TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's an Infinity.......
Why would McKenna mention what car he drives?

Most times, McKenna doesn’t come across as a sportscaster. He sounds more like a CBC Radio One wannabe who loves the sound of his own voice.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Is it just me or was his bromance with Macramella an on-air fail from the start? Macramella’s banter as a one-percenter is annoying.
I vaguely remember the " I love you's" going back and forth....I dunno, I pretty much stopped listening to the station...I'll check in if something important is happening but I've tuned out for quit a while now. Have better things to do with my time. e.g I listened this morning for about 15mins.....I honestly couldn't stand it so just turned off. Then I had it on for about 15 to 20 minutes for the afternoon show, I was easily bored with those stupid guessing games they play.....station was turned off immediately.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I vaguely remember the " I love you's" going back and forth....I dunno, I pretty much stopped listening to the station...I'll check in if something important is happening but I've tuned out for quit a while now. Have better things to do with my time. e.g I listened this morning for about 15mins.....I honestly couldn't stand it so just turned off. Then I had it on for about 15 to 20 minutes for the afternoon show, I was easily bored with those stupid guessing games they play.....station was turned off immediately.
The guessing games, the questions involving superlatives, so much of it smacks of recycling and lack of originality.

Macramella’s schtick about how rich he is and how he has no problems with any issue brought up by McKenna cause Macramella constantly reminds you that he can simply throw money at it, is what’s annoying.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
did this happen after the abuse allegations came out?
No, way before. People who worked with the abuser or who had him on their shows as a contributor over many years, did not know how he conducted himself at home. So many in the sports industry have expressed shock at finding out.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The guessing games, the questions involving superlatives, so much of it smacks of recycling and lack of originality.

Macramella’s schtick about how rich he is and how he has no problems with any issue brought up by McKenna cause Macramella constantly reminds you that he can simply throw money at it, is what’s annoying.
all vomit worthy....geez

It's scary when you start to think that Normand Flynn is beginning to be one of the most interesting personalities on the station. lol

J.P O'Connor is good, Marc Denis, and the ex Islander D that comes on once and a while....his name escapes me but they are what makes this station ever so slightly interesting.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
No, way before. People who worked with the abuser or who had him on their shows as a contributor over many years, did not know how he conducted himself at home. So many in the sports industry have expressed shock at finding out.
that's good to know......a relief really

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
all vomit worthy....geez

It's scary when you start to think that Normand Flynn is beginning to be one of the most interesting personalities on the station. lol

J.P O'Connor is good, Marc Denis, and the ex Islander D that comes on once and a while....his name escapes me but they are what makes this station ever so slightly interesting.
I much prefer Denis as an analyst on RDS broadcasts. While he makes several interesting points on 690, he comes across as grumpy and monotone. Not sure if the fact of being on air early, agrees with him.

DougHarvey

Aug 11, 2004
all vomit worthy....geez

Bruno Gervais is the ex-Islander.

I like Mike Johnson , Aaron Ward and Gord Miller as guests.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
thank god........the most dislikeable prick on that station...and it ain't even close.
Maybe I'll try listening to the morning show when he's on leave. I refuse to give him any hits or ratings. His sports knowledge is awful, he's arrogant (for no reason) and he has an annoying voice that sounds like he's talking through his nose.

I'll never forget the ignorant douche giving KK a hard time for contracting COVID. He ranted that we were a year into the pandemic and nobody should be getting it at this point. I bet he struggled miserably in school.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
What the duck was wrong with Campbell during tonight's postgame on TSN690? Why was he so cranky? Geez...

Take your pills dude! :huh::thumbd:
Campbell is not very nice to Jimmy I've noticed. It can be hard to tell whether it's just good natured banter and they are fine off the air, but in isolation it just sounds like bullying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad