Trouba proves he’s the biggest joke in the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
This thread its title and some of the people posting in here quite frankly disgusts me. Just because you dislike the player, justified or unjustified, does not make it ok to use him talking about a serious issue such as mental health and suicide as something unserious or a copout. As a Ranger fan Im not exactly happy with his play or even responding to these idiots but that doesn’t take away from the person he is and what he does off the Ice. To the morons saying he’s saying this cause of his play, get a grip, at the end Pasha made it about his wife and his work outside of hockey which is clearly his issue. A lot of you people need to go touch grass and shame on the mods for allowing this thread to become what it has.

He’s playing victim and even using a recent suicide as some type of “gotcha” tool. If anything, he is completely minimizing the weight and complexity of mental health and suicide.

It’s embarrassing

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Nah posting that if he’s not depressed is f***ing crazy to me. You don’t do that, sets a horrible precedent and very slippery slope if we accept that
You have to be suffering from mental health to point out that the media has contributed to declining mental health of athletes? Especially now when every moron has a platform.

If a professional media personality said "I really think the Rangers should move on from Trouba because he's ineffective" or "I'd really like to see some accountability for his hits," it wouldn't even raise a murmur.

Pasha is an internet troll that shouldn't have a platform. The schoolyard bullies are making money to continue bullying people into their 30's and 40's.

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
I said if a video from a podcast criticizing you makes you want to commit suicide then you're probably not mentally strong enough to handle being a pro athlete. The video wasn't some super out of line content. The guy (whoever the hell he is) was making fair criticisms against Trouba, things that are said on HF Boards, on the Rangers boards as well, FREQUENTLY.

Player's aren't above criticism within reason. I don't think the SC video was unreasonable.
You are completely misunderstanding the point. He definitely should have phrased it better but its pretty crystal clear he is not saying he is suicidal because of criticsm of his on-ice play by some no name producer of a podcast…

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
What do you want trouba to do challenge pasha to a fight? Lol.
No, I want Trouba to do what is best for him and if someone talking about him and wife on a podcast is giving him suicidal thoughts, as he is implying, then he should seek immediate mental health assistance because he’s clearly in a bad place.

If he had had pulled a Will Smith “keep my wife’s name outta your mouth” it would be different.

Implying that you might kill yourself on the internet is a pretty big deal and either a cry for help that needs to be immediately addressed or a despicable way to shield yourself from people talking about you.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
You have to be suffering from mental health to point out that the media has contributed to declining mental health of athletes? Especially now when every moron has a platform.

If a professional media personality said "I really think the Rangers should move on from Trouba because he's ineffective" or "I'd really like to see some accountability for his hits," it wouldn't even raise a murmur.

Pasha is an internet troll that shouldn't have a platform. The schoolyard bullies are making money to continue bullying people into their 30's and 40's.
He is outwardly implying that Murray killed himself due to media/social media criticism when there's absolutely nothing pointing towards that being the case, you don't see a problem with that? If he's not going through it, he's using other people's very real experience as a line of defence

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
This thread its title and some of the people posting in here quite frankly disgusts me. Just because you dislike the player, justified or unjustified, does not make it ok to use him talking about a serious issue such as mental health and suicide as something unserious or a copout. As a Ranger fan Im not exactly happy with his play or even responding to these idiots but that doesn’t take away from the person he is and what he does off the Ice. To the morons saying he’s saying this cause of his play, get a grip, at the end Pasha made it about his wife and his work outside of hockey which is clearly his issue. A lot of you people need to go touch grass and shame on the mods for allowing this thread to become what it has.
Won't someone please think of the cheapshot artists? They are people too. The league needs CTE to support the class action lawsuits against it. Trouba is an inside agent, helping the families of the brain damaged players that he creates.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob

If a professional media personality said "I really think the Rangers should move on from Trouba because he's ineffective" or "I'd really like to see some accountability for his hits" it wouldn't even raise a murmur.

No? But everything other than bringing the wife into it was fair game. And you’re fair to bring up the hypocrisy. But calling him a bad player and disgrace to the game for the disgusting on ice actions which are objectively more damaging to anybody is not the problem.
You don’t have to like how he went about it but you don’t essentially accuse someone of contributing to the problem of suicide because of it

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
He’s playing victim and even using a recent suicide as some type of “gotcha” tool. If anything, he is completely minimizing the weight and complexity of mental health and suicide.

It’s embarrassing
That is certainly not what hes doing. He is talking about how a lot of scumbags morons like Pasha and yourself don’t separate that just because they are athletes doesn’t make them not humans and that personal attacks like what Pasha did can have major tolls on mental health.

Won't someone please think of the cheapshot artists? They are people too. The league needs CTE to support the class action lawsuits against it. Trouba is an inside agent, helping the families of the brain damaged players that he creates.
Reevaluate your life and Find God if once again you can’t separate the player from the human being.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He is outwardly implying that Murray killed himself due to media/social media criticism when there's absolutely nothing pointing towards that being the case, you don't see a problem with that? If he's not going through it, he's using other people's very real experience as a line of defence
Athlete suicides have doubled since the internet became a thing.

I can't speak to Murray's situation and perhaps it would have been more tactful to leave that out, but the connection is pretty clear.

Spittin Chiclets is garbage. It's a bunch of high school bullies who never aged past that. That's the type of shit that's out there now that athletes used to not have to put up with.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
That is certainly not what hes doing. He is talking about how a lot of scumbags morons like Pasha and yourself don’t separate that just because they are athletes doesn’t make them not humans and that personal attacks like what Pasha did can have major tolls on mental health.
Does that count for coaches too or are they not human? Devoting a username on a popular public forum to calling for/celebrating the loss of a job of someone who you have no clue what their struggles could be away from the rink seems to be pretty insensitive, no?

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

No, that’s exactly what he’s doing. Just because you’re a Rangers fan, it doesn’t mean that Trouba isn’t completely out of pocket here.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife

I can't speak to Murray's situation and perhaps it would have been more tactful to leave that out, but the connection is pretty clear.

Spittin Chiclets is garbage. It's a bunch of high school bullies who never aged past that. That's the type of shit that's out there now that athletes used to not have to put up with.
I would wager that suicides in general have too. Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death among young adults, accidental OD is #1.

While his point is fine, the way he makes it just undermines how serious of an issue suicide is and wreaks of using it as a shield to me. And as to your point about Chiclets, sure athletes didn't have to deal with that shit, but they also had to get summer jobs unless they were the best of the best lol, the media explosion is hand in hand with salary increases, Chiclets has been undeniably good for the game and they're also very fair with the players typically

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
You are completely misunderstanding the point. He definitely should have phrased it better but its pretty crystal clear he is not saying he is suicidal because of criticsm of his on-ice play by some no name producer of a podcast…
I read his tweet and watched the SC video.

1) For the record I don't watch Spittin' Chiclets aside from a half dozen player interviews over the years. I think it's a bunch of meatheads talking about nothing. It's a worse form of sports-talk-radio and I think it's a total waste of time.

2) In direct reference to a video he is heavily criticized in, he brings up an athlete's suicide and says "SC must be better" or something similar. Tell me what I'm missing then if that's not the case because to me it sounded like his feelings were hurt at a critique video from some no-name on a shitty podcast and now he's bringing up another player's suicide.

3) Maybe this guy didn't need to bring up Trouba's wife but in the context of what he was saying he wasn't too out of line. Trouba f***ing superman dove with a flying elbow a few weeks ago, elbow first, trying to ruin another player. The guy has no regard for player safety so I don't want to hear his concerns about mental health. He's a player, he knows about guys like Boogard who did actually kill themselves from brain injuries and then he's got the nerve to cry about this because some loser from New Jersey pointed out how shitty Trouba has been playing.

GTFO with all of this. Some of you think you're protecting people with mental health issues in this thread but you're really just showing your ass.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
There's certainly somebody wildly out of touch here but I'm not convinced it's Trouba.

If the guy's seriously having issues like that, it needs to be taken seriously, and not just assumed to be a deflection 'cause you don't like what he does on-ice. (Heck, if he does need help and is able to get it, maybe that can put an end to the flying elbows...)
Maybe he should stop contributing to future mental health problems of his opponents?

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I'd have more of a problem with it if Pasha said a bunch of untrue stuff...but it was mostly facts.

Bringing his wife into it was unnecessary, but he didn't attack her either.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

Sports media has been relentlessly cruel, inappropriate, obnoxious, etc...since baseball as early as the 1920's. It's at least 100 years old. The more things change the more they stay the same.

I agree Spittin Chiclets sucks and I don't waste my time consuming that media from those Pink Whitney drinking douches. Trouba used another athlete's suicide to shield himself from future criticism and it was disgusting.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Fordy

May 28, 2008
cry to someone who cares tbh. "if you point out i suck i'll kill myself" ok buddy

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
No, that’s exactly what he’s doing. Just because you’re a Rangers fan, it doesn’t mean that Trouba isn’t completely out of pocket here.
Just because you’re a Devils fan doesn’t mean Trouba is Satan Incarnate and that when hes not on the ice doing a Scott Stevens impression hes actually a good guy that does great humanitarian work. Hes using his platform for important causes a lot worse things he can be doing

• Haha
Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I'd have more of a problem with it if Pasha said a bunch of untrue stuff...but it was mostly facts.

Bringing his wife into it was unnecessary, but he didn't attack her either.

For sure. And it sounds like from subsequent comments, it kind of sounds like he probably regrets that part of the comments, but I think the point he was trying to make is pretty clear. Just trying to tie together “Trouba should know better than going around throwing elbows at guy’s heads.”

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
I dunno. Every once in a while, a friend will call me out on hypocrisy, and I'm like "Holy shit. Wasn't even thinking about that. Thanks." Sometimes it takes me a minute to admit it lol. It's possible Trouba was feeling the pressure of criticism, and he posted that without even thinking about his own role in the whole thing. Maybe he looks at the response and thinks, "Wow. I deserved that." The only way we'll know is if he continues his reckless play. He could use this as a moment to make himself better, like he wants other people to be.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Just because you’re a Devils fan doesn’t mean Trouba is Satan Incarnate and that when hes not on the ice doing a Scott Stevens impression hes actually a good guy that does great humanitarian work. Hes using his platform for important causes a lot worse things he can be doing

Okay, well you’re free to disagree with what a clear majority of the rest of the NHL fandom thinks, not just Devils fans.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014

On the flip side, this dude doesn't give a shit about player safety or Trouba's wifes work, he just wanted to rip him publicly as a Devil fan.

I will admit it is a little weird to bring up suicide stuff but whateer.

And even if it's true, media members or hosts on biggest hockey podcast shouldn't be saying 'Player sucks at hockey'. Unprofessional and makes you look like a douche, like this guy is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad