TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They are not serving the public interest. It’s just a repository for broadcast rights from local sports teams and a maelstrom of interns, part timers and God-awfful voices exaggerating their significance. What other purpose is being achieved? So hollow.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
It's hard to get good interviews out of current players. They are really careful with that they say, and I don't blame them. Patches was a little more candid out of the current guys he's had on.

But my favourite knuckles episode was with kerry fraser. Great stories there and knuckles and kerry didn't hold back at all.
I'll have to check that episode out. Knuckles' uncensored is pretty fun to listen to. I think his podcasts have great so far and I think the podcast format suits him better. Plus he's ditched Campbell that hasn't hurt either. :laugh:

Reactions: jackeymoon

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Further to Melnick promoting TSN’s 20th anniversary bash and claiming that tickets would fly out within the first two days of being made available, here we are a week later and some tickets are still available.

If any of you want to witness Melnick and his stooges live, and then share some dirt here, this is where you can buy them: 20th Anniversary

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Further to Melnick promoting TSN’s 20th anniversary bash and claiming that tickets would fly out within the first two days of being made available, here we are a week later and some tickets are still available.

If any of you want to witness Melnick and his stooges live, and then share some dirt here, this is where you can buy them: 20th Anniversary

OR you can do literally anything else.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Turned it on this morning and Shawn Starr was asking questions to someone. When the person tried to answer, Starr just kept talking over him. Turned it off after two minutes.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I suspect his sycophant feature interviews, geeky laugh, lame self-deprecating humor, and general unease he gave some fans probably was those creative differences.

I mean why would they hire him then? That's who he always has been it's not like he totally changed who he was.

Pretty obvious the media cockrocaches complaining is what did him in IMO.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Turned it on this morning and Shawn Starr was asking questions to someone. When the person tried to answer, Starr just kept talking over him. Turned it off after two minutes.
The morning show is a huge pissing contest with everyone talking over each other. It’s unbearable to have to listen to the type of jockeying they get into about little nothings. Rather than delve deeper into the interesting stories of the day, they’re far more interested in winning petty arguments and rehashing their opinions about things that mostly don’t matter.

Reactions: Chili

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
So after reading back through the last few weeks I decided to give Knuckles podcast a listen, listened to 4 of them.

It's well documented in here I simply could not stand listening to his show on TSN 690, but damn, I must admit, I have enjoyed his podcast so far from what I've heard.

Maybe it's just really Campbell I cant stand.

I dont miss TSN 690 one bit, havent had it on since early June and dont plan on going back any time soon after reading all of you mention how it's still amateur hour.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I enjoyed Marinaro podcast when it started, but now its just nauseating how many times he plugs ads in there.

They're sponsors. So I don't know what you're expecting. Any podcast you listen to that has a sponsor has ads dispersed throughout their episodes.

He usually plugs La Cage and the 8.6 Intense Beer at the start of each episode. And then he has one ad in the middle of a 40-minute episode. And that lasts about 5 seconds.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
TSN 690 is simply an indication of what is happening to the Anglo community in Quebec, wait strike that, in Montreal. (There are no Anglos to speak of outside Montreal.) It's a shrinking market. Rapidly shrinking. That means their demographics are rapidly vanishing and their talent pool is practically nonexistent. It doesn't make sense for Bell to bring in talent from outside the province because the commercial revenue is not there. So you have the absurd situation where a real estate agent, Simon Tsalikis, is a regular talent on the show. Don't get me started on Sean Campbell. I stopped listening to English radio for a while now. It started with cutting off CJAD. That's one station that gives me the creeps. TSN 690 was next.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
TSN 690 is simply an indication of what is happening to the Anglo community in Quebec, wait strike that, in Montreal. (There are no Anglos to speak of outside Montreal.) It's a shrinking market. Rapidly shrinking. That means their demographics are rapidly vanishing and their talent pool is practically nonexistent. It doesn't make sense for Bell to bring in talent from outside the province because the commercial revenue is not there. So you have the absurd situation where a real estate agent, Simon Tsalikis, is a regular talent on the show. Don't get me started on Sean Campbell. I stopped listening to English radio for a while now. It started with cutting off CJAD. That's one station that gives me the creeps. TSN 690 was next.
I would agree but the guys who talk about sports in french here are absolute maroons aswell

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I would agree but the guys who talk about sports in french here are absolute maroons aswell
Regardless of language, the Montreal sports radio landscape in general, has become a brutal proposition. Better off looking elsewhere.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
So after reading back through the last few weeks I decided to give Knuckles podcast a listen, listened to 4 of them.

It's well documented in here I simply could not stand listening to his show on TSN 690, but damn, I must admit, I have enjoyed his podcast so far from what I've heard.

Maybe it's just really Campbell I cant stand.

I dont miss TSN 690 one bit, havent had it on since early June and dont plan on going back any time soon after reading all of you mention how it's still amateur hour.
Cambell is the worst.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Regardless of language, the Montreal sports radio landscape in general, has become a brutal proposition. Better off looking elsewhere.
Yes its really sad . NY radio is the best imo. But honnestly the lack of sports radio in this city is quite normal considering we have one major league team

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yes its really sad . NY radio is the best imo. But honnestly the lack of sports radio in this city is quite normal considering we have one major league team
On the English side, 690 has just given up. Campbell is unemployable as a radio personality and yet, they keep throwing gigs at him. They clearly don’t want to spend the money it takes to attract better talents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad