TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
lmao never got why the guy get so much hate around here. Even a guys like Brunet most of the time brings something to the table.

It's simple why almost everyone doesn't like Flynn.

He wanted to trade Caufield for Kyle Palmieri 1-for-1.

He then wanted to trade Suzuki for Wayne Simmonds 1-for-1. And he claimed that Suzuki was just another Byron and that the Habs didn't need another Paul Byron.

Just those two takes made him lose any credibility he has.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Podcasting is the new radio IMO. They're far better than the mouth breathers Campbell and Gallo on TSN 690. There's a lot of great informative podcasts online that I'd much rather listen to.

I almost died today listening to Campbell interview Deventre Pot-Belly. He was asking him questions that were completely irrelevant to Pot-Belly's experience.

And then, I heard this other segment involving John Still asking a question to a soccer expert -- it was the longest preamble to a question that I have ever heard, not to mention the awkwardness of him using the word "still" repeatedly as he was enjoying listening to himself talk.

Just when you think these guys can't reach new depths.

Reactions: jaffy27

George Lebay

Feb 17, 2012
Laval
No offense but where the hell have you been for the last couple of years?

Oddly enough Keri used to post at the old Fanhome site on the Expos page. He was barely out of his teens but always posted well thought out takes and seemed like a regular guy from Cote St. Luc whenever I read or interacted with him online. It's too bad because he would have been a good source of information during this whole Ex-Rays fiasco. But the guy is a piece of cheese who clearly has anger management issues and he definitely deserves some prison time. But whatever happens, his career as an author, reporter and anything else in the public eye is over. His reputation can never be rehabilitated enough to get him back to where he was.

Even Dino Sisto was able to salvage a few shreds of his professional life after his fall from grace, but he never went to prison and as bad as he behaved he wasn't anywhere near as appalling as Keri.

I remember him posting on fanhome as jonesyjones or something like that. I have not been following his career over the last few years and I don't listen to TSN690 as I used to , that might explain why I never heard of it before. Anyway. As most of us I have no respect for those piece of **** so I guess he's just getting what he deserves. Thanks for the answer :)

Reactions: Runner77

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I remember him posting on fanhome as jonesyjones or something like that. I have not been following his career over the last few years and I don't listen to TSN690 as I used to , that might explain why I never heard of it before. Anyway. As most of us I have no respect for those piece of **** so I guess he's just getting what he deserves. Thanks for the answer :)
Actually and if I recall correctly, he used to post under his actual name. That's why when I first saw him on television I said to myself "Jonah Keri? Where have I heard that name before?"

I do also remember "Jonesy Jones" but I don't know that he was Keri. But at some point he started using his actual name for his handle. Mitch Melnick used to post on Fanhome but got hounded off the site by idiots who kept accusing him of not being the real Mitch Melnick.

Reactions: George Lebay

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
It’s not about Price speaking that he cares about but that he, Tony Marinaro and his ilk , get to interact with Price directly. He’s not liking that we’re getting our updates via his wife’s social media.
Well his wife is proving to be an anti-vaxxer idiot. Price needs to tell her to check herself because she's not doing him any favors with that crap.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I was a Fanhome regular and interacted with Keri all the time. He was a huge proponent of Sabrmetrics back then which led to a lot of animated discussions with those who sided with lawn chair scouts who made their assessments based on visual observations.

I have no idea about what he did now (I have some catching up to do) and regardless of what he stood for and whatever career he had in the baseball world, I have no sympathy whatsoever for anyone who is convicted of a crime.
Especially this sort of crime. I mean, he's a wife-beater, plain and simple. Beat her up while she was pregnant with his kid. Threatened to kill her, her family and himself. He's got a few screws loose.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Actually and if I recall correctly, he used to post under his actual name. That's why when I first saw him on television I said to myself "Jonah Keri? Where have I heard that name before?"

I do also remember "Jonesy Jones" but I don't know that he was Keri. But at some point he started using his actual name for his handle. Mitch Melnick used to post on Fanhome but got hounded off the site by idiots who kept accusing him of not being the real Mitch Melnick.

Not that it matters all that much but he posted under the handle joneseyjones the whole time he was on Fanhome but let it be known that he was Jonah Keri as he was publishing Sabrmetric inspired articles at the time.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well his wife is proving to be an anti-vaxxer idiot. Price needs to tell her to check herself because she's not doing him any favors with that crap.

I don’t pay attention to her personal choices, that’s on her. If she wants to spread that kind of stuff out there and it doesn’t impede Price’s ability to perform, it works for me. There are way too many attention seeking empty vessels spreading untruths online, I couldn’t be bothered to engage or be overly concerned with any of them. I figure they’ll meet their match on their own, plenty of keyboard warriors available to fight the good fight.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Especially this sort of crime. I mean, he's a wife-beater, plain and simple. Beat her up while she was pregnant with his kid. Threatened to kill her, her family and himself. He's got a few screws loose.

Is that what he did? I didn’t look into it yet cause the guy is not that important to me but if that’s what he did, then I care about how his actions hurt someone. Let the justice system mete out what he deserves. There is no place for that type of behavior.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
I almost died today listening to Campbell interview Deventre Pot-Belly. He was asking him questions that were completely irrelevant to Pot-Belly's experience.

And then, I heard this other segment involving John Still asking a question to a soccer expert -- it was the longest preamble to a question that I have ever heard, not to mention the awkwardness of him using the word "still" repeatedly as he was enjoying listening to himself talk.

Just when you think these guys can't reach new depths.
Montreal sports radio used to be great once with Ted Tevan, Dick Irvin and even Steve Shutt was fun to listen to. Now we got the likes of Campbell, Gallo and Tsalikis who are just painful to listen to. I just don't see what Melnick sees in Gallo I can't stand that guy.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Maybe Nilan is not coming back. Why would Mitch pack it in? you can do radio forever unless he got a better offer elsewhere. He claims he loves his job,unless that's typical malarkey from him.

Bell does its crazy stuff as soon as its LetsTalk event is done. 690 was one of its few stations not experiencing cuts last year.

Some executive must have finally taken time to listen to what they’ve been spewing for years.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Bell does its crazy stuff as soon as its LetsTalk event is done. 690 was one of its few stations not experiencing cuts last year.

Some executive must have finally taken time to listen to what they’ve been spewing for years.

Are you suggesting that Mitch might be getting bagged?

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Are you suggesting that Mitch might be getting bagged?

Not particularly but corporate bad news tend to be announced on late Friday afternoons from experience.

Could also take the form of a programming shakeup where some staff is let go and a nationally syndicated show takes their place.

Just guessing obviously.

Last edited:

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Not particularly but corporate bad news tend to be announced on late Friday afternoons from experience.

Could also take the form of a programming shakeup where some staff is let go and a nationally syndicated show takes their place.

Just guessing obviously.

I'll have to consult this thread upon the announcement at some point for what awaits.

I do hope that they keep local programming as at least it does deliver Montreal news as opposed to a syndicated shows that would most likely barely mention anything Montreal.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Melnick has been milking the coming of that announcement over the last half hour. Get to it, man.

Of course, he had to play one of his obscure country music ballads first.

He’s doing some kind of show recap for the time that Alfieri has been on Melnick’s show. He’s leaving the show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad