Trouba proves he’s the biggest joke in the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I don’t know how to embed tweets anymore, but he just quoted a video Chiclets making fun of how bad he played and his response was to cite athlete suicide stats and how words and criticism hurts. Wildly out of touch.
Pasha is an absolute joke of a person and hockey 'analyst' he knows nothing. He's a troll and doesnt know what he is looking at. He never played anywhere. The only thing wildly out of touch was this segment. Its embarassing for Spitting Chicklets to be associated with him. Just look at his J.T Miller takes. He has no clue what he's watching he just refers to analytics without any actual context.

Last edited:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
When I was a kid, AM talk radio was often a septic tank echo chamber that enabled people to rant, spew, and get histrionic about (usually) either sports or politics.

Now I'm older I find that nothing has changed except the list now includes AM talk radio, video blog sites, and social media, and all other manner of anonymous garbage (yes, sometimes this site too -- which I love).

I've done a scientific analysis and determined that all this ability to voice our all important opinions makes us happy 7.39% of the time and very unhappy the remaining ~93% of the time.

It clearly makes us dumber. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Trouba, my intellect took a ding because I watched some nobody named Pasha read his rant against Trouba online (seriously, he took the time to write out his notes :laugh::laugh: -- he clearly glances at his script as he's pontificating).

Reactions: SoupNazi and zeeto

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
When I was a kid, AM talk radio was often a septic tank echo chamber that enabled people to rant, spew, and get histrionic about (usually) either sports or politics.

Now I'm older I find that nothing has changed except the list now includes AM talk radio, video blog sites, and social media, and all other manner of anonymous garbage (yes, sometimes this site too -- which I love).

I've done a scientific analysis and determined that all this ability to voice our all important opinions makes us happy 7.39% of the time and very unhappy the remaining ~93% of the time.

It clearly makes us dumber. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Trouba, my intellect took a ding because I watched some nobody named Pasha read his rant against Trouba online (seriously, he took the time to write out his notes :laugh::laugh: -- he clearly glances at his script as he's pontificating).
I say this all the time, but there are too many podcasts. As you said, back in the day it was pretty much AM talk radio and Public Access TV where people could rant and rave.

Now any 2 dollar schmuck with a smart phone can make a podcast. It seems to give people inflated sense of how important or correct their opinions/statements are. Same with those Tik Tok "advice/lifestyle" channels. The tone of voice they all take is like everything that comes out of their mouths is the gospel. They all take that same sort of tone and cadence, it's unreal.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Crosby not only didn't suffer a concussion from the Trouba hit, Trouba wasn't even suspended. It was a clean but hard hit.

Neither was Tom Wilson for the Panarin stuff + NJ after the Rempe bullshit but yet both franchises went into a tailspin because of it, see how I can do this all day? Just because the awful NHL DPoS doesn't suspend someone doesn't make it the right thing.

Reactions: pouf pouf

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Please retire and seek the best help money can buy Jacob, sincerely.
4695316c91b29f7cedb6522e5885cb94.gif

Your potential future "Oopsie Daisy Elbowsie" victims will also appreciate it very much.

The Puckhound

Jan 24, 2019
That Pasha guy went too far and is kind of a clown but honestly is anything he's saying incorrect? Also if you ask me Trouba exploiting the suicide of someone he doesn't even know to deflect criticism is incredibly scummy. He basically pulled the old crazy girlfriend "if you break up with me I might kill myself" card

Roomtemperature

Apr 8, 2008
New Jersey
I say this all the time, but there are too many podcasts. As you said, back in the day it was pretty much AM talk radio and Public Access TV where people could rant and rave.

Now any 2 dollar schmuck with a smart phone can make a podcast. It seems to give people inflated sense of how important or correct their opinions/statements are. Same with those Tik Tok "advice/lifestyle" channels. The tone of voice they all take is like everything that comes out of their mouths is the gospel. They all take that same sort of tone and cadence, it's unreal.
OK then why would someone the level of Trouba listen to the schmucks?

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
OK then why would someone the level of Trouba listen to the schmucks?
How should I know? I wasn’t trying to defend the guy, I think Trouba’s whole shpiel was a bit over the top and definitely using the recent suicide to make himself look morally superior.

I still think there are too many podcasts with too many people having a platform to sling wild statements like they’re some kind of authority figure. I really do think it’s corrupting some of their minds and giving people a false sense of importance

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
That Pasha guy went too far and is kind of a clown but honestly is anything he's saying incorrect? Also if you ask me Trouba exploiting the suicide of someone he doesn't even know to deflect criticism is incredibly scummy. He basically pulled the old crazy girlfriend "if you break up with me I might kill myself" card
Ban criticism of me or i will kill myself.
Captain of the New York Rangers ladies and gentlemen.

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
He may or may not have mental health issues (I wish him the best). However that is simply not an appropriate response by Trouba. It makes him appear whiny, don't know what his intentions were? To make sure media don't criticize players or himself?

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
We're all very happy that equipment and protocols have reduced concussions. None of this changes the fact that Jacob Trouba is one of the league's dirtiest players.

Automobile sensors have reduced fatalities on the road. However, there are still terrible drivers.

Right, but we don't treat fender benders like they're the equivalent danger to a head on collision.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Pasha is an absolute joke of a person and hockey 'analyst' he knows nothing. He's a troll and doesnt know what he is looking at. He never played anywhere. The only thing wildly out of touch was this segment. Its embarassing for Spitting Chicklets to be associated with him. Just look at his J.T Miller takes. He has no clue what he's watching he just refers to analytics without any actual context.
Let's say thats true (idk), what exactly was wrong in what he said? Trouba is a hypocrite and the dirtiest pos in the league.

Roomtemperature

Apr 8, 2008
New Jersey
How should I know? I wasn’t trying to defend the guy, I think Trouba’s whole shpiel was a bit over the top and definitely using the recent suicide to make himself look morally superior.

I still think there are too many podcasts with too many people having a platform to sling wild statements like they’re some kind of authority figure. I really do think it’s corrupting some of their minds and giving people a false sense of importance
So did managing an Arby's to someone in the 90s. Inflated senses of importance always were a thing but it's still relatively easy to not listen to a podcast by a nobody

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
What an embarrassment of a response from an embarrassment of a captain from an embarrassment of a franchise

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
People in this thread are being really unfair to Jacob Trouba. I’m guessing most aren’t aware that he started a foundation which supports adults living with epilepsy and seizures. He’s so committed to the growth of his organization that he actively scouts potential new program participants in the middle of every Rangers game.
chefs-kiss-french-chef.gif

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
The point is that Trouba actively plays each shift looking for vulnerable people to injure, especially targeting the heads. Regardless of how dirty or clean the contact is, it's the intent that matters here. Considering the obvious and well researched link between brain damage (CTE included) and suicide, his tweet is offensive to all of his victims.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife

There's too many but I disagree we need to go back to the old way. Literally 10 years ago the only takes you could find were from boomers who have been working in the position for 20 years saying the exact same shit, the diversity is an improvement imo. And I mean you talk about an inflated sense of importance, holy shit try to have a conversation with a guy like Bob McCown...

And considering the clip in question is from the single largest hockey podcast in the world, I'm not sure there's really any 2 dollar schmucks involved

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
the league should suspend him so he can go get help

they could protect his health and the health of the people he elbows in the head at the same time

Reactions: pouf pouf and Viqsi

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
"JT Miller has the worst body language in the league" - Pasha

Cus he wants to win? Like come on.
Dude's incredibly punchable, RA has more "sobering" takes.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
The only thing that could be taken in a bad way, was calling him a scumbag that’s a personal attack, but other than that everything was about his on ice play, and as a pro athlete that’s fair game

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He may or may not have mental health issues (I wish him the best). However that is simply not an appropriate response by Trouba. It makes him appear whiny, don't know what his intentions were? To make sure media don't criticize players or himself?

Let's be clear, his purpose wasn't to bring up mental health awareness, it was to clap back at the guy calling him out. If he cared, he wouldn't posted/quoted that as direct reply to their attack on him, just post the message without the drama - it would've been significantlyt more impactful instead it comes off as him whining about being called out and looking for sympathy.

He thinks he's being clever by using other peoples struggles as a clap back to morally shame them and attempt to turn the public against them as well, it's embarassing. If he had a history of supporting this cause it wouldn't be out of left field but he's suddenly a mental health advocate after some guy calls him useless. lmao

Last edited:

BluesyShoes

Unregistered User
Dec 11, 2010

It really depends on what people are looking for in the media they consume. Too many are looking for some kind of validation; so much of social media is a team sport to see your side win. That the climate online has people terrified to admit they are wrong and change their minds is a huge problem. It isn't about getting smarter or better, as you say.

Personally I would be a lot dumber without the access to all the perspectives that social media affords, but then again I am a curious person who's been through enough failures to not have much of an ego left to protect lol.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
So did managing an Arby's to someone in the 90s. Inflated senses of importance always were a thing but it's still relatively easy to not listen to a podcast by a nobody
I agree it’s easy to not listen, I’m not sure why Trouba even bothered putting any credence to the ramblings.

The thing is that everyone has a platform now where they can build a following of people who tell them they’re awesome and embolden them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad