Trouba proves he’s the biggest joke in the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
What bubble? Reality? Why would you react or care if a random stranger came up to you and called you a POS based on nothing?

I'd just assume they're crazy, say okay weido, and walk about on my business

Not rags fans apparently. Ask the Tampa dude who got cold-cocked last season by Vinnie Bagadonuts.

Reactions: Dialamo

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
What bubble? Reality? Why would you react or care if a random stranger came up to you and called you a POS based on nothing?

I'd just assume they're crazy, say okay weido, and walk about on my business
You dont live in the northeast clearly. Looking at someone the wrong way alone will get your clock cleaned.

Someone gets in your face, it’s on sight

Last edited by a moderator:

yeaher

May 3, 2019
Guy needs to take some accountability here. He being the Rangers captain and 8 million dollar 6th dman likely cost them cup

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I mean, I'm pretty sure every Rangers fan that isn't just about muh hitz and muh big wants Trouba gone next year. But reading that could be interpreted as him dealing with depression and possibly being suicidal. Would I treat Scott Stevens and Derian Hatcher as a human in this situation and hope he doesn't do anything to hurt himself? Yes.

Of course, but that’s why I find this so disgusting- if he needs help there are resources available, and I would urge him to use them. Twitter is not that place, and he’s not saying he needs help. He’s saying “don’t criticize me, this other guy killed himself”, when the criticism is very pointed and relevant. He dodges that and all accountability with the vague threat of someone (himself) being so emotionally hurt that they do something tragic. That’s bullshit, if he’s feeling that way he needs to talk to a therapist, get offline, or call a hotline.

And he still has to eventually answer how he posts this shit and then serves out head injuries known to lead to depression.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Of course, but that’s why I find this so disgusting- if he needs help there are resources available, and I would urge him to use them. Twitter is not that place, and he’s not saying he needs help. He’s saying “don’t criticize me, this other guy killed himself”, when the criticism is very pointed and relevant. He dodges that and all accountability with the vague threat of someone (himself) being so emotionally hurt that they do something tragic. That’s bullshit, if he’s feeling that way he needs to talk to a therapist, get offline, or call a hotline.

And he still has to eventually answer how he posts this shit and then serves out head injuries known to lead to depression.

I mean, it wasn't an objective analyst making a criticism. It was an unhinged Devils fan. I'm not saying it had no merit. But it wasn't exactly Bob MacKenzie making the criticism.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
I gave you a short list of the numerous hits like this. What are you on about? All of those guys except Athanasiou I think missed at least a game with a concussion
Kharia was stretched out and missed months. Jarvis I think was their final game, but there's quotes from him saying he only remembered fragments of that game and the next day a few weeks later.

A few of those are 21-22 where I recall people tallying like 5-6 that season & playoffs alone. This playoff he seemed to miss on clearly attempted headshots. You seem to not want to call it a headshot if it's a legal "good hit" as you say. He time after time sees guys in positions he can get away with the hit on, he goes for it. There's no rational way you can say with a benefit of the doubt he isn't going for their heads.

Cte doesn't come from just concussions, but hits over time to the head. So I don't know what you're trying to single out. Trouba knows what he is doing on thr ice. He might be a great guy off the ice, but his repeated actions earn him ill will.

Kharia missed exactly one month, was not diagnosed with a concussion, and went on to opt for lower back surgery (which had nothing to do with any injury sustained from the Trouba hit), and missed the rest of the year due to surgery.

Crosby not only didn't suffer a concussion from the Trouba hit, Trouba wasn't even suspended. It was a clean but hard hit.

Dorofeyev missed limited time but also did not suffer a concussion.

Athanasiou, also no injuries.

Jarvis is the only player to date who has suffered a concussion from a Trouba hit.

If you're making the "any trauma to the head can cause CTE" argument, then by all means, tell these fully fledged adults who have all the medical information and education on CTE available, who play a game involving hits on a hard ice surface at breakneck speed against other humans that average over 6 feet 200 pounds, that they should probably retire to mitigate the risk. Because you absolutely cannot play the game of hockey and avoid incidental head contact.

Here's another fact that'll rock your worlds: you can suffer brain damage from a perfectly legal but hard hit shoulder to shoulder! Your head doesn't even need to be targeted. You can also get brain damage from falling hard. Any hard hit to the body can shake the head and cause a concussion or long term brain injuries.

The obsession with CTE among fans of a rough, physical sport is becoming a meaningless virtue signal. It was once a crisis, before players had the information/education, weren't paid well, and routinely participated in overtly dangerous plays beyond anything we see in the game now.

All of those factors have been corrected. The game is a fraction as dangerous as it was in the 70s-90s. The equipment is far and away better. Everyone is educated on CTE. Concussion protocols are standard, in-game. The salaries ensure that even league minimum are wealthy men, and the health and benefits fund is substantial.

We can all calm down about CTE. The risk is maximally mitigated, as much as it can be without compromising the nature of the game.

But because so many fans want that virtue signal talking point, EVERY hard hit gets its own forum or twitter thread with people declaring the offending player to be a headhunting concussion monster. Even when - surprise! - there was no significant injury, and no suspension from Player Safety.

Yes, Trouba lays big scary hits. No, that doesn't make him the lifetime recipient of the Scott Stevens Your Career Is Over Enjoy Hospital Food Award.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Not rags fans apparently. Ask the Tampa dude who got cold-cocked last season by Vinnie Bagadonuts.
The best thing about that video is that he dashes into the crowd leaving MSG trying to blend in and make his getaway, wearing a bright red Panarin shersey. A giant sea of humanity where everyone is in Rangers blue, maybe a few Tampa fans in white, and he’s literally the only one wearing a red shirt

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
If he’s having issues like that the answer isn’t to be above criticism for your play while you make 8 mil elbowing people in the head and getting scored on.
Nor is it pontficating on Twitter. If someone needs help, get off social media and seek help

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I’m not sure he’s the out of touch one. Athletes are still human, he’s right the constant criticism can lead to depression and can get worse from there.

Then don't be an athlete in a major city in a major league? Being in the spotlight is a choice and criticism is part of he job. If the money is worth his mental health then that's his choice, you don't get to dictate how much criticism you get especially when you do the things he does. Your life is the sum of your choices, you're talking like he's a child who doesn't understand consequences.

Acting like there aren't other places to play hockey without a huge media following is wild.

Last edited:

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I mean, it wasn't an objective analyst making a criticism. It was an unhinged Devils fan. I'm not saying it had no merit. But it wasn't exactly Bob MacKenzie making the criticism.
I stopped giving a shit what people say, think and feel about me 2 marriages ago--and I can't soothe myself with an almost 8 figure salary against people's meaningless barbs

Why does this trouble him so??

Maybe he just needs a huggie?

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I love that the solution to solving the "assholes pick on famous people" problem is not "stop being assholes" but it's "don't become famous"

Having a world, online or otherwise, overrun by assholes is what's truly the problem with this world.
Criticism goes with the territory and the paycheck of working in the public eye. Movies get panned, Albums get railed, Teams get booed and players get picked on

It's just tough shit

Reactions: NorthStar4Canes

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'm normally siding with the person advocating for mental health... but this ain't it.

Trouba forced his way to New York and then cites suicide because a hockey podcast talks shit about his on-ice play and leadership? Add in the way he plays and well.... cue the sad trombone music.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I love that the solution to solving the "assholes pick on famous people" problem is not "stop being assholes" but it's "don't become famous"

Having a world, online or otherwise, overrun by assholes is what's truly the problem with this world.

Like those assholes who throw illegal dirty hits and flying elbows.... and then tells people not to talk about them so he can't be shamed lmao.

Imagine siding with this clown.

Reactions: pouf pouf

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I'm normally siding with the person advocating for mental health... but this ain't it.

Trouba forced his way to New York and then cites suicide because a hockey podcast talks shit about his on-ice play and leadership? Add in the way he plays and well.... cue the sad trombone music.
This is it.

If you want to be vulnerable about mental health as it relates to commentary surrounding you, you'd better open up about you.

Trouba said "whoa hey you don't know, if you push too hard I might end up like that guy" and really seems like he hoped that would just... get him off the hook on criticism. Bad look.

Reactions: PAZ

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
What's the link between the golfer and the video of him getting shat on by some random dude on a podcast...? Without context, you'd think Grayson Murray was getting bullied on social media or something. Kinda disgusting to bring him into this.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
What's the link between the golfer and the video of him getting shat on by some random dude on a podcast...? Without context, you'd think Grayson Murray was getting bullied on social media or something. Kinda disgusting to bring him into this.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Kharia missed exactly one month, was not diagnosed with a concussion, and went on to opt for lower back surgery (which had nothing to do with any injury sustained from the Trouba hit), and missed the rest of the year due to surgery.

Crosby not only didn't suffer a concussion from the Trouba hit, Trouba wasn't even suspended. It was a clean but hard hit.

Dorofeyev missed limited time but also did not suffer a concussion.

Athanasiou, also no injuries.

Jarvis is the only player to date who has suffered a concussion from a Trouba hit.

If you're making the "any trauma to the head can cause CTE" argument, then by all means, tell these fully fledged adults who have all the medical information and education on CTE available, who play a game involving hits on a hard ice surface at breakneck speed against other humans that average over 6 feet 200 pounds, that they should probably retire to mitigate the risk. Because you absolutely cannot play the game of hockey and avoid incidental head contact.

Here's another fact that'll rock your worlds: you can suffer brain damage from a perfectly legal but hard hit shoulder to shoulder! Your head doesn't even need to be targeted. You can also get brain damage from falling hard. Any hard hit to the body can shake the head and cause a concussion or long term brain injuries.

The obsession with CTE among fans of a rough, physical sport is becoming a meaningless virtue signal. It was once a crisis, before players had the information/education, weren't paid well, and routinely participated in overtly dangerous plays beyond anything we see in the game now.

All of those factors have been corrected. The game is a fraction as dangerous as it was in the 70s-90s. The equipment is far and away better. Everyone is educated on CTE. Concussion protocols are standard, in-game. The salaries ensure that even league minimum are wealthy men, and the health and benefits fund is substantial.

We can all calm down about CTE. The risk is maximally mitigated, as much as it can be without compromising the nature of the game.

But because so many fans want that virtue signal talking point, EVERY hard hit gets its own forum or twitter thread with people declaring the offending player to be a headhunting concussion monster. Even when - surprise! - there was no significant injury, and no suspension from Player Safety.

Yes, Trouba lays big scary hits. No, that doesn't make him the lifetime recipient of the Scott Stevens Your Career Is Over Enjoy Hospital Food Award.
We're all very happy that equipment and protocols have reduced concussions. None of this changes the fact that Jacob Trouba is one of the league's dirtiest players.

Automobile sensors have reduced fatalities on the road. However, there are still terrible drivers.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Cringe on both sides. Pasha is cringe for how personal he gets. Chill out dude. Trouba is a player in the NHL. It's a f***ing tough sport. It's physical. Shit happens. Trouba is not a guy who's been suspended time and time again. He's doing his job. Stick to talking about his play and stay out of the personal stuff.

And cringe on Trouba(unless that was a real cry for help, if so, I hope he gets whatever help he needs), if this was just a chance to bring another young guy's suicide into the conversation about how bad he's been. Trouba had a terrible playoff. People are allowed to say that.

Reactions: Number8

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
This is exactly what I'm talking about when I'm saying y'all are assuming he's lying. Some of y'all are seeing that and thinking that since he's already an evil bastard to be hated that this is clearly more evil bastardry. Some of the rest of us see that and see a big honking red flag that something more serious is going on.
It's not about whether he's lying or not, it's irrelevant to the clip it was in response to. It could be true while also being inappropriately used as a shield against criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad