TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anyone see Tony’s podcast on YouTube? Unbearable lol
I’m always fascinated by how much food he squeezes in there plus the spinning energy drink thingy.

64q2xb.gif

deleted, what'd it say?
I just made an off the cuff remark referring to Dumont saying too much on Twitter.

Did he delete any of his comments? Didn’t see it.

Reactions: StCaufield

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I don't know about the politics side of things, but the content wasn't very good. Isn't it twice he's let go ? There's probably something there. Anyways, hope he lands on his feet.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

He’s really doubling down on the pity party too.

Dang it, he deleted his tweet. Can someone reprise the contents?

Guess he realized how unprofessional he sounded and took action.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't know about the politics side of things, but the content wasn't very good. Isn't it twice he's let go ? There's probably something there. Anyways, hope he lands on his feet.

I found some of the questions he asked to his guests bizarre. But he always had a positive attitude and brought positive energy and passion.

Anyone see Tony’s podcast on YouTube? Unbearable lol
I enjoy it more than most tsn690 listening.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
TSN690 content (outside of Melnick's show) is not that difficult to beat.

We have a difference of opinion on Marinaro but that's what makes the world go round. I'm not a fan of bluster and pompousness, I prefer my broadcasters to be more polished, to be able to enunciate and to have a vocabulary.

That said, I give props to Marinaro for surviving not only in a tough field but in a limited market.

Reactions: Justin11

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
TSN690 content (outside of Melnick's show) is not that difficult to beat.

We have a difference of opinion on Marinaro but that's what makes the world go round. I'm not a fan of bluster and pompousness, I prefer my broadcasters to be more polished, to be able to enunciate and to have a vocabulary.

That said, I give props to Marinaro for surviving not only in a tough field but in a limited market.

Yeah, certain radio personalities I just enjoy listening to, for some reason. Another is Matthew Ross, whose weekend game plan hasn't been on the last few weeks.

I hope he's on vacation and we don't have yet another departure of one of the good ones.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
And yet many people complain that the fanbase and media is toxic and is driving players away from the team and city. Pick one.

It's sports, not politics. Apparently a lot of people here thrive on Doom and Gloom and Negativity, but personally I don't. Up to a point the media should be there to entertain the fanbase, not to rile it up and create chaos.
I think it's naive to expect a multi-million dollar industry to just be exclusively happy, cheery, smiling entertainment. As can be seen with the relentless pace of the sex abuse scandals and all the other scandals (including the simmering but totally not forgotten concussion cover-up scandals) this is a business sector and it needs real reporting. It's a business sector and we love and adore the sport and we are religiously devoted to our hometown team. All of this can be true.

It isn't for everyone so I don't hold it against you that you just want to be entertained -- I feel the same about movies and TV, I do not care at all about box office figures or behind the scenes corporate drama -- but with hockey it's been excessively sanitised and it's an old boy's club. It's stuffy, full of bullies and nepotism hires, and increasingly badly run. It's a shame none of our fifty hockey writers and talking heads can do anything worthwhile.

Reactions: NameInUse

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah, certain radio personalities I just enjoy listening to, for some reason. Another is Matthew Ross, whose weekend game plan hasn't been on the last few weeks.

I hope he's on vacation and we don't have yet another departure of one of the good ones.

Yes the Weekend Gameplan is on vacation.

Reactions: Garry Valk

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I thought he needed a bib for all of the drooling he was doing over his guests...

No need to use the past tense. Apparently he's just on vacation and is still doing the show on 690!

Reactions: 417

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I remember this whole ordeal. Dumont expressed his disappointment that a lot of the Montreal media shunned Price in the voting. A lot of the main media guys took exception to him expressing his opinion. They didn't appreciate Dumont doing that so they attacked him. There were some angry Twitter exchanges.

And it turned out, a bunch of them sent emails to the Habs asking for Dumont to be fired.
Interesting. So the media people who are occupied in a type of real critical analysis could not abide being criticized by this character here.

Methinks they do protest too much.

Maybe.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
I found some of the questions he asked to his guests bizarre. But he always had a positive attitude and brought positive energy and passion.

Depends on what guests they have on for me at least

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Mvkenna can talk all he wants about Tony, but Tony was the better host and had the better show. Mckenna has Dreger in the morning, and that's all. That's great but it's not on him. Mckenna has no insider knowledge, and talks about food more than anybody on the station. The most mundane of topics can be heard because of him. Is a hotdog a sandwich? Oh how about the Florida report? wow.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
He seems like a nice enough guy but he came off pretty unprofessional in the videos I saw of him. Made the org look a little bush league, like someone the Coyotes or Golden Knights would employ.

Reactions: jackeymoon

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So not only do we have multiple threads on similar topics like trades, out of town discussion or specific players, now we have multiple threads for the media? :laugh:

Reactions: jaffy27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad