TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He gets the reaction. If you want anything in entertainment, it's a reaction.
Couldn't they get someone who could also generate a reaction while also knowing the hell they're talking about?

Anyways, I was just honestly asking what in Flynn's background makes 690 or RDS value his opinion so much, I honestly don't know his background.

I'm going to assume he coached in the Q years ago??

Dirby Kach

Sep 2, 2009
Flynn seems to be upset his buddy Bergevin and now Ducharme are no longer running the show.

The moment Gorton, then Hughes, and now MSL are there, he's been upset. He hasn't even given them a chance to breathe. He's been on them from the moment they were hired.

He's shitting on Gorton today for sure - why? Gorton has been here for 3 days - give him 3 years and then we can start evaluating. Hopefully we get 2 of Wright/Savoie/Cooley/Bedard/Michkov.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He's shitting on Gorton today for sure - why? Gorton has been here for 3 days - give him 3 years and then we can start evaluating. Hopefully we get 2 of Wright/Savoie/Cooley/Bedard/Michkov.

He's been shitting on Gorton, Hughes, and now Marty from the moment these guys have been hired. Marinaro asked him if he's crossed paths with these guys somewhere and they rubbed him the wrong way because Flynn has been harsh with them.

My problem with Normand's opinion is that he's talking about how disoriented the team is now and he wants to put this on the guys there now, as if he forgot this is the mess they inherited from MB and DD.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Norman FLYNN

Norman Flynn has been involved in hockey for over thirty years. In 1989, Norman became head coach for the St-Hyacinthe Laser of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Then his career continued, still as head coach, successively with the Lynx de St-Jean and the Foreurs de Val d'Or. During the 1995-1996 season, he returned with the St-Hyacinthe Laser. For 18 years now, he has been an analyst of NHL and junior hockey games on RDS.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Norman FLYNN

Norman Flynn has been involved in hockey for over thirty years. In 1989, Norman became head coach for the St-Hyacinthe Laser of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Then his career continued, still as head coach, successively with the Lynx de St-Jean and the Foreurs de Val d'Or. During the 1995-1996 season, he returned with the St-Hyacinthe Laser. For 18 years now, he has been an analyst of NHL and junior hockey games on RDS.
Has experience, but nothing really noteworthy. You can work on a field for a long time but not be great at what you do.

Reactions: Runner77

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I never realize how bad hab fans are until i listen to the team 690 and hear them talk about, well, basically anything hockey related.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Norman FLYNN

I have interviewed Norman while with the Laser. Very approachable for sure. But has not ‘progressed’ as a hockey pundit.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
There's a glut of talentless hacks on 690. As much as we chide Norman Flynn the fact is you don't have b and c reporters like valji or ward making french media airwaves. That valji dude does live hits for tsn calgary and my buddy who's a cal fan has a valji stuttering drinking game lol not to mention ward went to court for domestic abuse

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
He's been shitting on Gorton, Hughes, and now Marty from the moment these guys have been hired. Marinaro asked him if he's crossed paths with these guys somewhere and they rubbed him the wrong way because Flynn has been harsh with them.

My problem with Normand's opinion is that he's talking about how disoriented the team is now and he wants to put this on the guys there now, as if he forgot this is the mess they inherited from MB and DD.

The bolded part bewilders me to NO end
I'm just a little shocked he is THAT stupid, that he keeps hammering Gorton and Hughes for this CURRENT team that BERGEVIN built

I dont understand what he expected when the new regime took over?? Trade everybody the next week?? Like is this guy for real

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't understand WHY Normand Flynn has a regular segment on 690 lol

WHY!!!!???

Easily 90% of the hosts are dreadful. The major saving grace are those big name pundits they tap into for regular segments but that excludes Flynn who should be nowhere near a mic.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Adam Ward with a hilarious moniker today about our Pitlicks. He dared any PxP guy who is calling a Habs game, to make a special reference involving the Pitlicks, by referring to them as “Pitlickers.”

Reactions: angusyoung

PhysicalHABuse

Jun 11, 2016
This morning they are talking about Brendan Gallagher potentially being traded and are debating whether this could happen. Does anyone really think that his contract can be moved? I think this is all talk and not because I wouldn’t want it to happen, but I cannot see anyone accepting his contact for what he produces.

Reactions: angusyoung

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
This morning they are talking about Brendan Gallagher potentially being traded and are debating whether this could happen. Does anyone really think that his contract can be moved? I think this is all talk and not because I wouldn’t want it to happen, but I cannot see anyone accepting his contact for what he produces.
In the off-season taking back salary it might. You can always get knee jerk trades for character from playoff failure teams and Gm at the the end of lifelines.
Ie leafs after a first round exist again.
Oilers losing to rival flames
It need to be set up by disappointment
And return won’t be huge

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
I don't think these guys are any worse than other shows like JiC, etc...speaking of which, JiC was praying for a rebuild, just hammering way for a better part of the year. On the show the other day he sounded like he was against it since teams like Buffalo, Oilers, Arizona, etc never won anything doing it...take a position moron.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I have interviewed Norman while with the Laser. Very approachable for sure. But has not ‘progressed’ as a hockey pundit.

Had him with the laser eh? I'd a pulled the trigger:nod:

upload_2022-2-17_8-57-57.jpeg

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
There's a glut of talentless hacks on 690. As much as we chide Norman Flynn the fact is you don't have b and c reporters like valji or ward making french media airwaves. That valji dude does live hits for tsn calgary and my buddy who's a cal fan has a valji stuttering drinking game lol not to mention ward went to court for domestic abuse

In times gone past,on air talent could enunciate and had voices made for radio,now there is more of these type on the airwaves.

upload_2022-2-17_9-7-40.jpeg
67346123.jpg

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad