TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
If you’re on Twitter, has this happened to you yet?

machine-gun-sylvester-stallone.gif

He blocked me a couple of years ago for criticizing Bergy. Same with Jack Todd, then 2 weeks later he wrote an article criticizing Bergy. You can't make this shit up. LOL

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
According to Réjean Tremblay, Dave Morissette is out at TVA Sports.
If he’s out, he won’t be missed as much as I don’t like anyone to lose their jobs.

My favorite segment on his show was when he used to have Mike Bossy review the best goals scored and when Bossy liked the replay of one of the highlited goals, his signature line was « et c’est pour ça Dave, que c’est certifié Mike Bossy! ».

It was even funnier when Bossy’s voice tired out, like in this segment:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If he’s out, he won’t be missed as much as I don’t like anyone to lose their jobs.

My favorite segment on his show was when he used to have Mike Bossy review the best goals scored and when Bossy liked the replay of one of the highlited goals, his signature line was « et c’est pour ça Dave, que c’est certifié Mike Bossy! ».

I miss Bossy. He was great on TVA Sports.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Terry Haig seems like a nice guy and seems to have had an interesting life but is there no one else that Melnick can find to talk sports when Jon or Andie is away? He has trouble getting through a simple update.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

Morissette is terrible imo

Me too. Maybe we’re old.
I like Terry too; met him a few times over the years. I like how he takes the piss out of Melnick. Can't believe he's 80.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Me too. Maybe we’re old.
The guy is 80 years old, he’s a grumpy New Yorker who made his home in Montreal and is a longtime 690 pundit/ passionate fan. He still has that feistiness in him. It’s fun to listen for nostalgia reasons but since he’s just a replacement, he won’t be on all that often.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
The guy is 80 years old, he’s a grumpy New Yorker who made his home in Montreal and is a longtime 690 pundit/ passionate fan. He still has that feistiness in him. It’s fun to listen for nostalgia reasons but since he’s just a replacement, he won’t be on all that often.
Oh yeah, I’ll well aware. He’s funnier than the professional comedian they have guest on there from time to time. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Oh yeah, I’ll well aware. He’s funnier than the professional comedian they have guest on there from time to time. ;)
Haig was very active online when fan forums were in their infancy. I ended up interacting with him a lot and we built a rapport.

We got along so well that he invited me to attend a ballgame. So off I went, met up at the Big O one afternoon to take in an Expos game. After exchanging pleasantries, we settled into our seats.

And then he spent the whole afternoon commenting loudly on at bats.

Any player that remotely got wood on the ball, would be greeted by Haig’s very assertive “good chuck!”, in a voice that carried. He reminded me of these old time guys at ballparks who were unable to modulate their voice. Haig only had one voice level.

I swear, I must have heard “good chuck” over a hundred times. So much so, that many years later, it’s all I remember from our afternoon together. Turns out he was way more interesting on the air than in person but there’s no denying that he came across as a good guy.

And that’s the tale of my encounter with a minor celebrity. Good chuck!

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Nilan's latest Raw Knuckles podcast from today with Brian Skrudland as his guest for anyone here interested in having a listen.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Nilan's latest Raw Knuckles podcast from today with Brian Skrudland as his guest for anyone here interested in having a listen.

My first memories of the league have nilan in a Boston uniform, but he's brought in alot of those habs players from my first memories as a kid, which has been really cool to listen to.

Nilan is a guest magnet. Even guys like Jacques lemaire who never do these things went on for a rally long time with knuckles.

I think it would be really cool to get a guy like richer on eventually, and maybe have a discussion about how he was battling his mental demons.

Naslund would be great too as a smaller European guy playing in the barbaric 80s

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
My first memories of the league have nilan in a Boston uniform, but he's brought in alot of those habs players from my first memories as a kid, which has been really cool to listen to.

Nilan is a guest magnet. Even guys like Jacques lemaire who never do these things went on for a rally long time with knuckles.

I think it would be really cool to get a guy like richer on eventually, and maybe have a discussion about how he was battling his mental demons.

Naslund would be great too as a smaller European guy playing in the barbaric 80s
I've only listened to small bits and pieces of this interview yet but the little I did listen to was quite funny so the rest should be a very good listen I think.

Nilan though really didn't see to like Perron much as coach since some of them called him pudding head. :) Skrudland said nah he wasn't too bad since he put him on the ice to start OT vs the Flames in the finals and he scored 9 seconds in which Skrudland's wife said wasn't surprising since they had their 3 kids in 27 seconds or something like that. :laugh:

The Bobby Orr story is pretty cool as well about when Skrudland met him in the airport after being sent down as a 18 year old and went to introduce himself and then meeting Orr again a few years later and Orr recalling having met Skrudland that one time in the airport which really surprised Skrudland.

These older guys though are the Habs I grew up with since my early Habs memories start in the very late 70's and very early 80's so that makes listening to Knuckles reminisce with some of his former Habs teammates make these interviews so great. Yes a Richer and Naslund interview would be great if it happened in the future.

Last edited:

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Melnick is a pandering cuck, he's not a real man. Men have honor and a calling from God. Men don't let the weakest of pandering ideas enter their minds.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
"She's got game" has become a joke, they refuse to acknowledge how letting transsexual biological men into woman's sports is ruining the sport for biological women. Pandering to insanity is wrong on the deepest of levels.

Make a transsexual league! Protect biological women!

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I've only listened to small bits and pieces of this interview yet but the little I did listen to was quite funny so the rest should be a very good listen I think.

Nilan though really didn't see to like Perron much as coach since some of them called him pudding head. :) Skrudland said nah he wasn't too bad since he put him on the ice to start OT vs the Flames in the finals and he scored 9 seconds in which Skrudland's wife said wasn't surprising since they had their 3 kids in 27 seconds or something like that. :laugh:

The Bobby Orr story is pretty cool as well about when Skrudland met him in the airport after being sent down as a 18 year old and went to introduce himself and then meeting Orr again a few years later and Orr recalling having met Skrudland that one time in the airport which really surprised Skrudland.

These older guys though are the Habs I grew up with since my early Habs memories start in the very late 70's and very early 80's so that makes listening to Knuckles reminisce with some of his former Habs teammates make these interviews so great. Yes a Richer and Naslund interview would be great if it happened in the future.

I finally was able to listen to the full interview, and I just have to say that skrudland is a freakin treasure.

I was laughing so many times at his stories. The mike Keane/Ken hitchcock one had me in stitches especially. The eddie palchuk story was also hysterical.

Do yourself a favor and listen to the whole thing.

Also, after listening to this, it dawned on me that Mike Keane would also be an amazing guest. I've known that he's a character, but after skrudland's stories, I really want to see him on.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
"She's got game" has become a joke, they refuse to acknowledge how letting transsexual biological men into woman's sports is ruining the sport for biological women. Pandering to insanity is wrong on the deepest of levels.

Regardless or whether or not the point you're making has any substance, preaching at people in posts that have nothing to do with this topic will only serve to annoy the people in the middle you might want to convince and make you look like a... I believe the technical term is "whackjob."

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022

This isn’t the place for your personal blog. You’re a good commentator, stick to the topic. Many of us don’t care to read about this stuff in this context. There is a time and place for everything.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Is this in reference to something said on 690?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad