management reacts, the young players will need support.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Time will tell whether he learned a lesson. There could be alot of losing in the near future, we'll see how the new management reacts, the young players will need support.

Without a doubt there's a lot of losing coming.. it's a rebuild. Winning is the antithesis of that.

But so far, I'm confident in their ability to do what they planned regardless of outside noise. Taking Slafkovsky and trading Romanov for Dach certainly punctuated that.

Reactions: morhilane

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I really like this podcast especially because I'm fascinated by soviet society.

Knuckles keeps on knocking it out of the park.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Melnick is a clown, he has no show just a bunch of music
Where can one send a note to 690, love to email them
We need some of our HFers to start their own show. Itā€™s one way out off the insanity happening on 690.

Another might be for an interest group to petition the CRTC to force Bell to sell their all sports stations across Canada. They have completely neutered most of them. When you donā€™t invest in quality on air people, this is the product you get.

Radio as youā€™ve known it, is gone forever. Go the podcast route.

Reactions: jackeymoon

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
We need some of our HFers to start their own show. Itā€™s one way out off the insanity happening on 690.

Another might be for an interest group to petition the CRTC to force Bell to sell their all sports stations across Canada. They have completely neutered most of them. When you donā€™t invest in quality on air people, this is the product you get.

Radio as youā€™ve known it, is gone forever. Go the podcast route.
funny yet I yet to say 1050 TSN figland is not bad

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
funny yet I yet to say 1050 TSN figland is not bad

Morning and afternoon shows are pretty good. Main issue I have Leafs Lunch is that the two hosts are so..........like if the Leafs make a move, they will agree with it 100% of the time.

Brown nosers, basically. Makes even Sean Campbell feel fair and balanced, even if I'd prefer listening to them over Campbell.

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
Melnick is a clown, he has no show just a bunch of music
Where can one send a note to 690, love to email them
My commute usually takes place at a time during which his show is not on the air, but last week, I actually caught it. For a good half hour of my time stuck in traffic, I flipped back and forth between his show and other stations, and every time I returned to TSN 690, I would find him and his panel still mired in a discussion about how each person fared as a guest at barbecues, whether they would invite each other to barbecues, or what they would eat at said barbecue.

Some of the most insipid small talk that I've ever heard.

Reactions: jackeymoon

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Kent Hughes presser today at noon, will be carried by TSN690 and BPM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad