Trouba MASSIVE hit on Meier

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Devils players on the ice seemed to think it was clean judging by their lack of response. I hate Trouba but not much he could have done with Meier putting himself in a vulnerable position. Sure it's easy to watch a replay and say he could have done something else but this is a game 7 3rd period with his team down. He's not going to pull up.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Trouba (and Wilson) aren't particularly dirty, they just hit really f***ing hard. I say this as someone that hates the Rags and is indifferent on the Caps.

The real dirty players are the ones pulling slimy shit like Tkachuk, Kadri, etc

Saw this on Twitter:

Trouba is the dirtiest "clean" player I've ever seen.

Personally I don't think it's a coincidence that he keeps injuring skilled players with borderline hits.
*hardest hitting clean player

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Bunting barely touches Cernak in the Leafs/Lightning series who was also leaning down which allowed his head to get clipped equals 3 game suspension. Trouba purposely goes for the hit on Meier equals fine with not even a penalty. Makes perfect sense. :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Personally I think both hits were fine, but its clear refs and the league don't judge things equally in a balanced manner.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
I can't even begin to express my surprise that Trouba decided to goon it up when his team was losing.

Who would have expected someone with such a sterling reputation to do that?
Ur right he should’ve just stopped playing, the game was over anyways :rolleyes:

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Bunting barely touches Cernak in the Leafs/Lightning series who was also leaning down which allowed his head to get clipped equals 3 game suspension. Trouba purposely goes for the hit on Meier equals fine with not even a penalty. Makes perfect sense. :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Personally I think both hits were fine, but its clear refs and the league don't judge things equally in a balanced manner.
Difference between a blindside hit and coming straight at a guy

Reactions: iDangleDangle

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
I’d love to see how the “Keep your head up crowd” would react to receiving a hit like this. The pseudo tough guy acts from people involved with hockey are embarrassing. This is straight through Meier’s head and it’s absolutely disgusting

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
What the hell is Ray Ferraro talking about? Meier doesn’t see Trouba because Trouba is coming off bench?????

Trouba was right in front of Meier. Right smack in front of him. If Meier didn’t see him it’s because his head was down - which is a death wish. Nothing but White Ranger jersies in front of him.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Cernak never had the puck my dude. Trouba didn't jump into the hit.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
What the hell is Ray Ferraro talking about? Meier doesn’t see Trouba because Trouba is coming off bench?????

Trouba was right in front of Meier. Right smack in front of him. If Meier didn’t see him it’s because his head was down - which is a death wish. Nothing but White Ranger jersies in front of him.
I think the point is that the Devils are generally aware of when Trouba is on the ice because they know the risk of a hit like that. Trouba wasn’t on the ice at the start of Meier’s shift—and only came on when Meier wasn’t looking.

Meier could surely see the Ranger player at the blueline—he just wasn’t aware who it was. It was a matter of not seeing that it was Trouba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad