TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Anyone catch the end of Habs lunch?

Tony had to stop himself when asking Simon what he has lined up next.

“Simon what do you have lined up for off….what do you have lined up?”

Reactions: Redux91

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
A gripping sports story that Marinaro has been covering this morning — he has mice in his house.

He is going through a game plan where he tried to outsmarten the mice. Said he found one dead on his sofa.

He supplements his story by imitating how they sounded as they were running around at night and falling for the traps he had set and moved about.

He’s moved on from that to talking about all the restaurants he’s been to this week. Twenty minutes into his show and you get a takeaway of rodents and restaurant outings. I wonder how much mouse excrement he’s wearing and spreading wherever he visits.

I’ve had my sports fill. Thanks Tony.

Tony and Jerry. :)

Reactions: Runner77

Guiness time

Mar 14, 2007
I agree with everyone's comments. The only reason to tune in is for Melnick. I don't get why they never put someone like Nilan with Melnick. The best part of Melnick's segments is when he has his regular guests so why not put someone like Nilan with him to chip in the odd comment.

I would listen to 690 in the morning driving to work but had to stop tuning in as Mckenna and his co-hosts drove me insane. Thankfully I now work from home and NEVER get tempted to put the radio on in the morning. The hair on my head has started growing and I only get road rage after someone cuts me off!!!!!

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Serge Menard

Aug 19, 2021
Edmundston, New Brunswick
Hi! How are You? I remember a couple of months before TSN690 hired Chis Nilan, that Mich Melnick told His Co-Host after an Interview with Chris, that He is talking about Chris, He is Radio Stuff, He should be a Host at this station. When I heard that, I said what? I thought well maybe it is not going to happen, but just a few weeks after, He was hired, so Mitch Melnick has a lot of power at that station, He is a Bob McCown Junior, look what happened at Sportsnet 590 when Prime Time left the air. I love Chris Nilan the man who passed through a lot in His life and His recent Wife also, but I listened to Him a bit, but I feel bad saying this though, but I was falling asleep, I felt bad about that when I was doing this. That radio station is in shambles really, it is sad to hear that and to experience it, that station has gotten worst in the past few years, Mich Melnick, I think He is more interested to live His Woodstock years and the music is atrocious and The quality of His show has diminished, since the past few years, since He lost Ray Ferraro and Pierre McGuire, and sometimes He has Pierre Lebrun and such on also, now He does not have anyone like those now, Aaron Ward He is very good though, but the show lost its way. The station Manager is not very good and He or she is asleep and He or She is not very adequate to be a Station Manager, I agree with some here, to have an English Sports Radio Station in a French Province and City, it is not evident to find quality for on Air Personalities, the pool of prospect is not there, maybe there is some in other Provinces who are Montreal Sports Fan and Canadiens Fan and interested of coming to Montreal to do some Sports Radio, but even then it is limited, now the French has 91.9 Sports FM now, so to find a French Speaking do English radio just like Denis Casavant, are very rare. About Tony Marinaro, He tries very hard to make it interesting, but He lacks range, so that is why most of the time it is flat, but He is a very good man, and He cares about the Human Beings. A couple of weeks ago, during the pre game show of the Canadiens, the show host 45 minutes before the game They were talking about Football, who in an NFL pre game show, would talk about Hockey, They would be pummelled by the listeners. Most of the show Hosts are not very big Hockey Fan, They are for boring soccer and most of them are woke also and Feminists to have a Female GM of the Canadiens, can not be more woke and sjw that this. That is why the Society is against men and boys, when We hear and read Men saying and pushing to have a Female GM, Who has no experience, and They got where They are with Affirmative Action and because They are Women not because They are good. TSN690 are getting worst every day. It is very sad for those English Speaking and French also what wants to listen to that station. I listened this week to the Vancouver Sports station Sportsnet, and it is between night and day comparing those two stations and comparing to Toronto also. Calgary Sports Radio is not great also, but good. I think TSN690 is the worst sports Radio in North America. Take care and be safe and God Bless.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Hi! How are You? I remember a couple of months before TSN690 hired Chis Nilan, that Mich Melnick told His Co-Host after an Interview with Chris, that He is talking about Chris, He is Radio Stuff, He should be a Host at this station. When I heard that, I said what? I thought well maybe it is not going to happen, but just a few weeks after, He was hired, so Mitch Melnick has a lot of power at that station, He is a Bob McCown Junior, look what happened at Sportsnet 590 when Prime Time left the air. I love Chris Nilan the man who passed through a lot in His life and His recent Wife also, but I listened to Him a bit, but I feel bad saying this though, but I was falling asleep, I felt bad about that when I was doing this. That radio station is in shambles really, it is sad to hear that and to experience it, that station has gotten worst in the past few years, Mich Melnick, I think He is more interested to live His Woodstock years and the music is atrocious and The quality of His show has diminished, since the past few years, since He lost Ray Ferraro and Pierre McGuire, and sometimes He has Pierre Lebrun and such on also, now He does not have anyone like those now, Aaron Ward He is very good though, but the show lost its way. The station Manager is not very good and He or she is asleep and He or She is not very adequate to be a Station Manager, I agree with some here, to have an English Sports Radio Station in a French Province and City, it is not evident to find quality for on Air Personalities, the pool of prospect is not there, maybe there is some in other Provinces who are Montreal Sports Fan and Canadiens Fan and interested of coming to Montreal to do some Sports Radio, but even then it is limited, now the French has 91.9 Sports FM now, so to find a French Speaking do English radio just like Denis Casavant, are very rare. About Tony Marinaro, He tries very hard to make it interesting, but He lacks range, so that is why most of the time it is flat, but He is a very good man, and He cares about the Human Beings. A couple of weeks ago, during the pre game show of the Canadiens, the show host 45 minutes before the game They were talking about Football, who in an NFL pre game show, would talk about Hockey, They would be pummelled by the listeners. Most of the show Hosts are not very big Hockey Fan, They are for boring soccer and most of them are woke also and Feminists to have a Female GM of the Canadiens, can not be more woke and sjw that this. That is why the Society is against men and boys, when We hear and read Men saying and pushing to have a Female GM, Who has no experience, and They got where They are with Affirmative Action and because They are Women not because They are good. TSN690 are getting worst every day. It is very sad for those English Speaking and French also what wants to listen to that station. I listened this week to the Vancouver Sports station Sportsnet, and it is between night and day comparing those two stations and comparing to Toronto also. Calgary Sports Radio is not great also, but good. I think TSN690 is the worst sports Radio in North America. Take care and be safe and God Bless.

With all due respect, I strongly suggest paragraphs.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
With all due respect, I strongly suggest paragraphs.
What wrong with one run on sentence spanning 5,000 words?

upload_2022-2-4_14-30-34.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

640d22.jpg

:sarcasm:

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
you can always expect a run of cuts by bell immediately following their "Bell let's talk" day.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Some 40 more minutes before that bumbling, foam at the mouth, pompous, ignoramus sidekick sees himself out of 690’s afternoon show.

The guy could not formulate a coherent question without awkward pauses and hesitations, taking the most circuitous of roads to get to a point. And whenever he pontificated, it sounded as if he had food in his mouth, couldn’t enunciate if his life depended on it.

Unlike Melnick’s faux drama countdowns he’s been rattling all week about you, you’re only getting one send off here: GTFO, Joey.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just when Joey’s exit from the show couldn’t get more cringy, his dad calls in on Melnick’s private line.

Now we know where Joey’s bumbling, awkward pause style comes from.

Joey: Dad? Uh, ah, ah uh.
Dad: Joey? Uh, ah, ah, uh.

Dad adding how much of a dumbass Joey was when it came to math and science in high school. Well, “dad”, we got news for you. He’s a dumbass about other stuff too.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
seriously WTF are gonna do LOL.
Working from home, I keep 690 on in the background.
Mckenna is fine, Starr drives me nuts; Tony is fine albeit, extremely
insecure. At least Nilan brought in great guests. Now what?
And now that alfieri is leaving, I hope they bring in a competent
woman to balance out having to listen to Gallo.
If they give campbell, the 1-3 pm slot I will turn it off

Reactions: Runner77

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
Entering Canada have to show proof of vaccination + negative PCR test

Entering US….. no requirements, honor system

Nilan was in Mass for his fathers funeral and I assume never came back up because he wouldn’t be able to cross the border into Canada
That what I was thinking too; he was in the US and couldn't get back for the reason you say, and presumably Bell must not have been happy with the fact he was working remotely because he refused to get vaccinated.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Montreal Canadiens should not renew deals with TSN TV / TSN 690.

If that happened, a whole lot of these bumbling bores would get canned as it happened with all those other Bell stations last year that did not own NHL broadcast rights.

Last edited:
Reactions: angusyoung

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad