TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
TSN690 is a total joke. Honestly it's embarrassing that the most gloried franchise is being covered by those hacks. Montreal has had some great sports radio over the years, particularly when the Expos were around. It a real shame.

Reactions: Runner77

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Nilan announced he was fired from 690 for not being vaccinated. That's why he's been away.

Wow.. I was gonna ask in this thread a few days ago why Nilan hasn't been on the air of late and I guess this is why. Even though a few people didn't like listening to Nilan I didn't really mind him and I'll miss his stories of his playing days. Sucks to hear this. All the best Knuckles.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I wonder if Melnick or anyone else will bring up Nilan getting canned on air to let let their listeners know. I highly suspect not but if anyone will it'll likely be Melnick but not expecting to a hear a peep about this on air. At least the smucks at Bell could've called him to inform him of his contract termination instead of letting him know in a letter.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Knuckles was no radio host but he got a lot of great guests on there, not paid TSN employees but people who came on there because they respect him.

One more reason to tune out 690.

Edit: He was the best of anyone on there at taking callers and I will miss his honesty.

Last edited:

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I'm confused with Nilan's comment. He says he consulted with his doctor and due to his medical conditions, he didn't get the shot. But he was not granted a medical exemption.

Wouldn't his doctor grant it due to his medical condition?

Strange. Something's missing from that incomplete story. A lot of medical exemptions are BS and written up by a rogue physician.

I have heard Nilan praise Sylvain Lefebvre, Aaron Rodgers and Novak Djokovic for not getting vaccinated and sticking by their principles. I'm guessing the exemption Nilan was seeking was more ideological than medical.

I loved Knuckles the player. I found him ok on the air. You could tell former NHLers who appeared on his show all respected him.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Nilan should have been fired years ago. He was tweeting, retweeting and liking blatantly racist and dog whistle shit during the black lives matter movement.

And with that, we know that his medical exemption to the vaccine was ideological and not medical.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I'm confused with Nilan's comment. He says he consulted with his doctor and due to his medical conditions, he didn't get the shot. But he was not granted a medical exemption.

I assume he's full of shit about consulting a doctor.

In any case, good riddance. He was awful.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Regardless of one's thoughts on Nilan, it's pretty much the death knell of having any interesting guests/segments in the afternoon.

I mean seriously, I don't have anything against Campbell as a person, but we're literally one meatball away from having a zero personality radio station.

Reactions: Corson27

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Now we get 2 more hours of Campbell asking us the same question differently....what do you think the Habs lines should be? what do you think they should look like? who would you have on the 1st PP? If you could be the coach, who would you play together and why? What would you do with the lineup?

"I love the Packers and Gallo is my best friend who hates Tom Brady like nobody else."

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Now we get 2 more hours of Campbell asking us the same question differently....what do you think the Habs lines should be? what do you think they should look like? who would you have on the 1st PP? If you could be the coach, who would you play together and why? What would you do with the lineup?

"I love the Packers and Gallo is my best friend who hates Tom Brady like nobody else."

I too would hate Tom Brady like nobody else if mediocrity was my jam.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal

Is there anything worse than Campbell and Gallo on together??
I wanna spike my head into the ground 10 seconds after I hear them on at the same time

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is there anything worse than Campbell and Gallo on together??
I wanna spike my head into the ground 10 seconds after I hear them on at the same time

How is anyone in authority at the station not seeing this? It boggles the mind.

Reactions: angusyoung

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016

The other thing I wonder is how he gets across the border. Don't people have to show proof of vaccination?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Never been a fan of the radio donkey whisperer in Nilan, but his story and perhaps 690’s work practices, seems stupid… it’s radio and 2022. Could Nilan not just work from home? I have a much more difficult job than talking 2-3 hours a day with people and making hee haw sounds and I’m effective 100% remote.

Anyhow, if Bell is trying to drive 690 further into the ground, more Campbell and his “friends” will do the trick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad