TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
There are reports flying around out there that I'm considering liking your post. Credible sources are also saying I might not click like on your post. It's looking about 50-50, but there's a good chance something might -or might not- get done in the next few days here. We'll see.
lol.....good one

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
He’s the proverbially obnoxious postman who can’t give reliable directions when asked.
Wasn't it Flynn, who on the TSN690 morning show, gave Bozovin a 10/10 for their 2017 trade deadline acquisitions of Ott, Martinsen, Davidson and King? Good times.,,

Reactions: Runner77

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
He’s the proverbially obnoxious postman who can’t give reliable directions when asked.

Today he was calling out Gorton and Hughes for not making any trades and watching the Habs get humiliated every night (as if a trade is the answer). He said they should have kept Mellanby so they wouldn't have to learn about all their players (as if Mellanby is the only person in Hockey Ops who knows all about Habs players). He then went on about how well the Rangers were built and attributed it to Chris Drury staying there after Gorton left because he was familiar with who all the players were (as if Drury staying is the reason the Rangers are strong this year).

There was no mention that Gorton built that Rangers team and maybe he knows what he's doing. Next time I hear Flynn on TSN radio, I'm turning it off and listening to music.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
He’s like Cliff in Cheers.
andthe-cliff-clavin-award-rter-goes-to-ingflip-com-use-this-on-52683370.png

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Today he was calling out Gorton and Hughes for not making any trades and watching the Habs get humiliated every night (as if a trade is the answer). He said they should have kept Mellanby so they wouldn't have to learn about all their players (as if Mellanby is the only person in Hockey Ops who knows all about Habs players). He then went on about how well the Rangers were built and attributed it to Chris Drury staying there after Gorton left because he was familiar with who all the players were (as if Drury staying is the reason the Rangers are strong this year).

There was no mention that Gorton built that Rangers team and maybe he knows what he's doing. Next time I hear Flynn on TSN radio, I'm turning it off and listening to music.
That's ridiculous. Any trades would most likely be for picks and prospects. Why would this guy think ANY deal they could make would bring in anyone who's going to help this team?

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Do you remember when Flynn said that he’d trade Suzuki for Palmieri? Good times.

Edit: It was Caufield for Palmieri and Suzuki for Simmonds. I stand corrected.

Last edited:

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
A low IQ sidekick that spoke with mothballs in his mouth, actually managed to leave the show for a worse job.

Same idiot who blurted out a few weeks ago, “I don’t care what fans think” now has a job where he needs to get fans to think about an insignificant franchise from a crumbling, third rate league.

The guy who loves football managed to get a job in the highest league in the country and in his home town. Sounds like someone following his passion. You on the contrary just sound like a hater

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
As a music snob, Melnick really bothers me because he’s a music guy with mostly horrible tastes.

Yes, I understand the contradiction and subjectivity of what I’m saying. But f*** most of Melnick’s takes on music. :D

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The guy who loves football managed to get a job in the highest league in the country and in his home town. Sounds like someone following his passion. You on the contrary just sound like a hater

Are you a member of his family or something? I don’t need your permission to emit an opinion. Too bad your sensibilities were so easily offended.

What’s with the name-calling? What are you, 12?

Reactions: the

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As a music snob, Melnick really bothers me because he’s a music guy with mostly horrible tastes.

Yes, I understand the contradiction and subjectivity of what I’m saying. But f*** most of Melnick’s takes on music. :D

Melnick’s musical choices are abysmal. He runs an outfit with buddies (BillyBob Productions) that books musical acts that sound mostly like the putrid offerings he’s obsessed with.

Except for this one time when they booked Frank Marino of Mahogany Rush who made a return after 15-20 years of losing a promising career to drugs. I bought tickets for that and found out that Frank is a very strange guy but who could still play.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Melnick’s musical choices are abysmal. He runs an outfit with buddies (BillyBob Productions) that books musical acts that sound mostly like the putrid offerings he’s obsessed with.

Except for this one time when they booked Frank Marino of Mahogany Rush who made a return after 15-20 years of losing a promising career to drugs. I bought tickets for that and found out that Frank is a very strange guy but who could still play.

Lol - you made my day

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Are you a member of his family or something? I don’t need your permission to emit an opinion. Too bad your sensibilities were so easily offended.

What’s with the name-calling? What are you, 12?

I guess it is all good when you are name calling the team 690 cast but we shouldn't criticize you. I just have a problem when I see several post of just plain negativity.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I guess it is all good when you are name calling the team 690 cast but we shouldn't criticize you. I just have a problem when I see several post of just plain negativity.

I have a problem with someone who thinks they are above the rules. You can’t name-call another poster, that’s the rules that govern our posting in here. I did not make them up.

Your comment is completely disingenuous since the individuals we comment upon and which you are taking offence about (if I didn’t know better, you sound like a 690 employee or someone in Joey’s circle) are public figures and unlike you, they know that they will be scrutinized, sometimes challenged.

When those individuals perform poorly, are not competent, act in a manner that displays poor knowledge, a low IQ, then they expose themselves to being used for memes, to criticism, humorous takes, which includes getting called on their annoying idiosyncrasies and unfounded or poorly rendered takes.

Unlike you, Joey and other public figures know what they are up against when they choose to work on the public airwaves. That’s not just here, but all fan forums.

You can criticize what I say but not me personally, nor resort to name-calling. Capisci?

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o

There are certain members of the Montreal media who have an axe to grind against Gorton already. These are the same people that gave Bergevin a pass for 9 years of failure. I think we all know the reason why.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

It's not the first time Flynn calls out Gorton and Hughes. He said the same thing on his hit on Monday.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc

That guy is the host of a radio SPORTS show. Why is he always talking about music or having musicians on? Comedians too for that matter.

I am listening to hear about sports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad