TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Did anyone catch yesterday morning when they were talking about the tennis player throwing a fit and Mickelson comments regarding the Saudi league. The person they had on was going on like these people should be banned from society. The tennis player didn't receive punitive enough fine and suspension...calling for like 6 months or more...basically saying Mickelson career should be over. I wish I could remember who the guest was, I had to turn it off so sick and tired of the over the top cancel culture. Anyways....

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
Did anyone catch yesterday morning when they were talking about the tennis player throwing a fit and Mickelson comments regarding the Saudi league. The person they had on was going on like these people should be banned from society. The tennis player didn't receive punitive enough fine and suspension...calling for like 6 months or more...basically saying Mickelson career should be over. I wish I could remember who the guest was, I had to turn it off so sick and tired of the over the top cancel culture. Anyways....

For context:
"Mickelson called the folks funding the Super Golf League, "scary motherf---ers to get involved with,". He added: "We know they killed [Washington Post reporter and U.S. resident Jamal] Khashoggi and have a horrible record on human rights. They execute people over there for being gay. Knowing all of this, why would I even consider it? Because this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reshape how the PGA Tour operates." ... Phil Mickelson 'deeply sorry' for 'reckless' words about Saudi league, claims comments were off the record.

I agree, an apology should be enough (and he has), move on. BTW, they were talking with Ray Lalonde

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
For context:
"Mickelson called the folks funding the Super Golf League, "scary motherf---ers to get involved with,". He added: "We know they killed [Washington Post reporter and U.S. resident Jamal] Khashoggi and have a horrible record on human rights. They execute people over there for being gay. Knowing all of this, why would I even consider it? Because this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reshape how the PGA Tour operates." ... Phil Mickelson 'deeply sorry' for 'reckless' words about Saudi league, claims comments were off the record.

I agree, an apology should be enough (and he has), move on. BTW, they were talking with Ray Lalonde
Thanks, yeah I had heard the gist of his comments. Time to move on agreed.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Anyone else find it funny and honestly sad that the « the official home of CF Montreal » TSN 690 only has one, yes only one person who works on the air that can actually have a conversation about the team. They were just talking about them at the end of Habs lunch and when it was Gallo’s turn it was like someone asked him to speak in Swahili

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
On TSN today, the regulars would like the Habs to tank for Connor Bedard next season to while Normand Flynn thought otherwise.

Say the Marty Effect is sustainable and he agrees to be a full time head coach, how could he then say to his troops “Hey Dominique Ducharme’s system might work.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
game 50-something in a lost season vs advancing to the Quarter finals of the Champions League.
Absolutely no issue with starting his show with soccer talk. I’m a fan of both

The Habs’ losing record or it being game 50 or 60, doesn’t matter one iota. There are plenty of Habs changes, news and projections coming from management, trade speculation, roster building strategies and an impending trade deadline.

In the particular instance I mentioned, the Habs had just played the night before and that usually gets first coverage on the next day’s morning shows. No one said it had to be the only coverage.

Good on you for liking soccer, I have no issue. Some people like cricket or darts, there is room for all tastes. To each their own.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Anyone else find it funny and honestly sad that the « the official home of CF Montreal » TSN 690 only has one, yes only one person who works on the air that can actually have a conversation about the team. They were just talking about them at the end of Habs lunch and when it was Gallo’s turn it was like someone asked him to speak in Swahili

Gallo is an idiot. They best get to know soccer a bit more because it's only growing and will continue to.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
The Habs’ losing record or it being game 50 or 60, doesn’t matter one iota. There are plenty of Habs changes, news and projections coming from management, trade speculation, roster building strategies and an impending trade deadline.

In the particular instance I mentioned, the Habs had just played the night before and that usually gets first coverage on the next day’s morning shows. No one said it had to be the only coverage.

Good on you for liking soccer, I have no issue. Some people like cricket or darts, there is room for all tastes. To each their own.
you were bang on. It's become SC690

the sean campbell network. dude is on all f***ing day and then calling rocket games. it's embarrassing

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
you were bang on. It's become SC690

the sean campbell network. dude is on all f***ing day and then calling rocket games. it's embarrassing

Management at the station is rudderless. There appear to be no professional standards for their on air staff — they all act as if they have jobs for life. Disgusting!

They want to keep Campbell? Then force him to choose between calling games and only appearing on one show.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Management at the station is rudderless. There appear to be no professional standards for their on air staff — they all act as if they have jobs for life. Disgusting!

They want to keep Campbell? Then force him to choose between calling games and only appearing on one show.
agreed. it's insane how much it's amateur hour there.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
The conversation yesterday between Tony and Flynn about tanking vs trying to be competitive next year was pure gold. I could feel Tony wanted to punch Flynn through the radio. So entertaining.

Reactions: Redux91

RealityHurts

Feb 24, 2020
The conversation yesterday between Tony and Flynn about tanking vs trying to be competitive next year was pure gold. I could feel Tony wanted to punch Flynn through the radio. So entertaining.
It's with mindsets like Flynn's that we keep being middle-of-the-pack teams, lol.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Magic moment with these two. Say what you want about Flynn but he is entertaining. Definitely a guy i can have a beer with lol.

" Fini avec ma fille. Tu dors là! "

Last edited:

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Sorry for my continually annoying posts in this thread as I’ve only been listening regularly the last few weeks (and that’s because of my Habs addiction), but, is Mitch Gallo the least charismatic voice on radio coupled with the least charismatic takes?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sorry for my continually annoying posts in this thread as I’ve only been listening regularly the last few weeks (and that’s because of my Habs addiction), but, is Mitch Gallo the least charismatic voice on radio coupled with the least charismatic takes?

I’d say it’s a close race between Gallo and Sean Campbell in terms of lethal annoyance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad