TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Yeah nilan, has a good network.

I often listen to his podcast because of the kinds of guests he gets..... Right off the bat, he got chelios for episode 1.

Hes got that over marinaro, who usually has another media member as a guest. I don't recall any players on his podcast other than recchi and Ribeiro.
He's had Leclair on too I believe.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Maybe that medium is better suited to him?

I’m much more selective about what I listen to. Because of the poor quality sports radio offerings in this market, I’ve gravitated toward non-sports talk radio and music and comedians on YouTube.

I’m not sure what podcasts I’d feel strongly enough about, to become a regular listener. There is a ton of stuff out there, I wouldn’t know where to begin.
I can make some suggestions if you'd like.

The hockey guy is great he's ubiased and informative about NHL news and topics.
https://www.youtube.com/c/TheHockeyGuy

Habs related podcasts:
All Habs:
https://www.youtube.com/user/AllHabs

DrewDekes
https://www.youtube.com/user/andrewtck23

Habs Tonight:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyjx06R08S_q6WuHej2pAvQ

Montreal Hockey inside out:
https://www.youtube.com/user/HabsInsideOutVideos

Locked on Canadiens:
https://www.youtube.com/c/LockedOnCanadiens

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Pratt told a friend of mine that Off the Record was all his idea and that Landsberg basically stabbed him in the back to make it his show.

However, Pratt himself is not the best source. :D

In this case, it makes sense though. The rebranding in early 2000 was totally ESPN staring you right in the face with the entire presentation including the logo and music. So it wouldn't shock me at all if ESPN seriously considered scrapping the tsn name altogether.

Coindicentally, Pratt also had an "off the record" style show on tsn prior to the branding change. This show was prime time for the west coast, and I think it was only on once a week, but it was the same show as otr but with more western personalities.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
A POScast? You mean like Campbell or Gallo doing a podcast? :DD

If @jaffy had a podcast from say, Belarus or wherever he happens to be at, I’d gladly be listening.
Lol….i literally just crossed the land border into Lithuania from Belarus…..going to Denmark next, then Germany, then Switzerland then back home.

I’m not
Sure i can get hockey content out of these places lol

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yeah nilan, has a good network.

I often listen to his podcast because of the kinds of guests he gets..... Right off the bat, he got chelios for episode 1.

Hes got that over marinaro, who usually has another media member as a guest. I don't recall any players on his podcast other than recchi and Ribeiro.
So after episode 1, It's already better then TSN690!!?

It's incredible that 690 is minus Nilan and Marinaro and plugged in....well exactly that....plugged in plugs in their old slots.

Just listened to that Nilan interview with Caufield and what a breath of f***in fresh air compared to the air downwind from the shit plant Sean Campbell emits to his audience.

It really sheds light on how bad that radio station has become.....and that's coming from someone who's religiously listened to 690 since 2006 up until a few months ago.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Anyone catch this interview? It's pretty entertaining. Knuckles' podcasts have been pretty good he's had some great guests on.

Edit: damn it I didn't read the previous page plus I just had some edibles my bad 😂.

It's hard to get good interviews out of current players. They are really careful with that they say, and I don't blame them. Patches was a little more candid out of the current guys he's had on.

But my favourite knuckles episode was with kerry fraser. Great stories there and knuckles and kerry didn't hold back at all.

Reactions: the and Pickles

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
Ngl...the more Marc Dumont talks and makes videos about being canned and what's next, the more I understand why the Habs went in another direction.

Sorry I know he's got a lot of fans...but I'm glad he's no longer covering my team.
He was the most cringe guy interviewing players. Ça faisait mal par en dedans de l'étendre parler. Especially his post draft twitch interview my god.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Even Renaud can somewhat contain his glee when interviewing players.

Dumont out there twerking for players.
I dont know man….look at that face lol

1660072243666.png

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Why did dumont get fired? I've seen a few of his interviews in the past, and he just seemed like a harmless fanboy.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Why did dumont get fired? I've seen a few of his interviews in the past, and he just seemed like a harmless fanboy.
Creative differences...was the official reason given by Dumont.

I suspect his sycophant feature interviews, geeky laugh, lame self-deprecating humor, and general unease he gave some fans probably was those creative differences.

I've since discovered something about myself though...I really didn't like this guy lol

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Creative differences...was the official reason given by Dumont.

I suspect his sycophant feature interviews, geeky laugh, lame self-deprecating humor, and general unease he gave some fans probably was those creative differences.

I've since discovered something about myself though...I really didn't like this guy lol
He still is better than Flynn, Therrien and Gagnon. They are awful and still have a job. Dumont could work for RDS and be an improvement. Dumont position on the hockey Canada scandal was courageous considering he was working for the Habs.

Reactions: tazsub3

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
He still is better than Flynn, Therrien and Gagnon. They are awful and still have a job. Dumont could work for RDS and be an improvement. Dumont position on the hockey Canada scandal was courageous considering he was working for the Habs.
Bro half of the members of this board can work for tva and be an improvement on what we get there, and even if they dont speak french, they would still make more sense even in french lol

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I put on Habs Lunch today hoping maybe they'd have an interesting guest or an interesting Habs topic to discuss and I didn't make it through 5 minutes. Campbell was out and was replaced by Still. Gallo introduced what they were going to discuss throughout the show...all very vanilla topics. They then started off the show with a discussion about the daily question from the morning show...who's going to score more points between Anderson and Drouin. Good grief that's lame!

These guys are all mailing it in. There's minimal effort being put into the Habs Lunch content and no guests lined up despite the Habs organization having three teams in the area. It's awful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad