TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Whatever happened to the restraint they used to exercise during « family » timeslots? Conventional commercial radio has long been dying and them featuring these types of ads is just an indication that they don’t have much better to choose from.

Plus, there’s a whole lot of creepy banter that is usually initiated by Melnick, so there’s no getting around it. They’ve never heard of TMI on that show.

I should look into XM radio. Local offerings are just not cutting it.
If you sign up for Sirius XM you will have it for life because there is no way to cancel your subscription. You have to call to cancel it and they will just hang up on you. If you persist for 2 or 3 days you might get rid of it.

JohnTheBaptist

We are brothers/sisters and of the Divine Source
Nov 13, 2022
Whatever happened to the restraint they used to exercise during « family » timeslots? Conventional commercial radio has long been dying and them featuring these types of ads is just an indication that they don’t have much better to choose from.

Plus, there’s a whole lot of creepy banter that is usually initiated by Melnick, so there’s no getting around it. They’ve never heard of TMI on that show.

I should look into XM radio. Local offerings are just not cutting it.
Melnick is a half lunatic virtue signaler, that's the issue. "I support the current thing". The guy has little decency, always throwing in his views and opinions and insulting his listeners with his political backings. The "You've been cencered" segment has been an embarrassment for years, I always turn it off it's unbearable to listen to. I can't do Melnick anymore, I rather listen to Chom 97.7 then a whiny old hand bag.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Slaf was on the Chris Nilan podcast recently. If anyone watched it, was there anything interesting said?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If you sign up for Sirius XM you will have it for life because there is no way to cancel your subscription. You have to call to cancel it and they will just hang up on you. If you persist for 2 or 3 days you might get rid of it.
Thanks for that, I had no idea. I’ll go for podcasts instead.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Thanks for that, I had no idea. I’ll go for podcasts instead.
It came free for 2 months with the new car we purchased last year. We were considering renewing the subscription but happened to see reviews online about how difficult it is to cancel a subscription. See reviews below.

Reactions: Runner77

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Came across this online, didn't know where to put it so stuck it in here.

Canadiens sold most tickets in league last year. With 864,000. In 41 home games. Next closest was Carolina at 800,000.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Came across this online, didn't know where to put it so stuck it in here.

Canadiens sold most tickets in league last year. With 864,000. In 41 home games. Next closest was Carolina at 800,000.

Habs have the highest capacity in the league since the bell center opened aside from the united center in Chicago (where I think they may have taken some seats out in the last few years).

I'd imagine the Habs have been top of the list going back many many years now.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Habs have the highest capacity in the league since the bell center opened aside from the united center in Chicago (where I think they may have taken some seats out in the last few years).

Revenue Canadiens generate must be crazy high compared to other teams. Considering Habs local tv and radio contracts.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Marner basically epitomizes exactly what is right and wrong with this Toronto maple leaf core over the last several years.

My God, those were awful turnovers in his own zone.

The Toronto media has him and Matthews thinking they are Selke level players and they continue to make miscues everywhere on the ice when it matters in the play-offs.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004

From that link, looks like the Hawks were the leaders for years. (da...da-da-da...). For some mysterious reason their tickets became popular again around 820pm ish last night.

I miss the old Chicago Stadium and that vintage organ.

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Hi, have not ben for I’d say a decade, but most clubs have beautiful women… You could probably read reviews somewhere and make it an evening to walk from one to the next :) We used to go as couples every blue moon, I just remember Chez Pare made me feel more like I was at the sugar shack than a red light district after visiting a few… Not an expert here, it’s just been associated with Montreal forever in the folklore and it’s not really upscale or cool lol
Good to know,thanks! Really not our scene either ,just curious. We had a few days pre and post cruise in the same city and did indulge a bit in the local tourist type respectable haunts, and with our group it was fun.can't see Montreal topping it but we'll see.lol.

Reactions: Naslundforever

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Listening to Melnick this afternoon, I really wasn’t interested in how sidekick John Still is sharing an apartment with one of 690´s producers, Dean Bertoia.

To make matters cringier, Melnick felt obligated to delve into their living arrangements, who gets to control the remote, what happens with the couch and their TV. And then, they put Bertoia on air as if this were some kind of segment that listeners are really interested in. The guy is boring AF.

Melnick also mentioned how he used to live with Elliot Price who never washed the dishes. Melnick always ended up washing them. He said that it got so bad that there was fungus growing on the dishes at times.

Really, 690? :laugh:

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is good news if you like listening to Anthony Marcotte. Now, give a slot to Anthony Martineau as well, even as a duo, and it would be even better.

• Love
Reactions: Johny

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Listening to Melnick this afternoon, I really wasn’t interested in how sidekick John Still is sharing an apartment with one of 690´s producers, Dean Bertoia.

To make matters cringier, Melnick felt obligated to delve into their living arrangements, who gets to control the remote, what happens with the couch and their TV. And then, they put Bertoia on air as if this were some kind of segment that listeners are really interested in. The guy is boring AF.

Melnick also mentioned how he used to live with Elliot Price who never washed the dishes. Melnick always ended up washing them. He said that it got so bad that there was fungus growing on the dishes at times.

Really, 690? :laugh:
Melnick somehow is in the good books with 690... he does not have a sports show

Reactions: JohnTheBaptist

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Melnick somehow is in the good books with 690... he does not have a sports show
It’s a gossip show, that features Dylan music, comedy acts, cringe TMI from the hosts and the only solid sports content happens when they have guests on.

Reactions: JohnTheBaptist

JohnTheBaptist

Nov 13, 2022
It all started going downhill when they tried to force the vaccine on Nylan and he told them to kiss his ass. Then FaTony left and that was the end.

JohnTheBaptist

Nov 13, 2022
Melnick and guest bitching about Twitter like a couple snow flakes, soo mad that free speech is back on the menu. Classic. "People are so mean" "my p***y hurts"

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad