TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Marinaro and Nilan WERE tsn690. It’s gone completely down the drain. Melnick has always been horrible. Pure garbage now.

Reactions: Pickles

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Anyone see Tony’s podcast on YouTube? Unbearable lol
I find him entertaining (when not humiliating low IQ callers)

You want unbearable……??

Try listening to 690 these days…..Sean Campbell either at 10am or calling a soccer game or hockey game…..it’s literally cringe!!!

I flat out stopped listening

Macramella is also lame…..miss Nilan, Marinaro at noon.

They need to find radio talent pis ca presse

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Mvkenna can talk all he wants about Tony, but Tony was the better host and had the better show. Mckenna has Dreger in the morning, and that's all. That's great but it's not on him. Mckenna has no insider knowledge, and talks about food more than anybody on the station. The most mundane of topics can be heard because of him. Is a hotdog a sandwich? Oh how about the Florida report? wow.
McKenna is an arrogant Mr.Knowitall

I stopped listening to the morning show because of him…..Bring back Elliot Price!!!

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Marc Dumont fired. Not a bad guy, maybe the Habs will prefer a yes man or woman in his place. He took chances by commenting on Price and the Hockey Canada scandal. If he is more free to express his opinions maybe a good thing. Must be hard to make a living in that field.

Marc Dumont fired. Not a bad guy, maybe the Habs will prefer a yes man or woman in his place. He took chances by commenting on Price and the Hockey Canada scandal. If he is more free to express his opinions maybe a good thing. Must be hard to make a living in that field.
To add, he is way better than many at RDS, ex. Gaston Therrien, Normand Flynn or François Gagnon.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada

To add, he is way better than many at RDS, ex. Gaston Therrien, Normand Flynn or François Gagnon.
TBH I am not surprised he was fired. He was a breath of fresh air, his interviews with prospects were more genuine and informative than any PC or Habs arranged media thing, and he gave us fans a lot of access to things we wouldn't normally have. All of which are things the Habs don't do, even with Chantale, its all a little bit too formal and media driven instead of fan driven. Marc was about what the fans wanted, that was his priority, and the Habs have never given a shit about the fans.

I wish him all the best.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
They need to find radio talent pis ca presse
Why don't you put your talent together and start a new radio station or poscast format? Not to make money but for the passion of talking hockey. From what I read, most of you guys (and girls) have more IQ and you can't be worse than those at 690. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, that's all. Genious happen by trying most of the time.

George Lebay

Feb 17, 2012
Laval
I feel like I am the only one in this room not knowing who tf is Marc Dumont.

57eb0c0920abd.jpeg

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
A POScast? You mean like Campbell or Gallo doing a podcast? :DD

If @jaffy had a podcast from say, Belarus or wherever he happens to be at, I’d gladly be listening.
Error of typing. s is just before d. My big carpenter's fingers are not precise. I always edit my posts to correct my mistakes.

My suggestion is to have more than one person. Different voices, different opinions would make a better podcast.
Even have french and spanish would be nice too. Start one and I will listen to it, I can make funny squetches because I can make imitations, play guitar and I am a fan of Francois Pérusse. That would be an interresting hobby.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He's joining La Poche Bleue

These Blue Crotch guys are scooping up several young talents.

Just how much revenue are they generating? They're are not exactly new era thinkers either. Their appearances on Spanre and on 98.5FM evoke a meat and potatoes approach punctuated by a ton of cliches.

Reactions: DavePeak

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I won't miss Nilan, nor Marinaro for that matter. Some of these rough and tumble guys are just a chore to listen to. A lot of them are poor communicators. In the olden days, broadcasters would be groomed or they would hone their skills in smaller markets before accessing bigger city radio stations. 690 has put an end to that ever since Bell acquired it.

Marinaro's schtick had worn thin, I got tired of hearing him say "and stuff like that" repeatedly, mispronouncing several words, bastardizing expressions and uttering awkward sentences. The cringiest part was when he was ridiculing callers who were manifestly intellectually deficient and he would just lambaste them like a village idiot for long segments. That Peter guy from Westmount always took a spanking and wouldn't know the difference.

However, when Marinaro would get served in the same manner by an angry Melnick during the Friday scrums, Marinaro didn't like it and became defenseless. Somehow, he never took the hint that he had been doing it to others, for years.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Marinaro looks like a genuine good guy with a good heart though. Not sure how true it is, but this can go a long way.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
These Blue Crotch guys are scooping up several young talents.

Just how much revenue are they generating? They're are not exactly new era thinkers either. Their appearances on Spanre and on 98.5FM evoke a meat and potatoes approach punctuated by a ton of cliches.
They are sort of the Spittin’ Chiklets, version Québécoise. Lapierre makes fun of Tender’ weight, they swear, Lapierrre is a Habs fanboy, folks love it I guess.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Nilan wasn't the smoothest at radio (to say the very least) but he had good connections and so he got good guests. He also had some good stories from his days as a player. Tony always had the worst line up of guests of all the main daytime shows (viz. Normand Flynn). I'd take Nilan back before I'd want Tony back at 690 and it was always BS, the reason why BellMedia fired Chris.

As a soccer fan I only miss Tony's soccer talk. He did provide good support for the Impact/CFMTL and amateur soccer in Canada which I appreciated. His hockey takes were mostly useless and uninformed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad