Trouba MASSIVE hit on Meier

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I hope Timo is ok, but you just can't cross the blueline with your head down and bent over at the waist like this. Especially with Trouba on the ice. He's got to know who he's out against.

Trouba-Hit-Meier-1.png

Trouba-Hit-Meier-2.png

Il Stugotz

Dude Good (good dude)
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
I’ve had problems with a lot of Trouba’s hits but not this one. He doesn’t raise his elbow and he doesn’t pick the head.

Reactions: iDangleDangle

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Principal point of contact was his f***ing nose

Because he was carrying his head where his chest should have been

In determining whether contact with an opponent’s head was avoidable, the circumstances of the hit including the following shall be considered:

(i) Whether the player attempted to hit squarely through the opponent’s body and the head was not “picked” as a result of poor timing, poor angle of approach, or unnecessary extension of the body upward or outward

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Surprised he didn't see that mack truck heading straight at him. Ooof
He needs to be aware when a player like Trouba is on the ice also and think maybe I shouldn’t keep my head down. F*** around and find out lol

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Almost feels like the Mitchell hit on Toews back in the day. Unsuspecting and caught with their head down but legal. Cant remember if Mitchell got as much of the head area but similar lead up to the hit

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Dangerous, predatory play, like we used to see a lot in the NHL. It was in no way necessary.

We shouldn't want this in the league anymore, if we want players to have long, decently healthy careers.

Edit: The irony is not lost on me that this happened to a New Jersey player.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
lmao @ the doctor who cleared Meier to go out there and shake hands with Trouba in the line.

Like i'm pretty sure he technically died for a moment. They're like, yeah, sure...that seems find send him back out.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
And what's Trouba supposed to do? Gently tap Meier on the shoulder and say "Hey buddy just an FYI I'm on the ice now"
You can hit someone in the shoulder without hitting them in the head....or chest or pretty much anywhere else. You see it all the time not sure how hard it is to explain something obvious.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Predatory hit in retaliation to the Shesterkin “interference” and losing the series.

Trouba loves to give his fellow professionals concussions. “Keep your head up kid” they say.. he says “f*** your retirement kid” and tries to disconnect people’s brain stems from their spines.

Enjoy your summers Rangers. Great effort lol

yeaher

May 3, 2019
It's not a clean hit. He hits the guy in the head initially. Every year its the same old, same old with this guy.

Reactions: ZJuice

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
You can hit someone in the shoulder without hitting them in the head....or chest or pretty much anywhere else. You see it all the time not sure how hard it is to explain something obvious.

yeah, when they keep their head up. Not when their head is below their shoulder level lol. "Keep your head up" is not a peewee refrain just because it sounds catchy

yeaher

May 3, 2019
Just because there is head contact doesn't mean it's an illegal check. I think he got enough body there and Meier was eligible to be hit.

Trouba didn't do anything (ie. jumping, chicken wing etc) to target the head. He definitely hits him in the head first, but that's only due to Meier bending over. His trajectory is right through the body.

I think these are the kinds of things that will play into any supplemental discipline (imo doubtful), and likely why a penalty wasn't called on the ice.

He is a professional hockey player, he targeted Meier's head, and thus hit his head. These excuses and bending of physics for Troubie is getting old.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
yeah, when they keep their head up. Not when their head is below their shoulder level lol. "Keep your head up" is not a peewee refrain just because it sounds catchy
McCabe popped Laine right in the chest without initially hitting his head when he was skating with his head down from receiving a pass must be too hard for a guy like Trouba to bother aiming unless its for the head of course.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Can't help but find the irony in this hit as we are approaching the 20th anniversary of the Stevens/Kariya check. The circumstances with that hit were different, but the hits themselves are basically identical. But yeah, keep it saying it's clean when the NHL created a rule to specifically address these exact hits. I'd rather have star players not get concussed on predatory hits, thank you.

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
Almost feels like the Mitchell hit on Toews back in the day. Unsuspecting and caught with their head down but legal. Cant remember if Mitchell got as much of the head area but similar lead up to the hit

This one?

I can see the similarities, but here Toews was receiving a suicide pass on his half of the ice vs skating the puck with his head down for multiple strides through the most dangerous zone on the ice

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Meier's head isn't down, he's trying to play the puck and in a skating motion most times has you in a bent position. Completely predatory and Trouba has the responsibility on his end too to let up.

That's three gamer right there that he's getting the Tom Wilson treatment he got early on. As Forrest said, "Stupid is what stupid does" and the NHL is pretty stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: HOOats

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
McCabe popped Laine right in the chest without initially hitting his head when he was skating with his head down from receiving a pass must be too hard for a guy like Trouba to bother aiming unless its for the head of course.

Jake McCabe - 6'0
Patrik Laine - 6'5

Jacob Trouba - 6'3
Timo Meier - 6'0

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
This one?

I can see the similarities, but here Toews was receiving a suicide pass on his half of the ice vs skating the puck with his head down for multiple strides through the most dangerous zone on the ice

Thats the one. By similarties to the lead up I mean 2 players where they didnt realize where the opposing player was. Mitchell wasnt in a normal spot because he came out of the penalty box, Trouba wasnt normally where he'd be because he just came off the bench

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
The intention was dirty with an intent to hurt but the hit was clean. Not sure how you can take that type of hit out of the game when a player puts himself in a bad position. A player skating with his head forward looking at the puck shouldn’t be deemed untouchable and get a free pass. The only way to take that hit out of the game is to take the open ice hit out of the game which I would hate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad