Trouba proves he’s the biggest joke in the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
"JT Miller has the worst body language in the league" - Pasha

Cus he wants to win? Like come on.
Dude's incredibly punchable, RA has more "sobering" takes.
Criticizing JT Miller is ridiculous. It's down right shameful. He is the heart of that Canucks team and he should be wearing the C over Quinn imo.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
It really depends on what people are looking for in the media they consume. Too many are looking for some kind of validation; so much of social media is a team sport to see your side win. That the climate online has people terrified to admit they are wrong and change their minds is a huge problem. It isn't about getting smarter or better, as you say.

Personally I would be a lot dumber without the access to all the perspectives that social media affords, but then again I am a curious person who's been through enough failures to not have much of an ego left to protect lol.
You sound like you are probably my age. Life has a way of humbling most of us -- and that is a good thing. Must be exhausting to be so concerned over self that a quick "I apologize, I was wrong" is too difficult to give up.

I agree completely about the team sport aspect of much of social media. Much of it feels like a competition.

"How was you day honey?"

"AWESOME. I finally put spidershoes839 in his or her place. They'll not be spouting off on whether Adidas Stan Smith's are better than Sambas again anytime soon. I'll tell you that!"

"That's nice honey. Who is spidershoes839?

"Absolutely no idea. But I own them. Absolutely own them"

"Good for you honey. I know it means a lot to you. Say, on an unrelated topic, mind cleaning up the trash bins before you come to bed? I think the neighbors dog has been at them again."

Reactions: BluesyShoes

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
The "because I might kill myself" by itself is a massive red flag. That's why it would need to be looked into. Obviously his headhunting behavior can't continue - and frankly I think he ought to be pulled from the league before he cripples somebody - but someone who's so far into the weeds as to be making threats like that is already potentially in serious danger.

* * *​

Not outright saying it is a common way of trying to drop hints about this stuff. It's dangerous to presume one way or the other, and requires investigation rather than jumping to conclusions. I'm objecting because folks here are jumping to the worst possible conclusions.
Good. Then let the Rangers and the league watch the video and investigate his mental health. Maybe even an actual role for DOPS. Not up to all of us on hfboards to moderate our opinions out of concern for his safety, fly down to NY or wherever he is, and undertake an intervention on his behalf. That’s the team’s and the league’s responsibility. Assuming they believe they actually have any.

Reactions: kickback256

kickback256

May 1, 2024
Utah
You sound like you are probably my age. Life has a way of humbling most of us -- and that is a good thing. Must be exhausting to be so concerned over self that a quick "I apologize, I was wrong" is too difficult to give up.

I agree completely about the team sport aspect of much of social media. Much of it feels like a competition.

"How was you day honey?"

"AWESOME. I finally put spidershoes839 in his or her place. They'll not be spouting off on whether Adidas Stan Smith's are better than Sambas again anytime soon. I'll tell you that!"

"That's nice honey. Who is spidershoes839?

"Absolutely no idea. But I own them. Absolutely own them"

"Good for you honey. I know it means a lot to you. Say, on an unrelated topic, mind cleaning up the trash bins before you come to bed? I think the neighbors dog has been at them again."
IMG_2329.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Number8

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I read his tweet and watched the SC video.

1) For the record I don't watch Spittin' Chiclets aside from a half dozen player interviews over the years. I think it's a bunch of meatheads talking about nothing. It's a worse form of sports-talk-radio and I think it's a total waste of time.

2) In direct reference to a video he is heavily criticized in, he brings up an athlete's suicide and says "SC must be better" or something similar. Tell me what I'm missing then if that's not the case because to me it sounded like his feelings were hurt at a critique video from some no-name on a shitty podcast and now he's bringing up another player's suicide.

3) Maybe this guy didn't need to bring up Trouba's wife but in the context of what he was saying he wasn't too out of line. Trouba f***ing superman dove with a flying elbow a few weeks ago, elbow first, trying to ruin another player. The guy has no regard for player safety so I don't want to hear his concerns about mental health. He's a player, he knows about guys like Boogard who did actually kill themselves from brain injuries and then he's got the nerve to cry about this because some loser from New Jersey pointed out how shitty Trouba has been playing.

GTFO with all of this. Some of you think you're protecting people with mental health issues in this thread but you're really just showing your ass.
Yeah. If he’s so concerned with the media’s over the top criticism’s of athletes that might contribute to their depression and potentially to self-harm then he should call it out when he sees it. That is, when he sees it being directed towards other athletes rather than towards himself. Take himself completely out of the equation. Where are those posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad