TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It's summer, there's not a lot to talk about and the main staff is on vacation... Chill out you guys... geez...

Tough crowd,
Honestly, it’s not the content, I’ve been listening to these guys since the mid 2000’s, winter or summer…. it’s the 1st year where i just tune out, the hosts are pure garbage, they are monotone and boring, like lame boring.

You know me, i always find a silver lining with things…..there is none here.

I hate to see people lose their jobs but these talentless lame hosts have to go, like they are the lamest boring sounding hosts ive ever heard on 690…..worst then Moffat FFS LOL

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Honestly, it’s not the content, I’ve been listening to these guys since the mid 2000’s, winter or summer…. it’s the 1st year where i just tune out, the hosts are pure garbage, they are monotone and boring, like lame boring.

You know me, i always find a silver lining with things…..there is none here.

I hate to see people lose their jobs but these talentless lame hosts have to go, like they are the lamest boring sounding hosts ive ever heard on 690…..worst then Moffat FFS LOL
If even you, with a generally positive outlook, can’t find anything salvageable in that poor excuse for a radio station, then it clearly reinforces that we’ve hit rock bottom.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Finalement, est-ce-que BPM SPANRE c'est sa coche???? Might tune in if it is

Edit: Oh i guess its starting on monday , i heard tony hyping it up this week

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yup.

And Marinaro will be a contributor. I believe in both.
One guy uses 5 sentences’ worth of flowery language just to evoke a simple idea while that other contributor is an equal opportunity mangler in both official languages.

I’d only tune in if they’d get at each other’s throats.

• Haha
Reactions: Adam Michaels

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
If even you, with a generally positive outlook, can’t find anything salvageable in that poor excuse for a radio station, then it clearly reinforces that we’ve hit rock bottom.
I’m gonna retire TSN690 and start following Eklund again for content lol

Joking aside, they are just that bad…..Macramella is just full on lame….1min of his yapping and I’m looking for forks to stick into my eyeballs

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
One guy uses 5 sentences’ worth of flowery language just to evoke a simple idea while that other contributor is an equal opportunity mangler in both official languages.

I’d only tune in if they’d get at each other’s throats.

And I find them both entertaining. Both of them at times annoy me, but I'll take a JiC and Marinaro in my daily radio/TV hits over a lot of other personalities.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And I find them both entertaining. Both of them at times annoy me, but I'll take a JiC and Marinaro in my daily radio/TV hits over a lot of other personalities.
A matter of personal taste. I’d rather have neither, their mannerisms are off putting to me on an individual basis — putting them together is not my idea of entertainment but to each their own.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
91.9 started their new line-up today, now known as BPM Sports. Marinaro was on JiC's show as a contributor. Their first segment had this moment:

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
I don't mind Marinaro that much. But now appears Grant Mccagg is his side kick. I don't even listen to his podcast when I see him in video
Why is Grant interesting for Tony? He’s controversial. No such thing as bad publicity. And he can express himself coherently... His actual scouting opinions are in a way secondary.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So many pollutants to wade through with these current radio lineups.

I already have Campbell vs. his Garden Gnome on ignore.

I’ll be jumping frequencies whenever Reggie The Ethnophobe Dinosaur is on BPM. And, of course, Marinaro and his clown segments — no thanks, I can get my comedy elsewhere, from real standups, not a guy who is trying way to hard to sound funny.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
God, I forgot how damn awful, arcane caller Louis from wherever the f*** he’s from, calls in and monopolizes the airwaves with the same takes he’s been spewing over the last 40 years.

His tone of voice is particularly irritating, he’s the human equivalent of rotting wood. You can hear the sound of rot being accelerated in real time, if you listen closely.

Not content with bombarding every Franco radio show with calls, he is even more unbearable on Twitter where he acts like a shameless brown noser, trying way too hard to pander to any sports personality. The lengths he goes to are cringe level, addressing them with “my dear” and absurd veneration.

I got tired of the dumb polls he was posting on a weekly basis. I wasn’t even following him but he kept popping up when I did hockey searches. The block feature couldn’t have been more handy.

Louis and Reggie keep my radio dial on edge, truly abhorrent black holes, if you’re getting your sports fix from Franco radio to any extent.

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
God, I forgot how damn awful, arcane caller Louis from wherever the f*** he’s from, calls in and monopolizes the airwaves with the same takes he’s been spewing over the last 40 years.

His tone of voice is particularly irritating, he’s the human equivalent of rotting wood. You can hear the sound of rot being accelerated, if you listen closely.

Not content with bombarding every Franco radio show with calls, he is even more unbearable on Twitter where he acts like a shameless brown noser, trying way too hard to pander to any sports personality. The lengths he goes to are cringe level, addressing them with “my dear” and absurd veneration.

I got tired of the dumb polls he was posting on a weekly basis. I wasn’t even following him but he kept popping up when I did hockey searches. The block feature couldn’t have been more handy.

Louis and Reggie keep my radio dial on edge, truly abhorrent black holes, if you’re getting your sports fix from Franco radio to any extent.
Epic rant :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
1661871304177.gif

@Runner77 taking it out on his radio source after listening to 690 for more then 3 mins……

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad