Trouba proves he’s the biggest joke in the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Pasha is a troll, most of his comments are just fuel engagement just like that entire podcast is. It's the social media world where hot takes and saying weird shit is absurdly the elixir to getting a viral clip. That being said, there's nothing wrong with what he said. He didn't demean his wife's job, all he said he was that Trouba should know better about the dangers of brain injuries considering his wife works in that field with the way that Trouba plays.

Well said, the podcast is garbage, and anyone listens to it, well that's that their issue.
I fail to see how the career of Dr. Trouba has any bearing or guidance on the career of J. Trouba in relation to their daily work.

Reactions: Mr Bojanglez

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I fail to see how the career of Dr. Trouba has any bearing or guidance on the career of J. Trouba in relation to their daily work.

So it's ok for Trouba to maim people in the head and then cry about mental health? Sorry that's not how that works, that's flat out hypocrisy. Saying Trouba and his wife should have a convo about his play style is clearly a tongue in cheek comment by Pasha saying that Trouba should know better on his own with who he's married to. Chris Simon just died of CTE related issues in his NHL career. You can't have your cake and eat it too with this topic.

Roomtemperature

Apr 8, 2008
New Jersey
So nobody can say anything about any hockey player unless its positive according to Trouba? Hockey discussion can and does exist. Its not like the podcast said "Hey harass Jacob Trouba directly and post this at him all the time" If anything Trouba should be mad at this Twitter culture about narcing things out repeatedly by people looking to stir shit up.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I think the general point of those "against" Trouba is that he's the last person who should be talking about people should be more conscious of another person's health, whether it be mental health or physical health, considering how he plays.

Trouba's using athlete suicide to clap back at criticisms of him is akin to a schoolyard bully who makes other kids' lives living hell every day responding to criticisms of his behavior with, "guys we should be nicer to one another because teenage suicide rates are sky high".
I don't think he's a particularly good advocate either, but that doesn't justify this kind of recklessness. It's being almost as dangerously reckless as he himself is on the ice.

* * *​
What a joke. Athletes are allowed to be criticized publicly. It absolutely is a part of the job. If he can't handle that, if a f***ing Spittin' Chiclets video is going to make him suicidal, then he should get out of the league as he's not mentally strong enough to handle this. He's getting paid $8m a year to put on hockey skates and chase the puck around like a goon.

Your white-knighting is utterly pointless and a total waste of time in this thread
No shit it's part of the job. That's not my point. My point is that the fact that he brought suicide up is a serious red flag that there may be something seriously wrong with him, and the consequences of making wrong presumptions in that can be lethal.

I'm not saying all should be forgiven. f*** that. The guy's potentially damaged people. But when you see a red flag like that, prudence and caution demand that one at least investigate before jumping to conclusions about why it came up. Don't just immediately assume he's crying wolf.

* * *​
Maybe he should stop contributing to future mental health problems of his opponents?
Absolutely he should. That shit's got to stop. Needed to stop long ago. But that doesn't excuse jumping to conclusions on this particular red flag like many here are doing.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It can be investigated by people who know and work with him, not this board.

No one here is in a position to reach out to Trouba. You can send him a nice DM, and he might appreciate that if he got it, but that’s it.

And this might not mean anything more than “being mean is bad” in a more general way. Or an attempt to get the people directly attacking him off his back.

Who knows what he meant?

I find it kind of manipulative and passive aggressive but I don’t pretend to know what‘s up with Trouba personally.

We don’t know the guy, and we’ll very likely never hear what he meant by this, so it’s kind of pointless to act like this is cry for help we all have to heed.
True, and I'm not acting like this definitely is that. I'm saying that the possibility that it is that is such that jumping to conclusions is an extremely bad idea.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
People don’t want criticism but they want accountability. They want to call everybody a narcissist and cut out toxic people yet enable them through pathological empathy.
If he'd reacted with just about anything else I'd be right there with you dumping on the asshole. But that's too dangerous of a red flag to make assumptions.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
Spittin Chiclets is garbage. When it isn't braindead hockey thesaurus ranting like "Oh yah sweet lettuce, Whit, did you see him rifle the one time to the top shelf where momma hides the biskets Bizzer?!", then it's Least Common Denominator Fandom shockjockeying like this.

Puke.

If he didn't elbow people in the head so frequently his messages about other people's health wouldn't ring so hollow. :dunno:

You mean elbow people on the back, so hard that they played the next shift no problem?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
As a Devils fan, I hate this Twat.

As to Trouba... Some of you in this thread are monsters and I hope you never have to suffer any anxiety or mental illness as I don't think you'd be able to handle it well. I think Trouba was well justified. Criticize his play then move on, there is no meed to dig at his off-ice initiatives or his wife (which is lower than dirt).
I have anxiety and depression and think Trouba is a off base here, buddy.

Grayson Murray had actual issues, Trouba doesn't deserve to speak his name in this light.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Professional athletes who cry about criticism will never have my sympathy. Reading what the internet has to say about you is a choice. Worse, caring about what the internet says is a choice. You don't have to do either of those things, morbid curiosity is not actually a good reason for why you go down a social media spiral.

Getting criticized by a million randoms is one of the downsides that comes with the job of being professional athletes. Telling the fans or media to "do better" is weenie behaviour, just ignore them and go buy a new underground sauna or something.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Lot of fans of a franchise that employed Scott Stevens suddenly worried about headshots.

90% of Trouba's so-called "head shots" are legal hits that casuals who never played can't tell apart from headhunting. You don't know what you're looking at, sorry.

Ah, the classic whatabouttism. I've said multiple times on our board and literally said today that Scott Stevens got away with the garbage he did because of the era he played in. If Trouba played in the 90's and 2000's, he'd get away with it too. Grow up and realize the NHL is a completely different game now than it was back then.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Keep it simple because there are too many connections to make between epilepsy, brain issues, head trauma and what Trouba tries to do on the ice.

Look at it like this, say Trouba wins an award for his leadership abilities based on a charity helping out minorities in various ways and his wife being a big political advocate for various minorities. At the same time Trouba is also known for constantly throwing out racial slurs while playing hockey.

You play hockey like this, while you have a charity for this. Make sense?

That obviously was all hyperbolic and hypothetical, but just dumbing it down as much as possible to show why merely bringing up a topic isn't shitting on the topic. The topic being his wife and charity.

PeE eL DuBoiS

Send ze caviar to mah chambers, peasant
Mar 31, 2022
I don't know this Pasha dude but I would not blame him if he doubled down in response to Trouba's tweet, calling him out for being a hypocrite as well as being a dirty plug.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
A lot of assuming takes place in threads about Trouba. The biggest one being that Trouba is actively trying to injure people as opposed to making piss poor split second decisions.

Thank you for pointing this out. Theres a difference between shit decision making and actually being a danger.

Theres also the factor of 'when you play on the line occasionally it gets crossed.'

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
A lot of assuming takes place in threads about Trouba. The biggest one being that Trouba is actively trying to injure people as opposed to making piss poor split second decisions.

I could name a lot of different types of people who make various types of "piss poor split second decisions" with no malice the rest of the time and they are still considered pretty terrible.

While I understand how fun it is to learn new phrases, that one in particular is more so aimed at talking about things like getting cut off in traffic. Was it on purpose or did the person just zone out for a second like everyone does? Not really meant for repeatedly trying to elbow peers in the head.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Thank you for pointing this out. Theres a difference between shit decision making and actually being a danger.

Theres also the factor of 'when you play on the line occasionally it gets crossed.'
Still needs to be criticized as there are real life consequences. Same with Rempe, I don't know if he's trying to injure people on purpose or if he's just trying to mark his place in the league and help his team with big hits. But when him missing marginally turns into other players getting concussed, that is still bad, even if he wasn't trying to injure them.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012

Exactly, like drunk driving. Which category does that fall under though, if you are making me choose one.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Pasha Eshghi seems to just be an anti-NYR social media troll. If you look at his social media, like 90% of it is anti-Rangers hating. Trouba's biggest mistake is to even engage and give this guy attention.

It also seems fairly obvious that Spittin' Chiclets just have him on the show, so they can have that guy spout controversial 'hot takes' that they know will trigger a reaction, but if the backlash gets too hot they can just disassociate and cancel that guy rather than getting auto-cancelled themselves i.e. a classic talk radio schtick. It's cheap, no value content aimed at their room temperature IQ following.

But Trouba *should* know all of that and know how to deal with that stuff. It's common enough in sports. Even college athletes have to deal with that crap, and they're 18-19 year old kids, not 30 year old veteran leaders of an NHL team.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad