TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Tony is losing it, calling people idiots and others to go to hell.

at some point he will go to far
It's ironic that he calls them idiots. Every time I hear him give his hockey opinion I'm saying to myself "what an idiot!"

His knowledge of the game is so elementary and it only takes a minute of listening to him talk hockey to see through him. I'm sure his guests and even the guys he works with who have actually played hockey think the same.

Reactions: WickedPegJets

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Tony is losing it, calling people idiots and others to go to hell.

at some point he will go to far
I was listening this morning as well and he's been doing this garbage more and more over the past couple of years but in the past few months it's gotten much worse from him it seems.

To me it's completely uncalled for and very unprofessional to do this garbage on air and it shouldn't be tolerated by the station IMO.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I was listening this morning as well and he's been doing this garbage more and more over the past couple of years but in the past few months it's gotten much worse from him it seems.

To me it's completely uncalled for and very unprofessional to do this garbage on air and it shouldn't be tolerated by the station IMO.
It's very bizarre. He could simply ignore the texts but he's so insecure that he can't help himself and just has to rant about it and then call them names. He is simply feeding the trolls but he's just so damn insecure.

During his rant today he was hollering that his ratings are "on fire". Anyone who is fully confident in their lot in life doesn't need to announce this. My money's on him being a very unathletic human and doing a sports show every day brings out his worst insecurities in life.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
It's very bizarre. He could simply ignore the texts but he's so insecure that he can't help himself and just has to rant about it and then call them names. He is simply feeding the trolls but he's just so damn insecure.

During his rant today he was hollering that his ratings are "on fire". Anyone who is fully confident in their lot in life doesn't need to announce this. My money's on him being a very unathletic human and doing a sports show every day brings out his worst insecurities in life.
I was gonna bring up his not so subtle little brag this morning about his ratings being high the past couple of years in my post but left it out. Seems he's been reading his own ratings and letting it go to his head way too much lately.

I've been a pretty regular listener to Tony's show for the past maybe 7 or 8 years but his constant crying rants directed at anyone who tells him they don't like soccer and him calling listeners stuff like stupid, idiots and telling people to go to hell as me tuning out more and more all the time.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home

690 needs to field some heavy complaints.. no need to for his rants and tell people to go to hell

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just caught up with the full saga of that sad sap and one time rising star of sports journalism, Jonah Keri.

Heard his ex yesterday on a local radio show, recounting the horror that was her life at the hands of Keri, who finally got sentenced to 21 months in jail.

The sordid details, here: Disgraced sports writer Jonah Keri sentenced to 21 months in jail for domestic abuse conviction

To think that in the days of the Expos and the rise of sabrmetrics, I used to have frequent exchanges with him on Fanhome. He was into advanced stats when most of the fans on that site, weren’t knowledgeable about them or simply dismissed them as quackery. I still remember his usual line about how a team should never overpay for or overvalue relievers, cause “relievers grow on trees.”

I can’t help but think of his victims at this time, cause they are the only ones that really matter — his ex and a minor, traumatized for life. Hopefully, they get the help they need to heal and move forward.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Just caught up with the full saga of that sad sap and one time rising star of sports journalism, Jonah Keri.

Heard his ex yesterday on a local radio show, recounting the horror that was her life at the hands of Keri, who finally got sentenced to 21 months in jail.

The sordid details, here: Disgraced sports writer Jonah Keri sentenced to 21 months in jail for domestic abuse conviction

To think that in the days of the Expos and the rise of sabrmetrics, I used to have frequent exchanges with him on Fanhome. He was into advanced stats when most of the fans on that site, weren’t knowledgeable about them or simply dismissed them as quackery. I still remember his usual line about how a team should never overpay for or overvalue relievers, cause “relievers grow on trees.”

I can’t help but think of his victims at this time, cause they are the only ones that really matter — his ex and a minor, traumatized for life. Hopefully, they get the help they need to heal and move forward.

I had never heard of Keri until I heard his ex on Melnick's show about a week ago recounting the horror she had endured while being with this person.

She also appeared on CBC's The National a day or so before going on Melnick's show. That TV segment included some video and audio files which were quite disturbing.

Here's the CBC The National segment if you want to watch.

Reactions: Runner77

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
What is going on with McKenna? I keep hearing little references to him leaving on the morning show but obviously missed some announcement. I assume he's going on parental leave or something? Did he say for how long? Any announcement on who will be on the show with Starr?

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Knuckles was really melting down at the end of his interview. It was very hard and awkward to listen to when he said "when is all this shit that's been happening to me lately going to stop?" referring to a bad run of recent events in his own personal life. Mitch and crew cut him off quickly at that point (although the interview was about to end anyway). I'm sure they were nervous that his being relieved of his job at 690 was about to be brought up.

I felt bad for him.

I feel real bad for Knuckles. Got completely shafted by 690 and had most of his co-workers turn their back on him. I know one guy in particular who owes his career to knucks. Hope his podcast picks up

Reactions: angusyoung

DougHarvey

Aug 11, 2004
What is going on with McKenna? I keep hearing little references to him leaving on the morning show but obviously missed some announcement. I assume he's going on parental leave or something? Did he say for how long? Any announcement on who will be on the show with Starr?
I caught something this morning about him being away for a few months but no details.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I had never heard of Keri until I heard his ex on Melnick's show about a week ago recounting the horror she had endured while being with this person.

She also appeared on CBC's The National a day or so before going on Melnick's show. That TV segment included some video and audio files which were quite disturbing.

Here's the CBC The National segment if you want to watch.

Thanks for sharing. I had missed the CBC report and didn't know she had been on with Melnick.

There was some pretty damning evidence about Jonah Keri's anger and control issues but the most chilling and graphic part had to be the elevator recording where she tells him that he can't come into the apartment, after which he goes completely ballistic.

The NY Post describes the attack as follows: "Then, they showed elevator surveillance footage of Keri headbutting Kaufman, pushing her down, biting her face, slapping her and spitting on her."

cfQ0OTZ.gif

Here is Amy Kaufman commenting the video:

Reactions: jaffy27

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. I had missed the CBC report and didn't know she had been on with Melnick.

There was some pretty damning evidence about Jonah Keri's anger and control issues but the most chilling and graphic part had to be the elevator recording where she tells him that he can't come into the apartment, after which he goes completely ballistic.

The NY Post describes the attack as follows: "Then, they showed elevator surveillance footage of Keri headbutting Kaufman, pushing her down, biting her face, slapping her and spitting on her."

cfQ0OTZ.gif

Here is Amy Kaufman commenting the video:

Just wow...............that's nasty.
21 months time, should have been more.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just wow...............that's nasty.
21 months time, should have been more.
It appears that generally, it’s not easy to get a conviction and deterrent sentencing in these kind of cases. In this case, the Crown prosecutor only asked for a 12-month sentence while Keri’s lawyer argued for time spent in the community. The judge felt that the Crown’s position was insufficient.

It was an en extremely predatory pattern of abuse and violence that Keri engaged in — it was reminiscent of how you see those engaging in human trafficking, behave:

The more you read about this, the more chilling it gets:

“Keri admitted to committing 14 incidents of violence against the victim between July 5, 2018, and Jan. 27, 2019, a period of just under seven months. …

Much of the abuse occurred while the victim was pregnant with their child. Last year, Keri pleaded guilty to simple assault, armed assault, and assault causing bodily harm to his now former spouse, as well as to having threatened and harassed her.

During these incidents the offender punched the victim in the knees, hit her on the head and on her ears, pushed her, dragged her on the ground, slapped her, bit her, spat in her face, head-butted her, shook her, pulled her hair and grabbed her by the shoulders while threatening to throw her off a balcony,” Dalmau said. “During one incident he threw various objects at her. During another, he took a knife and threatened to remove the baby she was carrying in her womb.”

The woman’s nose was fractured when Keri head-butted her.”

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
What the duck was wrong with Campbell during tonight's postgame on TSN690? Why was he so cranky? Geez...

Take your pills dude! :huh::thumbd:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It appears that generally, it’s not easy to get a conviction and deterrent sentencing in these kind of cases. In this case, the Crown prosecutor only asked for a 12-month sentence while Keri’s lawyer argued for time spent in the community. The judge felt that the Crown’s position was insufficient.

It was an en extremely predatory pattern of abuse and violence that Keri engaged in — it was reminiscent of how you see those engaging in human trafficking, behave:

“Keri admitted to committing 14 incidents of violence against the victim between July 5, 2018, and Jan. 27, 2019, a period of just under seven months. …

Much of the abuse occurred while the victim was pregnant with their child. Last year, Keri pleaded guilty to simple assault, armed assault, and assault causing bodily harm to his now former spouse, as well as to having threatened and harassed her.

During these incidents the offender punched the victim in the knees, hit her on the head and on her ears, pushed her, dragged her on the ground, slapped her, bit her, spat in her face, head-butted her, shook her, pulled her hair and grabbed her by the shoulders while threatening to throw her off a balcony,” Dalmau said. “During one incident he threw various objects at her. During another, he took a knife and threatened to remove the baby she was carrying in her womb.”

This is so sad.............the guy should rot in jail......

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario

Mitch Melnick was one of the people who helped catapult this monster into fame. Don't forget it

DougHarvey

Aug 11, 2004
Mitch Melnick was one of the people who helped catapult this monster into fame. Don't forget it
Why would you blame Mitch Melnick ? How is he supposed to know what the guy is like at home. Jonah wrote a fantastic book on the Expos. I read it. Does that make me an accomplice ?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sad but there is no way Melnick could have known. That Keri asshole fooled a lot of industry types over his sportswriting career.

It’s incredible that he was able to get away with so many attacks and abuses before he was stopped. He was one hell of an actor in not letting others on to what he was really about.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

what a scumbag......this behavior is normally not tolerated in prison....he more then likely will walk out of prison with a reconstructed mouth and a really sore ass......that's the reality of prison when you rape and or abuse woman or children.

Good riddance to this asshole

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad