TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Campbell is not very nice to Jimmy I've noticed. It can be hard to tell whether it's just good natured banter and they are fine off the air, but in isolation it just sounds like bullying.
Exactly he was over the board rude with Jimmy, it didn't feel like a joke at all. It was like he was really pissed for some reason...Just bad vibes on the radio

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Since his sentence is less than 24 months, he is serving it in a provincial jail as opposed to a federal penitentiary. Don't know whether it's easier to serve in a provincial institution.
Depends on the charges and his lawyer to get sentenced to a specific institution. Some are like day camp:shakehead

Reactions: Runner77

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
at least Tony has clean underwear he says
Commando is great!:laugh:

love-happy.gif

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Is TSN690 off air for anyone else this afternoon? I usually listen to TSN690 on channel 985 on the Bell satellite TV service and it's been off the air for me for at least the past couple of hours for some reason.

I've read a few posts from Leaf fans over the years on HF stating that the overdrive show on TSN1050 is the best sports radio in Canada but after giving it a shot today (since no TSN690 for me) and nope that show is not for me. Give me Melnick in the afternoon everyday and twice on Sundays over that overdrive show.

Reactions: Runner77 and KKWG11

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Tony comparing himself as a radio host to Guy Lafleur while he plays "My Way". He mentioned similarities in that they say what's on their mind, try to put on a show, great at what they do. :rolleyes:

Tony is really lacking in self-awareness. He's only entertaining in the same way Goofy is.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Just caught up with the full saga of that sad sap and one time rising star of sports journalism, Jonah Keri.

Heard his ex yesterday on a local radio show, recounting the horror that was her life at the hands of Keri, who finally got sentenced to 21 months in jail.

The sordid details, here: Disgraced sports writer Jonah Keri sentenced to 21 months in jail for domestic abuse conviction

To think that in the days of the Expos and the rise of sabrmetrics, I used to have frequent exchanges with him on Fanhome. He was into advanced stats when most of the fans on that site, weren’t knowledgeable about them or simply dismissed them as quackery. I still remember his usual line about how a team should never overpay for or overvalue relievers, cause “relievers grow on trees.”

I can’t help but think of his victims at this time, cause they are the only ones that really matter — his ex and a minor, traumatized for life. Hopefully, they get the help they need to heal and move forward.
He was known as Joneseyjones in baseball forums back in the days.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Is TSN690 off air for anyone else this afternoon? I usually listen to TSN690 on channel 985 on the Bell satellite TV service and it's been off the air for me for at least the past couple of hours for some reason.

I've read a few posts from Leaf fans over the years on HF stating that the overdrive show on TSN1050 is the best sports radio in Canada but after giving it a shot today (since no TSN690 for me) and nope that show is not for me. Give me Melnick in the afternoon everyday and twice on Sundays over that overdrive show.

Really? lol Idk man Melnick's show with the three stooges the last month of the season was some of the worst afternoon radio I've ever heard.
Post automatically merged:

Found this study earlier today that's very interesting. Apparently people who work in Media and as Journalists purport to be some of the populations with the highest amount of psychopathic/sociopathic traits. Explains why some people that work in that milieu are so unlikeable lol

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Really? lol Idk man Melnick's show with the three stooges the last month of the season was some of the worst afternoon radio I've ever heard.
Post automatically merged:

Found this study earlier today that's very interesting. Apparently people who work in Media and as Journalists purport to be some of the populations with the highest amount of psychopathic/sociopathic traits. Explains why some people that work in that milieu are so unlikeable lol

Yes really. Even though Melnick's show lost some regular guests the past couple of years I'd still much rather listen to him over the likes of Jeff O'Neill and anyone else over at TSN1050.

As for me losing TSN690 on my Bell satellite yesterday. Well I tried again this morning and it still wasn't on channel 985. Tried TSN1050 on channel 989 and that was fine so I didn't know what was going on. I did however discover my issue right after by complete accident.

I had accidentally gone one channel down too far and landed on channel 984 instead of 985 and apparently it seems Bell moved TSN690 to channel 984 instead of it's regular 985 for some reason.

So anyway I'm now listening to TSN690 on Bell satellite channel 984 which was previously and still labeled as Funny 1290 AM (CFRW-AM) and the first voice I heard when accidentally discovering this was Tony's. :)

The station is still cutting out periodically for me today though so there still seems to be some kind of issue.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Yes really. Even though Melnick's show lost some regular guests the past couple of years I'd still much rather listen to him over the likes of Jeff O'Neill and anyone else over at TSN1050.

As for me losing TSN690 on my Bell satellite yesterday. Well I tried again this morning and it still wasn't on channel 985. Tried TSN1050 on channel 989 and that was fine so I didn't know what was going on. I did however discover my issue right after by complete accident.

I had accidentally gone one channel down too far and landed on channel 984 instead of 985 and apparently it seems Bell moved TSN690 to channel 984 instead of it's regular 985 for some reason.

So anyway I'm now listening to TSN690 on Bell satellite channel 984 which was previously and still labeled as Funny 1290 AM (CFRW-AM) and the first voice I heard when accidentally discovering this was Tony's. :)

The station is still cutting out periodically for me today though so there still seems to be some kind of issue.
Just download the app and connect it to whatever you're using

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
When the station is cutting out periodically -- here's what you don't know.

They're doing you a favor.

:m-dance::m-dance::m-dance:

Reactions: sheed36

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Great Tribute to Guy

but it is time now Tony to change your theme. sorry
I had to turn it off, it was just too much.

Tony should be sent packing, his schtick is becoming thinner and thinner -- he has so little to contribute that he's constantly making the show about himself, about how the Habs invited him to the funeral, him, him, him.

He's supposed to act as a conduit for fans who can't be there or who don't have direct access to stories and events.

He clearly is not spending enough time prepping. And he's conducting the same type of interviews with the same people and adding "and stuff like that" everywhere cause that's the level of detail he chooses to dabble in.

Tony, enough of you man -- find yourself another gig.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
When the station is cutting out periodically -- here's what you don't know.

They're doing you a favor.

:m-dance::m-dance::m-dance:
It seems they're really trying to do something since my TSN690 is gone again today with Bell satellite. :dunno:

TSN690 was on channel 984 earlier today but it's also now gone from that channel and it's still not on it's regualr channel 985. I now have TSN1050 Fig talk on both channels 984 and 989 and TSN690 is no where to be found it seems but I'll look more later.

Get your shit together Bell b'y. :)

Just download the app and connect it to whatever you're using
Yeah I could do that or just listen live from their website but listening to TSN690 through my Bell satellite service is what I've been doing for years. I'd just like to know what the hell Bell as been doing the past couple of days and why I've been losing that channel.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
It seems they're really trying to do something since my TSN690 is gone again today with Bell satellite. :dunno:

TSN690 was on channel 984 earlier today but it's also now gone from that channel and it's still not on it's regualr channel 985. I now have TSN1050 Fig talk on both channels 984 and 989 and TSN690 is no where to be found it seems but I'll look more later.

Get your shit together Bell b'y. :)

Yeah I could do that or just listen live from their website but listening to TSN690 through my Bell satellite service is what I've been doing for years. I'd just like to know what the hell Bell as been doing the past couple of days and why I've been losing that channel.
The website live option is really faulty unfortunately. Maybe your region is in a temporary blackout

Reactions: sheed36

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The website live option is really faulty unfortunately. Maybe your region is in a temporary blackout
I just tried listening live on their website which is through iHeart Radio and I can't get anything there either so not sure what the problem is there either.

Guess I'll just have to wait and hope it'll eventually come back on my Bell satellite. So listening to Fig talk on TSN1050 it'll be for now. Blah.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Just caught up with the full saga of that sad sap and one time rising star of sports journalism, Jonah Keri.

Heard his ex yesterday on a local radio show, recounting the horror that was her life at the hands of Keri, who finally got sentenced to 21 months in jail.

The sordid details, here: Disgraced sports writer Jonah Keri sentenced to 21 months in jail for domestic abuse conviction

To think that in the days of the Expos and the rise of sabrmetrics, I used to have frequent exchanges with him on Fanhome. He was into advanced stats when most of the fans on that site, weren’t knowledgeable about them or simply dismissed them as quackery. I still remember his usual line about how a team should never overpay for or overvalue relievers, cause “relievers grow on trees.”

I can’t help but think of his victims at this time, cause they are the only ones that really matter — his ex and a minor, traumatized for life. Hopefully, they get the help they need to heal and move forward.
I didn’t know you were on Fanhome!

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Still no TSN690 with my Bell satellite service and just a dead channel 985. At one point today I had TSN1050 on 3 different channels. :dunno:

Was hoping I wouldn't have to contact Bell but I might have to contact them to find out what the **** they're doing and if the issue is on their end or mine. Argh.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Any time Tony talked soccer, I turned off the radio.
I'm not a soccer fan either but he's not making it easy to attract new fans.

He's acting in a petulant manner any time someone asks him to stop shoving soccer down their throats. As I mentioned repeatedly, you attract new fans by gently and respectfully interacting with your audience, not by pulling hissy fits, bullying those who disagree with him and losing his head.

Mind you, it's also quite obvious that his outbursts of craziness are scripted in part -- it's not for anything that the station's promo people lift some of his outrageous moments to use them as advertising for the show.

He shows a disturbing pattern of trolling his audience by not knowing when to pull back on his soccer speeches. There are many days in the year where the CF or soccer in general should not be the topic to open a show. Some news items warrant greater and more immediate attention based on the news cycle or just on what your audience wants you to cover on a given day. He's just tone deaf to all that. He'd just rather be the soccer guy who happens to dabble in other subjects.

The worst is when he pretends to open a show with say the Habs and within 5 minutes, he just hops into soccer for a long segment.

Or, the time he called a soccer academy in Italy, that happened to cater to the same age group as his kids. He started pandering to the head of the soccer academy by talking to him in Italian, self-aggrandizing his show in order to make the academy guy feel that he wasn't wasting his time and almost all of the questions sounded like a shopping list of criteria that his kids would have to meet in order to be able to join this academy.

It was disgustingly patronizing and a pure exercise in ballwashing. It also came across as free propaganda segment for parents wanting to send their kids to this academy (I can't imagine a scenario where Tony would not get some kind of consideration from the academy for the free advertising he provided).

Reactions: WickedPegJets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad