TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Been away too long I had no idea la poche bleu was a show on tva, thought it was a only a podcast. Good that Gonzo will host, he's a legit decent human. Look forward to watching that once I get back.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Been away too long I had no idea la poche bleu was a show on tva, thought it was a only a podcast. Good that Gonzo will host, he's a legit decent human. Look forward to watching that once I get back.
Makes you realize just how polished and smooth Gonzo was when you look at his brash and uncouth replacement co-hosting with Laraque. :help:

Reactions: jaffy27

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

It was only a podcast. But this year, they will have a show on TVA Sports. It'll be their first time venturing further than the podcast.

Reactions: Runner77

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Who was the woman on this morning? She was from the NHL network. She was great, I hope she is on more often.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Count your blessings. It could be worse.

At least you’re not the station’s garden gnome and sometime Danny DeVito stand-in (thanks, Aaron Ward):

:sarcasm:

Gallo looks like Ron Jeremy

What the f*** is that thing (2ND FROM LEFT)......Looks like the end result of a Danny Devito/Anne Ramsey Love affair....lol

(for those who don't know who Ramsay is)

1662782323565.png

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Poche Bleue starts their new era today at noon. It won't only be on TVA Sports, but it will also be available on their YouTube channel.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wrote about JiC’s political leanings and how he can’t just keep them to himself.

For the second time in two weeks, he tried to draw a parallel between how populism is acceptable as a sports argument and yet, “when the party in power (CAQ) practises the same kind of populism, it’s not acceptable” (paraphrasing).

JiC made his outrageous claim during this morning Marinaro segment. There was a dead silence by Marinaro when JiC embarked on his slippery slope and Marinaro never acknowledged it nor responded in kind, but just moved on to another sports related issue.

JiC’s continuing obsession with shoving his politics down people’s throats continues to produce cringe moments. Fits right in with the station allowing the likes of Reggie Tremblay to pollute their airwaves morning and night and on weekends during Paul Houde’s shows.

BPM doesn’t want to ruffle the feathers of its contributors and probably figures that JiC and Reggie are preaching to the converted, which of course is an affront to those who are just listening to get a sports fix.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I wrote about JiC’s political leanings and how he can’t just keep them to himself.

For the second time in two weeks, he tried to draw a parallel between how populism is acceptable as a sports argument and yet, “when the party in power (CAQ) practises the same kind of populism, it’s not acceptable” (paraphrasing).

JiC made his outrageous claim during this morning Marinaro segment. There was a dead silence by Marinaro when JiC embarked on his slippery slope and Marinaro never acknowledged it nor responded in kind, but just moved on to another sports related issue.

JiC’s continuing obsession with shoving his politics down people’s throats continues to produce cringe moments. Fits right in with the station allowing the likes of Reggie Tremblay to pollute their airwaves morning and night and on weekends during Paul Houde’s shows.

BPM doesn’t want to ruffle the feathers of its contributors and probably figures that JiC and Reggie are preaching to the converted, which of course is an affront to those who are just listening to get a sports fix.

I didn't hear the Marinaro segment. I'll go to their site and listen to it. But Tony while on TSN690 for years has been really vocal about the xenophobic tendencies of many of the French media over the years. So it doesn't surprise me that whatever JiC said drew crickets from Tony.

One contributor I really enjoy is Denis Coderre. One reason is because he's articulate. But also, he speaks on sports subjects from a different angle being a Ministre de Sports and then a mayor.

And I was always a big fan of Bob Hartley. He's great, informative, and he always spits out a saying that makes me laugh.

So I'm happy when I'm in the car driving my daughter to school and then off to work that it coincides with Hartley and Coderre.

Paul Houde show is amazing!

It really is. Paul Houde not only has one of the best voices for radio, but he is knowledgeable in a lot of sports and different moments in history in multiple sports. He can have a serious conversation, but he can also have some fun with his co-hosts and collaborators.

Both Houde brothers are among the best in their respective professions.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Is Joey Elias really a comedian?
He’s on Melnicks show today trying to make jokes and I haven’t as much as giggled at one of them through 2 hours

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
makes you wonder how tremblay ever held down a coaching job. dude needs to get a better denture fit
:silly:
Tremblay’s a millionaire, he can literally afford a denturologist doubling as his caddy, for those times when his denture is showing a steeper incline than the golf course’s playing surface.

Last edited:

Ad

Ad

Ad