TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Kermit entertained and delighted me at certain points in my life though… Gallo has done neither.
I have no idea how he weaseled his way into being the main guy over there. It’s as if they don’t give a shit anymore. Marinaro and Nilan WERE tsn690.

I've never liked Campbell, and I'm not liking him as the play-by-play guy as his delivery is sub-par and he just doesn't present the way Dan did.

I will say Campbell is LESS annoying though since he has to stick with PBP and not ramble and share his world views during the broadcast. It's when he is allowed free rein to speak where I want to punch my radio (or throw my phone in this case since I stream).

However, I really do hope 690 replaces Dan with a proper PBP host.
He’s the ultimate cuck and his world views are usually cringy, does everything daddy government tells him to a tee.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
He did also last year. He’s a womanizer and I think that there’s correlation here. Mapper is not just covering the Habs when he goes on the road.:naughty:

Marc Dumont said it when he got fired. Chantal works for PR, not for SM or marketing efforts. No clue who. Chantal is all about having players and management do interviews left and right, but she’s not the Twitch lady. Dumont made that very clear.

And Raphael is annoying AF. There are better personalities out there. No clue why he got to do this crap. He ANNOYS me! To no end.
Dumont was less cringe than Kevin Raphaël, and boy I died inside whenever I saw him interviewing the players. Kevin Raphaël is beloved in the industry, I don't think the public likes him.

Reactions: Runner77

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Tuned in to the morning show ever so briefly earlier,GREAT SCOTT!! as much as I loathe Campbell and Gallo,that would be flattery in comparison. Never have I felt so primed and ripe for a coup d'etat. I'd even started the planning but the non-stop regurgitation has stymied me.lol

danboulie

Dec 23, 2002
I must admit I’m surprised by the positive feedback Nilan has been getting for his show.

I never liked his awkward pauses, hesitancy and his constant hems and haws but that may have just been a function of the medium he was on. Maybe he’s better suited to his current format.
His guests really carry the show for him. He still stammers a bit, but not as bad as when he was on 690. I think part of the problem was he couldn’t swear on the radio, so he’d constantly pause to keep himself from dropping an f-bomb.

Having to talk for like a 15 mins of a 1-hour podcast once a week is a lot less than the 10-15 hours of live radio he used to do. He’s much better suited to these uncensored chats with his buddies, as they come off more genuine and are frankly way more interesting. Getting canned from 690 might actually have been a blessing for the guy. Hope he can keep it up.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Campbell is like that guy you meet at work and are small talking with except he keeps talking and talking and every time you are gonna add to the conversation…he just keeps talking.
He’s a cuck, a peon, does what he’s told. If Legault tells him to jump he asks how high, doesn’t ask why.

He was actually good with Nilan and acted more mature to match Nilan’s energy. With Gallo it’s like 2 teenagers who won’t shut up.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Tuned in to the morning show ever so briefly earlier,GREAT SCOTT!! as much as I loathe Campbell and Gallo,that would be flattery in comparison. Never have I felt so primed and ripe for a coup d'etat. I'd even started the planning but the non-stop regurgitation has stymied me.lol
Tried listening to the morning show a few times, it's just not humanly possible,every fu@#ing time I turned it on the two clowns were talking about their personal lives and/or habits,this morning it was potato rolls.:facepalm:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
i used to not mind shaun starr's ridiculous takes. i'm fine with mckenna. But since starr has been forced to carry the show more - wether it be Connor's absence or the fact they went down to two hosts, i just find him insufferable. it doesn't help that i hate golf or that he only gets excited discussing food and of course golf. this am he went off on some idiotic f***ing club sandwich rant, and you can tell he's excited because he breaks into a kind of high -pitched squeal. he was so f***ing excited discussing the content of a club sandwich that he forgot the Owen Beck signing had been announced a segment earlier with Marc Denis and he broke the story (again, after connor had already done it) as if it was breaking news - Mckenna jus ignored him and went to commercial lol

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Couldn’t watch the game last evening so I figured I’d catch it on the radio.

Campbell was on 690, so I fled to 98.5 FM looking for the Franco PxP crew of McGuire and Dubé. Except … they weren’t there, they got pre-empted by the Quebec election.

Between listening to Campbell and nothing, I chose nothing.

I thought I was safe from Campbell today but no, Melnick insists on replaying Campbell’s calls on his afternoon show. And so here I am surfing to another station.

Thanks 690. This is what listening to your station looks like now for some of us.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Campbell was on 690, so I fled to 98.5 FM looking for the Franco PxP crew of McGuire and Dubé. Except … they weren’t there, they got pre-empted by the Quebec election.

I thought I was safe from Campbell today but no, Melnick insists on replaying Campbell’s calls on his afternoon show. And so here I am surfing to another station.

Thanks 690. This is what listening to your station looks like now for some of us.

I haven't listened to TSN690 in a long time. I find myself listening to BPM Sports now.

I know you could only get the game on TSN690 or 98.5 on the radio, but for me, daily, I haven't listened to TSN690. And I honestly have no desire to change the tuner.

• Love
Reactions: Runner77

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home

I cant understand why they can't get real guests. when the afternoon show comes I click off, they talk music, concerts and other stuff that is not sports related. 690 needs to shut down, or become a news network, they are not a sports station.

I haven't listened to TSN690 in a long time. I find myself listening to BPM Sports now.

I know you could only get the game on TSN690 or 98.5 on the radio, but for me, daily, I haven't listened to TSN690. And I honestly have no desire to change the tuner.
is bpm sports only in french?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I only listen to 690’s afternoon show for the recurring guests like Mike Johnson, Gord Miller and the madman, Aaron Ward. Otherwise, I’m on BPM.

It’s rather obvious that BPM has the better product. They have solid hosts and a budget. 690 is just gambling itself away thanks to a long list of amateurs and annoying types and not investing in their product. Too bad, so sad.

Yes.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I only listen to 690’s afternoon show for the recurring guests like Mike Johnson, Gord Miller and the madman, Aaron Ward. Otherwise, I’m on BPM.

It’s rather obvious that BPM has the better product. They have solid hosts and a budget. 690 is just gambling itself away thanks to a long list of amateurs and annoying types and not investing in their product. Too bad, so sad.

TSN690's guests are the best thing about them. But I'll go on their website and listen to their respective segments rather than have to listen to everything in between in order to hear those guests.

Melnick is the only one left at the station I really like. But he alone isn't enough to keep me there. I'm a fan of McKenna and Starr, but I prefer JiC and his guests at that timeslot. And that includes my non-paying and non-knowing-I-exist Marinaro.

Reactions: McGees and Runner77

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Listening to Gallo is like listening to Kermit the frog. It’s torture.
Sean Campbell is the worst......he's horrible at hosting and 10 times worst at calling games......He has a voice to make you turn off the feed. I accidentally heard is calls from last nights games and let me tell you, it was just downright, pathetically bad. everything he does is forced, it's acted....he can't make a call of a play exciting through his natural voice so he tries to embellish the call with his version of dramatic.......it flows out of his mouth like diarrhea out of my ass.

The guy should do us all a favor and just be second fiddle to anyone hosting.

Kermit ROCKS btw lol

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006

I caught the last 10 minutes of the 3rd while driving home from work.

All I’ll say is you can really hear Campbell’s open love of wrestling in the way he calls a game. Cartoon man voice to emphasize things. Tres terrible.

Edit: @jaffy27 just summed up my feelings perfectly above this post.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I cant understand why they can't get real guests. when the afternoon show comes I click off, they talk music, concerts and other stuff that is not sports related. 690 needs to shut down, or become a news network, they are not a sports station.

Melnick had Mike Johnson, Aaron Ward, and Ray Ferraro as his guests today and Pierre McGuire was on yesterday after Ward's segment and I believe again tomorrow.

Also I don't mind the music during Melnick's show but I can see why some might not like that but that's something Melnick has always done during his show since I started listening to him 8 or 9 years ago anyway.

I also do listen to Leafs Lunch on TSN1050 on occasion as well for their daily guests and other than these guests being on that show the hosts are rather amateurish and absolutely no better that what's on 690 IMO.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
TSN690's guests are the best thing about them. But I'll go on their website and listen to their respective segments rather than have to listen to everything in between in order to hear those guests.

Melnick is the only one left at the station I really like. But he alone isn't enough to keep me there. I'm a fan of McKenna and Starr, but I prefer JiC and his guests at that timeslot.
Good point about listening to the guest segments off their website. Much better use of your time.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I thought you just got by being a Greek god ala Struble.

This is the Greek god I am:

1664926125252.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad