TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Do some of you guys use RDS stream service ? Do you get access to all RDS and how is the quality ? Also is there any kind of blackouts ?

Thanks , didnt really know where to post this

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
TSN 690 English radio broadcast rights have expired with the Montreal Canadiens.
Are there any reports of the Montreal Canadiens signing a new deal with with TSN690 or another network .

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’ve almost completely weened off 690, save for the afternoon show where I’ll drive listen.

Have my dial mostly on BPM these days and it’s not without its warts. Reggie Tremblay is running a cottage industry of contributions to all too many shows it turns out. He was on with Paul Houde on his weekend morning show where he, of all people, was making a point about racism. :laugh:

Then, Reggie was back on this morning on Delorme’s show, but this time, I managed to change the frequency on time. I go back to Delorme’s show about 10 minutes later, and who shows up with his ugly mug — Louis the Rotting Wood guy — I shut off my radio.

I tune in a little later while I was prepping a recipe so I put BPM back on and it was Laraque and his new co-host, a despicable, high pitched, motormouth who is all about himself and acts like a know-it-all. That guy is fantastically annoying AF. Only reason I left the station on was because I had my hands dirty.

Funny part during Laraque’s show is that they air his commercials for Montréal Auto Prix and he just can’t pronounce certain words. Instead of “Montréal” he says “Moual” and instead of “inventaire” he says “inventeur” which completely destroys his pitch.

His line should read « le plus grand inventaire de petits prix au Québec. » By saying « inventeur », he’s spinning it as a company that imagines something false (which is a secondary meaning of “inventeur »).

I’ve been hearing the same ad and pronunciations for years but now, he tried to cover up his mispronunciations by talking at twice the speed he normally does. And it still didn’t work.

Glad I didn’t listen in the afternoon as I’m sure there was more Reggie and Louis to avoid. :sarcasm:

Kidding aside, overall, BPM is still a better product than 690 — save for the afternoon shows where both stations have great guests.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Oh not so long ago I remember habs fans how great Therrien was as a coach and that teams would jumping on him after being fired by the Habs.

He never had a head coaching since then....and He's back on rds as I predicted.
Ha, ha, in what alternate universe was Therrien ever considered a « great » coach? Unless you mean a great meme worthy coach.

• Haha
Reactions: the and Team_Spirit

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Ding DIng Ding,..... "second guessing"
Evx0BES.jpg

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The power of photoshop.
He might have been laying off the chicken wings and his chain smoking. Still, not someone whose opinion really matters — it took a gutter sports station like Spanre to bring him back. I’m guessing RDS had seen enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad