Trouba proves he’s the biggest joke in the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Good: Trouba advocating for mental health.

Bad: Trouba making mental health all about him, by framing himself as The Victim and everyone else at fault*.

*If Trouba suffers from mental health issues, this is a poor way to show it. Get help. Blaming fans is not a step towards healing. If he doesn't suffer from these issues, then his post is self-absorbed and wildly insensitive to real victims.
Yeah that tweet reads like a huge red flag of someone suffering right now. Could just be temporary due to the playoff loss. Could be start of something. And no, I don't have any sympathy for him yet - just trying to rationalize why he would think responding that way is appropriate - he HAS to be in an off mental state right now because it's just going to bring him more criticism.

Reactions: Voight and Viqsi

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
I read his tweet and watched the SC video.

1) For the record I don't watch Spittin' Chiclets aside from a half dozen player interviews over the years. I think it's a bunch of meatheads talking about nothing. It's a worse form of sports-talk-radio and I think it's a total waste of time.

2) In direct reference to a video he is heavily criticized in, he brings up an athlete's suicide and says "SC must be better" or something similar. Tell me what I'm missing then if that's not the case because to me it sounded like his feelings were hurt at a critique video from some no-name on a shitty podcast and now he's bringing up another player's suicide.

3) Maybe this guy didn't need to bring up Trouba's wife but in the context of what he was saying he wasn't too out of line. Trouba f***ing superman dove with a flying elbow a few weeks ago, elbow first, trying to ruin another player. The guy has no regard for player safety so I don't want to hear his concerns about mental health. He's a player, he knows about guys like Boogard who did actually kill themselves from brain injuries and then he's got the nerve to cry about this because some loser from New Jersey pointed out how shitty Trouba has been playing.

GTFO with all of this. Some of you think you're protecting people with mental health issues in this thread but you're really just showing your ass.
Cmon dude - how do you not understand that he is advocating for the mental health of athletes? He even said he’s going to donate proceeds from his art sales to a charity directly below his tweet. Like I said, the phrasing could be better, maybe shouldnt have mentioned Murray - but he’s not saying his feelings are hurt and he might commit suicide. Thats absurd.

He’s saying athletes are real people and that this moron went over the line talking about his wife and charity. And that if this was another athlete who maybe wasn’t as mentally stable as Trouba then that could potentially have severe consequences because you have no idea what these athletes are going through personally.

Athlete suicides have doubled since the internet. I’m sure you can make a pretty strong argument its directly correlated. If that doesnt bother you and you dont think online behavior needs to change then I’m not sure we’ll ever be able to see eye to eye on this

Reactions: ruaware41

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
No, I want Trouba to do what is best for him and if someone talking about him and wife on a podcast is giving him suicidal thoughts, as he is implying, then he should seek immediate mental health assistance because he’s clearly in a bad place.

If he had had pulled a Will Smith “keep my wife’s name outta your mouth” it would be different.

Implying that you might kill yourself on the internet is a pretty big deal and either a cry for help that needs to be immediately addressed or a despicable way to shield yourself from people talking about you.
I at no point took that tweet as him saying hes even ever had suicidal thoughts. Moreso, how he realizes how other guys might not have as thick of skin when a 5’8 150 guy with a big nose goes on a viral rant about them and how he probably thinks its good to have hobbies outside of the game to stay sane

Wierzbowski426

Nov 1, 2019
New Jersey
Shitty, no name film-maker brings his wife and charity and her job into things...i think you have the wrong person as the joke here. Hockey is a physical game.

Also im sure this is a very unbiased take
Q5XLTN4.png

"Hockey is a physical game" from the fanbase that wrote an angry letter to the league over a dirty hit, and now routinely celebrates rempe and trouba elbowing people in the head.

You guys all need mirrors.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Everybody in this situation is being hilariously clown-ish.

Like weird Barstool Podcast filmmaker guy going so hard for no reason and bringing up Trouba's wife (?) and charity is hilarious. At the same time, Trouba winning the leadership award and having that charity in contrast to his on ice play also hilarious. Colby Armstrong reacting like an absolute single brain cell dumb f***, hilarious.

Love when idiots get together.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
I do not like SC at all. I think they are a bunch of meatheads and I do not find their discussions to be particularly interesting or amusing. That said, all he did was mention Trouba's wife and her job. He did not criticize her at all or say anything inappropriate about her. Not sure what all the hand-wringing over merely mentioning her and her job is about.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
"Hockey is a physical game" from the fanbase that wrote an angry letter to the league over a dirty hit, and now routinely celebrates rempe and trouba elbowing people in the head.

You guys all need mirrors.

The fans wrote the letter? Okay.

I don't remember being part of it but iim sure youre right.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Trouba is such a p***y lmao.
No? But everything other than bringing the wife into it was fair game.
The guy phrased it poorly but he basically said "it's ironic your wife is a neuroscience major and you have a charity for people with neurological conditions and yet you do everything possible to concuss people". Trouba got put in a body bag

Last edited:

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Cmon dude - how do you not understand that he is advocating for the mental health of athletes? He even said he’s going to donate proceeds from his art sales to a charity directly below his tweet. Like I said, the phrasing could be better, maybe shouldnt have mentioned Murray - but he’s not saying his feelings are hurt and he might commit suicide. Thats absurd.

He’s saying athletes are real people and that this moron went over the line talking about his wife and charity. And that if this was another athlete who maybe wasn’t as mentally stable as Trouba then that could potentially have severe consequences because you have no idea what these athletes are going through personally.

Athlete suicides have doubled since the internet. I’m sure you can make a pretty strong argument its directly correlated. If that doesnt bother you and you dont think online behavior needs to change then I’m not sure we’ll ever be able to see eye to eye on this

That’s great and all. Just missing the point that you could put together like a 6 min compilation of Trouba throwing elbows at guy’s heads. I’d say hits like that certainly have a pretty damn big impact on brain/mental health as well, even moreso than mean words on the internet directed at a public figure.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Of course he wouldn't actually address his attempt to injure hits, it's easier to try and railroad the entire conversation by hiding behind mental health. That's a pretty detestable tact to take, IMO.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018

Because guys branding themselves as mental health champions when they attack their peers brains weekly should be mocked and derided.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

Athlete suicides have doubled since the internet. I’m sure you can make a pretty strong correlation its related. If that doesnt bother you and you dont think online behavior needs to change then I’m not sure we’ll ever be able to see eye to eye on this
Trouba referenced another player's suicide after a video HE was criticized in. It's weak.

HF Boards is the extent of my online sports fandom. I don't have twitter or Insta and Reddit is a terrible place to talk hockey. Change whatever needs to be changed that's fine with me

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
The guy phrased it poorly but he basically said "it's ironic your wife is a neurosurgeon and yet you do everything possible to concuss people". Trouba got put in a body bag
I wonder if Trouba refers his victims to his wife for when their brains start to deteriorate in 15 years. That’s just solid financial planning.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Trouba's response is probably a bit dramatic to a guy just ranting but it is true people criticise athletes to an extreme amount sometimes when they're just doing their jobs.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Trouba referenced another player's suicide after a video HE was criticized in. It's weak.

HF Boards is the extent of my online sports fandom. I don't have twitter or Insta and Reddit is a terrible place to talk hockey. Change whatever needs to be changed that's fine with me
And what specifically is the issue here with the video, exactly? Is it the "tone" of the video or the content? If SC made the same criticisms of Trouba's play without all the bombast, everything is A-OK? As I recall, Grayson Allen didn't commit suicide because people were criticizing his game, so it's frankly gross to even namecheck him to complain about SC.

Like it or not, Trouba is a public athlete. People are going to criticize him, especially the way he plays. Short of censoring any and all opinions about him, I don't know what his endgame is here even with respect to this clip.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Btw you notice how Colby, who’s employed by national stations and the Pens and is super well connected doesn’t stop him to defend Trouba? Because the players f***ing hate the guy and don’t respect him for exactly the reasons given in the interview and now this tweet. These guys all know each other and they all know dudes who he’s tried to injure

Trouba's response is probably a bit dramatic to a guy just ranting but it is true people criticise athletes to an extreme amount sometimes when they're just doing their jobs.
Doesn’t apply to Trouba who actively is doing illegal shit all the time which is not his job.

Reactions: Voight

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Dunno, I mean, he could just end his career and retire with his millions if he can't handle the criticism. Why be a public figure if you can't handle being a public figure? Not to mention he specifically went to NYR. Why not go to CBJ instead where no one cares what he does?

Actions speak louder than words. To me, he's a headshotting hypocrite and deserves no sympathy.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I didn't even get all the way through three pages of this thread. Still, here's the quick tally of what many of you collectively threw at Trouba:

f*** You
Dick
Dirty POS
GTFO
Soft
Asshole (x3)
Godawful
Sucks
Go f*** yourself

I'm sure none of you have met him but you're all making judgements because you don't like how he plays on the ice. In fact, I suspect you know almost nothing about Trouba.

And whether or not you like the fact that he raised the issue of that poor young golfer or not, he's not wrong. The bottom line is society LOVES to bully via the anonymity of social media or video blogs.

Pasha (whoever the hell he is) wouldn't dare spout off his little diatribe to Trouba -- and neither would any of you. However, don't for a second think that an online mob cannot really negatively impact some people. And I expect in most cases we don't know that until it's too late.

By the way, apologies if I'm wrong but Pasha doesn't look like a seasoned hockey vet. In fact he doesn't look like he's played at all.

Given your reaction to all this, maybe Trouba would have gained your respect if he'd said "Tell that little p***y of a film maker to f*** off and stick his camera up his ass. What a dick. His movies f***ing suck too -- shittiest filmaker on the planet." Better?

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I didn't even get all the way through three pages of this thread. Still, here's the quick tally of what many of you collectively threw at Trouba:

f*** You
Dick
Dirty POS
GTFO
Soft
Asshole (x3)
Godawful
Sucks
Go f*** yourself

I'm sure none of you have met him but you're all making judgements because you don't like how he plays on the ice. In fact, I suspect you know almost nothing about Trouba.

And whether or not you like the fact that he raised the issue of that poor young golfer or not, he's not wrong. The bottom line is society LOVES to bully via the anonymity of social media or video blogs.

Pasha (whoever the hell he is) wouldn't dare spout off his little diatribe to Trouba -- and neither would any of you. However, don't for a second think that an online mob cannot really negatively impact some people. And I expect in most cases we don't know that until it's too late.

By the way, apologies if I'm wrong but Pasha doesn't look like a seasoned hockey vet. In fact he doesn't look like he's played at all.

Given your reaction to all this, maybe Trouba would have gained your respect if he'd said "Tell that little p***y of a film maker to f*** off and stick his camera up his ass. What a dick. His movies f***ing suck too -- shittiest filmaker on the planet." Better?
How he plays on the ice is a direct indicator of a major component of his character lmao, he's out there throwing flying elbows at people and trying to injure them or end careers.

I don't care if he's rescuing puppies from burning buildings off the ice, he's a violent, hypocritical douche.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
How he plays on the ice is a direct indicator of a major component of his character lmao, he's out there throwing flying elbows at people and trying to injure them or end careers.

I don't care if he's rescuing puppies from burning buildings off the ice, he's a violent, hypocritical douche.
Well, congratulations. You can add violent, hypocritical and douche to the list.

Some of you people (actually, you in particular) seem really really angry.

I'm sorry. That must suck.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob

Yeah how dare we make judgements about a guy running around with flying elbows and scrambling peoples brains. Do people not understand it’s still real life with real life consequences? He’s a bad person. I don’t get the disconnect

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
Shitty people can do good things, and good people can do shitty things.

Even if the right message is coming for the wrong reasons, so be it (i'm not accusing Trouba here.. just broadly speaking). Get the right message out there.

Not a good comparison but... I find John Tortorella very annoying. But he rescues dogs on his own time - and i think that's pretty cool. But still f*** John Tortorella in the grand scheme of things.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Trouba the hockey player, recognize his dangerous play, and likely won't care for him outside the rink. But i'm not going to beat him up here if he's actually being earnest. Though I do see the irony.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dialamo and Viqsi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad