Trouba MASSIVE hit on Meier

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
The Devils responded. They added to their lead and laughed at Trouba as he left the ice. Why let a mediocre player like Trouba throw you off your game?
You know what i mean. I understand them capitalizing on the board but there should have been a physical response by NJ. Stevens back in the day would have taken Trouba head off, that’s all I’m saying.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
My issue is how far away he lines him up.

Very predatory. He definitely takes a run.

Maybe be legal but it's a hit that could severely injure another player.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
In a way, you could argue that it was just unlucky.

But it's Trouba, so it was a deliberate hit to the head.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Strange that Trouba keeps hitting people clean through the body, but their heads keep getting in the way of his elbow first. Must be a coincidence.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The hit was “clean” by the rule book, but that hit is as predatory as they come. The puck wasn’t anywhere near Meier at the tume, Trouba’s only goal was driving through his face.

NHL Fanatik

Off the Naughty List
Mar 1, 2023
circa 2011
There are going to be polarizing views on this hit.
Mine is pretty black and white.

This Trouba hit on Meier, as the rules are constructed, is mostly legal

But if the league cares about its players like it claims, then these types of hits need to be penalized

I care more about player safety than some highlight-reel hit. Some dont. Thats really the only difference and is why most guys laying such hits have a history of doing so

Reactions: vildurson

NJDevilsFan21

Trade Everyone!!
Nov 10, 2006
At least the four New Jersey players that did nothing can take comfort in the scoreboard. I guess

2-0 game with over 14 minutes left. Keeping their cool was the best thing they could have done at that point in the game. I was worried for a little bit we were about to take an emotional roughing, instigator, or other stupid penalty. That hit had the potential to really change the momentum the game, especially if NYR received a PP on it and scored.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
League proves time and time again what a clown show it truly is. Clean, dirty, legal or not...don't care..get rid of that trash.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Why not talk about the goalie shooting the puck at a Devil after what he thought was a goal. Lundquist 2.0, complete with loser attitude.

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
The only positive we Ranger fans can take away from the series. 0 goals 0 assists minus 3 and laid the f*** out

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
I’d love to see how the “Keep your head up crowd” would react to receiving a hit like this. The pseudo tough guy acts from people involved with hockey are embarrassing. This is straight through Meier’s head and it’s absolutely disgusting
Lol, I’ve been drilled like that in football. It ain’t fun but it’s part of the game. At least for a few more years until they take out hitting completely. Which will happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad