TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They should have gotten rid of Knuckles years ago. I like him, and loved him as a player, but it was just bad radio.

I too liked him as a player and how he straightened up his life is remarkable but broadcasting just wasn’t his calling.

Please tell me we’re not stuck with Campbell’s Off the Crud in the afternoon.

Reactions: jaffy27

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Lmao, really feels like Tony and Normands relationship is deteriorating more and more with every segment lol
And here i thought tony likes talking to normand as he makes him appear way smarter.
We can add to the list. of suzuki for palmieri
Now it is caufielf for niko hischer hahahaha

Reactions: Redux91

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
bet you nilan did alternate research. maybe he wanted to use the trump method of pouring disinfectant down his throat.
maybe would have improved his segment though. Never discount such visionary tactics hahahah

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Honestly, if you don’t want to get vaccinated and that decision has no consequences on your livelihood and does not put those directly around you at risk then so be it, it’s your decision. I just can’t fathom the stubbornness of willing to lose your job for it. You’ve been gifted the job. It’s a position that you somehow fell ass backwards in to. A position that you’re not very good at. A position that many would jump through hoops to get. A position you didn’t study for to become qualified. A position that accommodates you and your lifestyle. And you’re willing to give it up because you won’t take a vaccine like the rest of your coworkers. It’s just crazy to me.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
I leave it up to the professionals, like his Doctor, who likely recommended he get the shot, as he refused to give him an exemption.

He made his choice and Bell made theirs, it is what it is. Time to move on, he show was not great radio to begin with.

Reactions: CaptainKirk

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Which now makes the McGuire-less, Ferraro-less Melnyk boomer hour possibly the worst show on 690. Still is the reason I stopped listening to post games

« Boomer hour »? WTF is that about? Ageism is such a low hanging fruit. Pretty sad that you had to go there. But hey, you do you.

Do you have any other prejudices you might want to share in the same banal, matter of fact way? Reggie Tremblay would love you. :laugh:

Reactions: dinodebino

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Jon Still stepping in was predictable.
I don’t think Simon is full time. There is no way they have Campbell go from basically running the Nilan show to playing second fiddle to Simon

Not a Simon fan but he’s a far lesser evil than Campbell. And Still over Alfieri any day.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
he makes too much scratch selling real estate.

call me first. hey free coffee :confused:

His ads are lame, I concur. But, these are the cards we’re given.

“Omar called me and I sold his duplex in Mirabull above asking.”

Guy can’t say “Mirabel”.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
« Boomer hour »? WTF is that about? Ageism is such a low hanging fruit. Pretty sad that you had to go there. But hey, you do you.

Do you have any other prejudices you might want to share in the same banal, matter of fact way? Reggie Tremblay would love you. :laugh:
Ya! Da fook was that about!

Reactions: Runner77

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario

The guy plays baby boomer music ad nauseum and never stops reminiscing over his youth. But yea, clearly making fun of a has been makes me the bad man

Reactions: WickedPegJets

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The guy plays baby boomer music ad nauseum and never stops reminiscing over his youth. But yea, clearly making fun of a has been makes me the bad man

No, he doesn’t play “baby boomer music”, just lame AF music. That’s not a function of age but questionable taste. There are a lot of radio/ music industry people within Melnick’s age group who know their shit and who are not stuck in the music of the era when they were teens. Your labeling is just gratuitous ageism.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We can't make fun of a guy who non stop talks about his "great" era? He's not exactly a kind hearted soul outside of the newsroom either....

The show died the days McGuire and Ferraro left.

That’s not what you made fun of — you made it about how people of a certain age are targets for ridicule by referring to the show as “boomer hour”:

Which now makes the McGuire-less, Ferraro-less Melnyk boomer hour possibly the worst show on 690. Still is the reason I stopped listening to post games

Make fun of Ferraro and McGuire if you wish but those guys know how to string together coherent thoughts and make cogent arguments even if they’re lowly “boomers.” :eyeroll:

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
That’s not what you made fun of — you made it about how people of a certain age are targets for ridicule by referring to the show as “boomer hour”:

Make fun of Ferraro and McGuire if you wish but those guys know how to string together coherent thoughts and make cogent arguments even if they’re lowly “boomers.” :eyeroll:

Completely missed my point anyways. I said the show DIED when McGuire and Ferraro left. I also think Still is everything bad about Mckenna mixed with a frat boy personality, so like I said, the show is now the worst on 690 imo.

Also the two guests I mentioned don't spend hours romanticizing their youth so I truly don't know what you're getting at. If someone on radio spent hours discussing ska music and how great the 90s were I'd probably make fun of that as well....

This kind of sensitive nonsense is why I don't post here anymore. If I wanted a sterilized forum I'd stick to facebook

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad