TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah I’m not a big podcast (or Nilan) fan but these are actually pretty good, he rambles a bit but he lets his invitees talk with is nice. Watched Wideman, Caufield and MSL, all worth it.

Try knuckles podcast with kerry fraser. I've seen almost all of knuckles podcasts and this one tops them all.

Fraser is a great storyteller.

Reactions: jrom

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Looking forward to Shaun Starr and his ‘inside source’ about Price playing 50 games this year lol.
His source is probably Stephane Waite. He's the only one in the media that was confident Carey will be ready to go in October.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Here is that translation of the interview: it was pointless and nothing came of it.
There were nuggets that myself and another poster mentioned in the Monahan trade thread but that’s what you get when a summer host is handling the interview and his questions are more appropriate for People magazine.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
He was on for 30 minutes on 91.9’s afternoon show. He was supposed to be a guest but he got so interesting, that the host (Charles André Marchand, a similar “moulin à paroles”) gave him the latitude to do as he wished and it was delicious.

He jumped from topic to topic with ease and displayed such a depth of knowledge that I couldn’t let go. Provided angles to stories that I don’t normally hear. Plus, he visited several baseball stadiums this summer and loved the Texas Rangers’ home field. He couldn’t believe how much value he got on a $38 ticket, said the esthetics of it are spectacular.

He also talked about Coderre’s return to sports in a collaborator gig on the station. It is indeed a return as I had not realized that Coderre began as a sports reporter on CKVL, lol. Marchand chimed in by adding that he was on the same floor as Coderre back then and he could see him through a glass partition while Marchand was working for CJMS.

So many good anecdotes by Houde. He only became available when his contract expired on 98.5 FM, where he was doing an afternoon show for the longest time as well as some Saturday morning light entertainment segment. Houde has always been a huge stats nerd and always kept close tabs on sports news and events even if the show he was doing was a current affairs/ banter/ entertainment slot.

He begins on September 3rd. Will be on from 9-12. I’m going to be all over that. Finally, a seasoned pro with a whole lot of food for thought, stimulating, intelligent offerings and a guy who does his homework before getting on air — essentially, Houde is what sports radio used to be like 20 plus years ago. Something we’ll sadly not see on 690.

Only irritant is that 91.9 FM’s signal is not easy to get, lots of interference and too closely located to other radio frequencies but having a pro at the mic is still worth the inconvenience.
Great post.

Reactions: Runner77

First Line

Summer of Love
Aug 21, 2002
Laval
Here is that translation of the interview: it was pointless and nothing came of it.
He told a story that his daughter dreamt that if they went on this trip to see Newhook that the Habs would draft Bedard. And Hughes said we’re leaving tomorrow!
It’s only an interesting story because in a way, he admitted what he is really hoping happens this season and it’s the first time he mentions Bedard.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Against my better judgement I listened to Simon Tsalikis and Dave Trentadue on the morning show on my way to work this morning.

First of all, I think Dave is a doorknob, his takes are brutal.

And second, can someone, for the love of god tell the real estate agent to stop saying “Dave.” He must have said Dave 50 times in the one segment I was able to make it through.

My God, does anyone that matters actually listen to the trash they put out over the airwaves?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Against my better judgement I listened to Simon Tsalikis and Dave Trentadue on the morning show on my way to work this morning.

And second, can someone, for the love of god tell the real estate agent to stop saying “Dave.” He must have said Dave 50 times in the one segment I was able to make it through.

My God, does anyone that matters actually listen to the trash they put out over the airwaves?

Where were McKenna and Starr? McKenna came back from paternity leave at the start of August. He's already off again? And what about Starr? He took his vacation not long ago. Maybe he still had time off and he's taking it before the season starts.

I haven't listened to much radio the last little while. But I will surely be listening to it more when hockey season starts.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Where were McKenna and Starr? McKenna came back from paternity leave at the start of August. He's already off again? And what about Starr? He took his vacation not long ago. Maybe he still had time off and he's taking it before the season starts.

I haven't listened to much radio the last little while. But I will surely be listening to it more when hockey season starts.
No Clue

but they are literally ALL off

Connor and Shaun replaced by Simon and Dave
Dumbo and Jackass at 10 replaced by Jon Still and Eric Macramella
Mitch replaced by Joey Elias

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
No Clue

but they are literally ALL off

Connor and Shaun replaced by Simon and Dave
Dumbo and Jackass at 10 replaced by Jon Still and Eric Macramella
Mitch replaced by Joey Elias

It's normal for them to take all their time off in the offseason. Probably stacking their 4 weeks in between Free agency and the start of camp.

Mitch can do wtv he wants there. He's off like half the year lol.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

If you thought saying “Dave”was annoying, here’s something worse — the realtor regularly adds an “ah” before he says “TSN690”, as in “this is the morning show on ah-TSN690.”

Here’s an example where he does it twice in the first 10 seconds of this segment: McCarthy: Monahan is well-liked

And so on, but I couldn’t be bothered to listen to his craziness.

Yesterday, tuned in to the afternoon show only to hear another ad pimping tickets for ah-TSN690’s 20th anniversary bash. Yes, those same tickets put on sale over two weeks ago, that Melnick claimed would be sold out in 48 hours.

More than 2 weeks later, the pitch is still “hurry!” :laugh:

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
If you thought saying “Dave”was annoying, here’s something worse — the realtor regularly adds an “ah” before he says “TSN690”, as in “this is the morning show on ah-TSN690.”

Here’s an example where he does it twice in the first 10 seconds of this segment: McCarthy: Monahan is well-liked

And so on, but I couldn’t be bothered to listen to his craziness.

Yesterday, tuned in to the afternoon show only to hear another ad pimping tickets for ah-TSN690’s 20th anniversary bash. Yes, those same tickets put on sale over two weeks ago, that Melnick claimed would be sold out in 48 hours.

More than 2 weeks later, the pitch is still “hurry!” :laugh:
Just uhh terrible

It's normal for them to take all their time off in the offseason. Probably stacking their 4 weeks in between Free agency and the start of camp.

Mitch can do wtv he wants there. He's off like half the year lol.
It is, but all at the exact same time makes no sense

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Some of you take sports radio way too seriously. Sports TV and radio, from ESPN to TNT to TSN, are all there to spark debates and create conversation.

Mitch Melnick's show is basically as good as it gets (I personally think it's fantastic) but you guys have to re-evaluate your expectations for offseason sports radio...

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Who's the hack on the station? checked out Melnyck and gather he's on the Cape? :dunno: Heard some wannabe comedian trying out new material or something,big fail imo.🤢

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Who's the hack on the station? checked out Melnyck and gather he's on the Cape? :dunno: Heard some wannabe comedian trying out new material or something,big fail imo.🤢
Joey Elias, he of a poor repertory and questionable takes. I can’t remember one time when he was remotely funny.

Hey Joey, you wanna hear funny? This guy used to be a TV sportscaster and ditched it to do this:

Take notes, Joey, you boring sap.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Joey Elias, he of a poor repertory and questionable takes. I can’t remember one time when he was remotely funny.

Hey Joey, you wanna hear funny? This guy used to be a TV sportscaster and ditched it to do this:

Take notes, Joey, you boring sap.

He's good! but he sure ain't no Joey Elias:sarcasm:

Last time we were at one of those type places,we won ''best bods on the beach'' both being on the planed more or less 50 years but after seeing the clip,doesn't feel like that much of an achievement now😢

• Haha

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Just turned on the station for shit and giggles….morning show are playing movie games…..immediately turned off the station as it is shit and no giggles.

Dear TSN690…….please hire real hosts, your product is crap, not venting, it’s just the facts!!
It's summer, there's not a lot to talk about and the main staff is on vacation... Chill out you guys... geez...

Tough crowd,

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Just turned on the station for shit and giggles….morning show are playing movie games…..immediately turned off the station as it is shit and no giggles.

Dear TSN690…….please hire real hosts, your product is crap, not venting, it’s just the facts!!
My favourite was during the morning quiz at 7:30. Dave asked Simon what his first large purchase would be if he won a billion dollars. His answer was....a travel agency. I don't think Dave was expecting that answer! (I don't think anyone was expecting that answer)

Reactions: jaffy27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad