TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
D513D0CA-0CC2-44D9-A582-7504CE357B4F.jpeg

Is this guy from tsn 690? Guess he has deleted his account now.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Don't live in Montreal so I don't know who he is, but a TSN host named Matthew Ross deleted his twitter because he had an Alejandro Kirk that was so idiotic that he got called out by basically everybody and ended up in a twitter beef with Alek Manoah.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Damn, another massive blow to TSN 690

He didn’t and can’t say where he is going, but obviously TV somewhere, Dan Robertson is no longer the voice of the Montreal Canadiens English radio call.

More Sean Campbell folks.

I wish Dan well at whichever TV station he goes to because he truly is one of the best in the business

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

He didn’t and can’t say where he is going, but obviously TV somewhere, Dan Robertson is no longer the voice of the Montreal Canadiens English radio call.

I wish Dan well at whichever TV station he goes to because he truly is one of the best in the business
It was only a matter of time before Robertson got scooped up for what's very likely a much bigger gig for him than doing English Habs games on the radio.

Sad to see him leave and I'll sure miss listening to him call Habs games on 690 but want to wish him all the best wherever he ends up, even if it is with the f'ing Leafs I guess. :)

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

That's too bad...I don't typically get attached to color guys but Robertson was good.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Damn - Dan was a solid play by play guy.
Any chance he is getting called up to TSN to do televised Habs games?
I will quietly watch the NHL app refresh scores on my phone before I listen to Sean Campbell call Habs games 😂

• Haha
Reactions: jsol and Runner77

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Sad but expected regarding Dan Robertson. It's only surprising he lasted this long before getting poached.

I don't see Campbell getting the job. Doing the play-by-play is a full time gig and Campbell does too much other stuff around the station which they need him for. I suspect the Habs have significant input (it reflects their brand) as well and they will go with an established voice with experience (like Dan was, even if it wasn't in the NHL). Unless they really cheap-out and decide to simulcast with the TV like some teams have done, but hopefully not.

Hopefully Dan is going national and we will still be able to hear him, just on TV rather than radio.

Reactions: Chili and Runner77

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home

maybe TSN TV for the habs I bet

Reactions: Inkling and jsol

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
maybe TSN TV for the habs I bet
Read a tweet from Stu Cowan earlier who said that Robertson was leaving 690 to take a TV play-by-play job with another NHL team so he's moving on from the Habs it seems.

Just saw this tweet replying to Cowan's tweet about Robertson leaving the Habs and after reading that I have a feeling he'll become the new Jets TSN TV play by play guy here very soon.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Read a tweet from Stu Cowan earlier who said that Robertson was leaving 690 to take a TV play-by-play job with another NHL team so he's moving on from the Habs it seems.

Just saw this tweet replying to Cowan's tweet about Robertson leaving the Habs and after reading that I have a feeling he'll become the new Jets TSN TV play by play guy here very soon.

And there goes one of the best things about the station. Very happy for Dan. He deserves a TV gig. Guy is great and has an amazing broadcasting voice.

@Runner77 So more Sean Campbell?? :sarcasm:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
And there goes one of the best things about the station. Very happy for Dan. He deserves a TV gig. Guy is great and has an amazing broadcasting voice.

@Runner77 So more Sean Campbell?? :sarcasm:
Yes he really does deserve a TV gig and I wish it was with the Habs. TSN690 was very lucky to have him for as long as they did.

He just said on 690 at the end of Melnick's show that where he's going next should be announced by the middle of next week but I'd say the news will be out way before that.

It was great listening to him for the past 3 hours today on Melnick's show saying his goodbyes and I'm sure he'll be missed by many, myself included.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yes he really does deserve a TV gig and I wish it was with the Habs. TSN690 was very lucky to have him for as long as they did.

He just said on 690 at the end of Melnick's show that where he's going next should be announced by the middle of next week but I'd say the news will be out way before that.

It was great listening to him for the past 3 hours today on Melnick's show saying his goodbyes and I'm sure he'll be missed by many, myself included.

I saw somewhere that it will be the Jets.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I saw somewhere that it will be the Jets.
Yeah all signs seem to be pointing to him heading to the Jets to replace Beyak as the new Jets TSN TV guy.

Also saw a post in the Beyak retirement thread on the Jets board, from about a week ago, from someone who seemingly knows Robertson personally and while they didn't say his name they did give his initials on who the next Jets PBP guy would be.

Everything does seem to be adding up to him going to the Jets here. Good luck Dan.

RBZ

Jun 24, 2013
I heard Gallo and Campbell will be the new Habs pbp duo for the Habs.
Hope it is just a rumour. 🤪

• Wow
Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Ad

Ad