TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JohnTheBaptist

We are brothers/sisters and of the Divine Source
Nov 13, 2022
Surely there's somewhere better to do weird political rants? Maybe twitter?
Ya that's the point, Melnick with his weird political rants, it's annoying. Yes he should go rant on Twitter where free speech is welcomed. Personally I tune into 690 to hear about sports, but Melnick has different ideas for 690.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
690 will pay in ratings at some point
They’ll go from their current zero ratings to negative territory, which involves having sample listeners wearing monitors that detect when they fling their radios against a wall or flee with urgency from their garbage in order to salvage their sanity.

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
It all started going downhill when they tried to force the vaccine on Nylan and he told them to kiss his ass. Then FaTony left and that was the end.
It start to go south well before Nilan and Marinaro high-tailed it. Maybe as far back as when Price was le go only to be replaced with Connor "let's run south of the border for chick-fil-A" McKenna.

The Habs Lunch wasn't the best radio when Nilan, and Tony hosted it, and was a little better than on Fridays despite the presence of Gallo, but it was still infinitely better than what it is now with Campbell and Gallo hosting it.

If I were to breakdown an hour of Melnick's show, to me, it would be something like this -
1. top of the hour news update (3 minutes),
2. intro music segment to start the show (5 - 10 minutes),
3. useless banter not pertinent to sports and relatable only for the show's hosts (7 -10 minutes),
4. teaser about relevant sports content immediately followed be a commercial break (5 - 7 minutes);
5. music after commercial break (1- 2 minutes),
6. more useless banter despite pre-commercial teaser about sports content (5 minutes),
7. question of the day explanation (5 minutes),
8. commercial break (5 - 7 minutes),
9. SPORTS CONTENT (10 - 20 minutes, finally, yay!!),
10. commercial break before top of the hour news update.

JohnTheBaptist

Nov 13, 2022
Eric Macramella is such a cuck. "Donald Trump loser of the week" segment lol. Eric is a real looney toon. Being a devisive non tolerant cuck is a requirement to work at TSN 690. They're all cucks, very low testosterone in that building.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Eric Macramella is such a cuck. "Donald Trump loser of the week" segment lol. Eric is a real looney toon. Being a devisive non tolerant cuck is a requirement to work at TSN 690. They're all cucks, very low testosterone in that building.

feel like you write your posts using chat gpt or something lol

just buzz word after buzz word

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
I don't care about your feelings. I care about the destruction of what was once a prime sports radio station, our only station at that.
Of all the issues that have contributed to TSN690's decline - lack of talent, lack of content, the same exceedingly boring individuals tapped to host several shows through the day, juvenile conversations ad nauseum among said hosts - Macramella's comment on Trump is, by comparison, insignificant. He has his opinion, as clearly you do yours; but his seems to have triggered you in an unhealthy way - maybe step away from the politics for a while, you'll feel better.

JohnTheBaptist

Nov 13, 2022
Of all the issues that have contributed to TSN690's decline - lack of talent, lack of content, the same exceedingly boring individuals tapped to host several shows through the day, juvenile conversations ad nauseum among said hosts - Macramella's comment on Trump is, by comparison, insignificant. He has his opinion, as clearly you do yours; but his seems to have triggered you in an unhealthy way - maybe step away from the politics for a while, you'll feel better.
What does politics have to do with sports? That's my whole point here, everyone on TSN 690 are biased little political bitches. Melnick is a bitch, Gallo and Cambell are little bitches, Macramella is a little whiny bitch, all of them are weak minded cucks and we know why and which party they vote for because they keep shoving their garbage in our faces. My point is that we shouldn't know what party they vote for because sports talk should be neutral and about sports. I love them as my fellow humans and i hope they get their heads on straight one day, but i don't have to like them or how they have destroyed a great sporst radio station. You should take your own advice and not let yourself be triggered by my posts.

Reactions: ChickenDinner

Garry Valk

Feb 27, 2002
thedrivefortwentyfive.blogspot.com
What does politics have to do with sports? That's my whole point here, everyone on TSN 690 are biased little political bitches. Melnick is a bitch, Gallo and Cambell are little bitches, Macramella is a little whiny bitch, all of them are weak minded cucks and we know why and which party they vote for because they keep shoving their garbage in our faces. My point is that we shouldn't know what party they vote for because sports talk should be neutral and about sports. I love them as my fellow humans and i hope they get their heads on straight one day, but i don't have to like them or how they have destroyed a great sporst radio station. You should take your own advice and not let yourself be triggered by my posts.
I think by using the word cuck to denigrate others, this post says a lot more about you than it does of those you speak.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario

McKenna and Macramella have the same illness. Both are ideologues incapable of understanding or emphasizing with anything other than their own ideals and opinions. They often force their political views on the audience and honestly it's a big reason why I tuned out of their segments. Furthermore, we have our own problems in Canada (which both of these hacks ironically consistently ignore) and a sports show with the dialectic prowess of your average 1st year bachelor student isn't the platform to delve into these topics

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
McKenna and Macramella have the same illness. Both are ideologues incapable of understanding or emphasizing with anything other than their own ideals and opinions. They often force their political views on the audience and honestly it's a big reason why I tuned out of their segments. Furthermore, we have our own problems in Canada (which both of these hacks ironically consistently ignore) and a sports show with the dialectic prowess of your average 1st year bachelor student isn't the platform to delve into these topics
But here's the thing though: they're voicing their opinion - nobody is forcing you to agree or disagree with it. Secondly (and admittedly, I don't listen to their shows much, so I may be wrong here), I don't think they've ever dedicated a show entirely or in part, or aligned content of a show, with their ideology.

You could argue that a sports show is not the venue to express political opinions, and I may be inclined to agree with you, but they are the hosts and are free to express themselves (you know, freedom of speech, and all); and you, as a listener, have choices; turn off that segment of the show, or don't tune in altogether (like me, although for different reasons). To be triggered by an opinion you disagree with when there are some many other factual facets of life worthy of indignation is, well, just messed up. And that's my opinion :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Garry Valk

JohnTheBaptist

Nov 13, 2022
I think by using the word cuck to denigrate others, this post says a lot more about you than it does of those you speak.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings, it's just how I view these weak men on TSN 690. Sticks and stones bro.

JohnTheBaptist

Nov 13, 2022
We know what kind of "men" defend these people, the same ones who love to pander to authority no matter what. The station has been destroyed but these people couldn't be happier because they agree with the talking points. Sad state of affairs, Montreal sports radio is dead.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

JohnTheBaptist

Nov 13, 2022
What are the odds this is Tony Marinaro?
Are you just here to antagonize me? It's not working. Do you have anything to contribute? We're talking about how TSN 690 has gone to complete shit. You didn't find Tony entertaining? Are you more of a Gallo guy or?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’ve had to listen to BPM to escape some truly abhorrent broadcasters on 690.

But BPM isn’t without its deadwood. Ever listen to … Gabriel Grégoire? Who let that lumberjack back on air? BPM, that’s who.

Reggie the Ethnophobe? Yvon the Peddler of stale nuggets?

This morning’s special guest? Danny the sleep inducer Maciocia.

Montreal sports radio is a minefield to navigate. Some of these cockroaches somehow always find their way to a mic.

Last edited:

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I’ve had to listen to BPM to escape some truly abhorrent broadcasters on 690.

But BPM isn’t without its deadwood. Ever listen to … Gabriel Grégoire? Who let that lumberjack back on air? BPM, that’s who.

Reggie the Ethnophobe? Yvon the Peddler of stale nuggets.

This morning’s guest? Danny the sleep inducer Maciocia.

Montreal sports radio is a minefield to navigate. Some of these cockroaches somehow always find their way to a mic.

wish I spoke french, I sure would

Reactions: Runner77

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Are you just here to antagonize me? It's not working. Do you have anything to contribute? We're talking about how TSN 690 has gone to complete shit. You didn't find Tony entertaining? Are you more of a Gallo guy or?
Tony sucks.
Tsn 690 sucks.

You get better and more poignant discussion about the Habs from the tram 1200.

Also, don't listen to TSN 690 with headphones you just hear people breathing all the god damn time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad