TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
The most annoying part of TSN690’s playback clips is the subject of the clip being found in the middle of the clip. The beginning of the clips is about other subjects I was not interested in.

This is the classic bait the listener in but then load them with lots of commercials or side stories.

Why is the sports segment after the weather forecast on major TV news broadcast?

Reactions: John Mandalorian

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
This morning they are talking about Brendan Gallagher potentially being traded and are debating whether this could happen. Does anyone really think that his contract can be moved? I think this is all talk and not because I wouldn’t want it to happen, but I cannot see anyone accepting his contact for what he produces.
It'll be tough for sure. Unless there's another bad contract coming our way, maybe shoter term. Price and Gallagher are the 2 biggest issues for this team going forward. Those contracts are utterly horrible for what they bring.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
It'll be tough for sure. Unless there's another bad contract coming our way, maybe shoter term. Price and Gallagher are the 2 biggest issues for this team going forward. Those contracts are utterly horrible for what they bring.

Im not a Gallagher hater, don’t love him either, but am still appreciative of what’s he brought to the Habs in his career.

However, this is a contract I’d add a 2nd round pick to just to dump. That’s it. It just needs to be moved at this point IMO, even if you have to pay to.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Im not a Gallagher hater, don’t love him either, but am still appreciative of what’s he brought to the Habs in his career.

However, this is a contract I’d add a 2nd round pick to just to dump. That’s it. It just needs to be moved at this point IMO, even if you have to pay to.
Agreed. The key word is "brought". I seriously hope they don't plan to keep him, but I don't see a gm wanting to pay him that contract unless the Habs sweeten it. Gallagher will be more of a salary dump than actually acquiring assets. He's declined massively, not that he was that talented to begin with. He's just too banged up and older now for his style of play.

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
Agreed. The key word is "brought". I seriously hope they don't plan to keep him, but I don't see a gm wanting to pay him that contract unless the Habs sweeten it. Gallagher will be more of a salary dump than actually acquiring assets. He's declined massively, not that he was that talented to begin with. He's just too banged up and older now for his style of play.

Dustin Brown, Ryan Callahan, Mike Richards... and on and on. All warriors and former captains but that style makes you hit a wall at 30.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006

I’ve joked before about being hopeful that Bergevin is selling Rob Blake about reuniting him with Danault.

Reactions: Runner77

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I'd buy a steak dinner for whoever texted "already a critic" to TSN 690 this morning after Tony called Bobrov's track record average. Tony was clearly rattled and wouldn't let it go for 20 minutes. He kept talking about how much texts like that bother him, how fair he is, how much knowledge he has, how he said Habs should hire MSL even before Ducharme got fired.

Tony must be the most insecure man in Montreal. The text sender sure got his money's worth!

EDIT: Hahaha! Now after the commercial break he's trying to convince everyone he didn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed and he's been in a great mood. It's pissing him off and he keeps trying to convince everyone he's happy.:laugh:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2022-2-21_21-13-57-png.509555

Reactions: jaffy27

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Add Jeff Petry’s 3.4 years at $6.25 M per season to that.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
I never realize how bad hab fans are until i listen to the team 690 and hear them talk about, well, basically anything hockey related.

they're mostly just sycophants. The people that call in mostly just wanna hear themselves talk and get chummy with whoever the host is. Have you ever noticed the types of calls Tony gets many of them put on their own act or blatantly try to mimic and act like Tony with the same type of speech pattern etc?

I do get a kick out of Peter from Cote St Luc though.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
what did normand flynn want to trade caufield for? and chirrelli as gm ?? hahahah
the stone ages live on

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
what did normand flynn want to trade caufield for? and chirrelli as gm ?? hahahah
the stone ages live on
Like last year or 2 years ago. He wanted to trade Caufield vs Kyle Palmieri. His argument was based on « actually, caufield is playing junior, we never know if he is gonna be a good player in the league. « In comparison to Palmieri, he already showed he was a true NHL player. This guy is really dumb.

Merci Saku

Sep 9, 2006
Longueuil, Québec
Like last year or 2 years ago. He wanted to trade Caufield vs Kyle Palmieri. His argument was based on « actually, caufield is playing junior, we never know if he is gonna be a good player in the league. « In comparison to Palmieri, he already showed he was a true NHL player. This guy is really dumb.
This guy has a platform on TSN 690 and RDS

pathétique comme on dit, hire people that knows hockey please, not old dinosaurs that used to coach

Reactions: tazsub3

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
I had a 81 year old father-in-law who had various illnesses, heart attacks and seizures yet my delusional wife was hoping he will get better.

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
they're mostly just sycophants. The people that call in mostly just wanna hear themselves talk and get chummy with whoever the host is. Have you ever noticed the types of calls Tony gets many of them put on their own act or blatantly try to mimic and act like Tony with the same type of speech pattern etc?

I do get a kick out of Peter from Cote St Luc though.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This new guy Luca Scott sounds like a robot

He was saying to Tony before that the Olympic Stadium is too far from his house (he lives in Lasalle) and that is why he wouldn't go to watch soccer when they would play there. Then he said that he would go to Stade Saputo to watch them often.

Here's the thing Mr. Luca Scott.... Stade Saputo is RIGHT NEXT to the Olympic Stadium. So if the Big O was too far, how was Saputo not far either?

Stade Saputo is 1000 times better than the Big O for soccer games. But you can't use the distance as an excuse when they're both next to each other.

However, while I agree he is a bit robotic, I'll give him a pass as he just started (I believe yesterday was his first day on the air). But what I do like about him is that he actually has bass in his voice. He has more of a radio voice than the Gallos, Alfieris, and Campbells, who are not the easiest voices to listen to.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
He was saying to Tony before that the Olympic Stadium is too far from his house (he lives in Lasalle) and that is why he wouldn't go to watch soccer when they would play there. Then he said that he would go to Stade Saputo to watch them often.

Here's the thing Mr. Luca Scott.... Stade Saputo is RIGHT NEXT to the Olympic Stadium. So if the Big O was too far, how was Saputo not far either?

Stade Saputo is 1000 times better than the Big O for soccer games. But you can't use the distance as an excuse when they're both next to each other.

However, while I agree he is a bit robotic, I'll give him a pass as he just started (I believe yesterday was his first day on the air). But what I do like about him is that he actually has bass in his voice. He has more of a radio voice than the Gallos, Alfieris, and Campbells, who are not the easiest voices to listen to.

One of them has an italian name maybe?

I also don’t understand why guys who literally live off sports ever bother mentioning that they’re too lazy to go to sports games.

It’s like a litigator saying they’re too lazy to read case law or an accountant saying they don’t read financial statements.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Tony always takes his call, I wonder why.....

Tony enjoys the power advantage over individuals who have a lower IQ than he does. He’ll occasionally find one and when he does, he latches on for dear life.

Reactions: HabsHammer

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Shaun Starr had the audacity to ask YouTube viewers if Marc Bergevin had ruined the Canadiens!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad