Trouba proves he’s the biggest joke in the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Lol, no one wants Trouba to hurt himself. I can remove the player from his personality very easily. But his opinion on the matter will be looked at as funny with the way he plays. That's the whole thing that people are confused about. You can't say you care about mental health of players/athletes and then go out and level them with NHL 24 type hits.

The point I was making is that it seems possible though no evidence behind it that he was speaking from experience. There's conjecture it might be Miller's experience and in that case fine laugh away. But there's a possibility it's his. And if that's the case posts like the ones made in this thread are inappropriate.

983 others

Aug 26, 2009
i dunno dude…

rangers fans and others trying to praise trouba for suicide/mental health awareness when it seems more like he’s using grayson murray’s suicide (that he knows absolutely nothing about) as a shield against 100% legitimate criticism about his dangerous, dirty play seems pretty scummy to me.

like it’s a real scumbag move tbh the more i think about it.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The point I was making is that it seems possible though no evidence behind it that he was speaking from experience. There's conjecture it might be Miller's experience and in that case fine laugh away. But there's a possibility it's his. And if that's the case posts like the ones made in this thread are inappropriate.

Then if it's a teammate like Miller who was the issue then why is he using it on a post about a guy talking about his specific on ice performance/antics? That makes even less sense for Trouba to do. It's horrific timing after the postseason Trouba had and the history he's had whether you think his hits are legal or dirty that he uses those specific comments to highlight the problem he was trying to address and especially if Miller had issues midseason.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
The Bennet hit thread was 20 pages long.

You get the more you or other Rangers fans exist and defend Trouba, that makes more posts. Maybe you only remember those because it's about the team you care about?

Tom Wilson and Marchand used to get ire, they haven't had more than a controversial hit or 2 in a couple years. And Marchand has shown self awareness lately and to some, they got respect there. Plenty didn't care Bennett hit him for his past. But this tweet by Trouba just reeks of no self awareness that being a top 3 hitter to players heads in thr last 4 years makes him seem. He could of added, because of these suicide concerns with pro athletes, I want the dept. Of player safety to punish hits to the head better going forward.
at the end of the day it's a very specific crowd that acts the loudest against Trouba and his antics. This site is reeking of Reddit tier sentimental values when these players are getting paid millions of dollars to kill each other both spiritually & physically every year but for some reason nobody wants to just accept that reality as is.

Trouba is no saint but the hate with him is also overblown. Lots of things can be true at once here

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
If he reacts violently? Yeah. In a civilized society it's perfectly fine to talk shit back to someone in that scenario. To just start throwing punches? We have laws to prevent that from being an outcome. Laws that don't give a shit what the other guy said to incite the reaction. If you can't control yourself even if just by the knowledge and awareness of the potential consequences (worse than 2 minutes in the box), then yeah I'd absolutely call you unhinged and violent.
Must be nice living in your little bubble

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
People in this thread are being really unfair to Jacob Trouba. I’m guessing most aren’t aware that he started a foundation which supports adults living with epilepsy and seizures. He’s so committed to the growth of his organization that he actively scouts potential new program participants in the middle of every Rangers game.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
What bubble? Reality? Why would you react or care if a random stranger came up to you and called you a POS based on nothing?

I'd just assume they're crazy, say okay weido, and walk about on my business
Lol go to NYC and call 10 people a dbag POS and at least half will try to fight you

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
People in this thread are being really unfair to Jacob Trouba. I’m guessing most aren’t aware that he started a foundation which supports adults living with epilepsy and seizures. He’s so committed to the growth of his organization that he actively scouts potential new program participants in the middle of every Rangers game.
If I had a hot nurse wife who convinced me to do that I would, the real question right now is would you? Don't play around Incognito, it's a good deal.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lol go to NYC and call 10 people a dbag POS and at least half will try to fight you
5+ unhinged people getting felony convictions. But we're getting away from the point. It's one thing to outwardly cyber bully someone from behind a keyboard or anonymously say you would or could beat a public figure's ass. The idea that you shouldn't call anyone a piece of shit unless you're physically prepared to fight that person for your right to do so in person is just such a ludicrous standard. Like our opinions need to be validated by the potential for physical supremacy over another? Meathead philosophy.

Reactions: Samhockey3

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
5+ unhinged people getting felony convictions. But we're getting away from the point. It's one thing to outwardly cyber bully someone from behind a keyboard or anonymously say you would or could beat a public figure's ass. The idea that you shouldn't call anyone a piece of shit unless you're physically prepared to fight that person for your right to do so in person is just such a ludicrous standard. Like our opinions need to be validated by the potential for physical supremacy over another? Meathead philosophy.
Talk a bunch of shit and expect zero consequences. Exactly what is wrong with society

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Like our opinions need to be validated by the potential for physical supremacy over another? Meathead philosophy.

Unfortunately it appears that there has been a massive increase in this mentality in recent years, the most interesting thing about it is that most of the folks that think this way can not do what they think they can do....they do, however, spend a great deal of time and energy creating scenarios in their head where they are very badass.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Talk a bunch of shit and expect zero consequences. Exactly what is wrong with society
Sounds like you just described Troubas nhl career. Known dirt player getting hated on social media for being an asshat and being overpaid after terrible playoffs from him once again , in a big market . Truly New York City smog in action at this moment.

Players who cause more drama are getting more hate more at 10.
Don't hear any drama from Kopitar in L.A or Bedard in chicago or Nick Suzuki in Montreal. Crazy when ur not a psycho on the ice people respect you more.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
What do you want trouba to do challenge pasha to a fight? Lol.

Pasha is a total loser and ive ALWAYS been a fan of do not type something or say something on a mic that you wouldnt say to someones face one on one with no one else around. Aka, youd have the ability to get beaten to a pulp if you talk crazy.

The internet has made people way too comfortable talking ish and facing no consequences. Call me old school.
Hell even Whit and Biz said they should have Pasha (who can barely skate) line up to do a few 1 on 1's vs Trouba. The dude doesn't have much for brains to get damaged so he'd be ok there

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Sounds like you just described Troubas nhl career. Known dirt player getting hated on social media for being an asshat and being overpaid after terrible playoffs from him once again , in a big market . Truly New York City smog in action at this moment.

Players who cause more drama are getting more hate more at 10.
Don't hear any drama from Kopitar in L.A or Bedard in chicago or Nick Suzuki in Montreal. Crazy when ur not a psycho on the ice people respect you more.
I didnt say one word in defense of Trouba or his on ice play
I'm curious what you would define as an appropriate consequence.
Lol and the only rational response/consequence to hurtful words is assault and battery? Yeah I'd call that unhinged. And mentally weak.
Part of the zero consequences brigade. Exactly whats wrong with this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad