Speculation: Trouba Contract Discussion Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Now that the tournament is over for Trouba, and TC is starting up, we should now be getting into the nitty-gritty of the discussions.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Here's hoping we get a Trouba signing ASAP. I'm feeling very optimistic today. A first day of camp signing would be cause for some celebrating.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
RFA remaining D

Lindholm
Trouba
Ristolainen
Nesterov

RFA remaining F

Gaudreau
Kucherov
Rakell
Rieder

Who goes first?

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
6 or 7. Don't want to be renegotiating a new contract at the same time they are renegotiating Schief's next time around. 6 x 5.2; 7 x 5.5. Fine with either.

I'm not so concerned about that. If he does re-sign it will be because he thinks this is a good situation for him long term. If that changes along the way he can be traded or what have you.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I may have terrible Vision or the Pic is way 2 small to tell but... Illegal Curve tweeted out a pic of the Jets players on the ice at the iceplex right now and it looks to me like number 8 Trouba is one of them, maybe it's number 80 something but from the pic, it does look like trouba to me.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
You know all along I've thought "no worries, it's just standard negotiating tactics", and then "he's at the World Cup, no worries".

Well I'm still not worried today. But this weekend is when something really should happen. If Monday comes and Trouba is not in camp, hasn't signed, I'll start to worry. Not panic, but begin to worry.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Man I hope it is in the next couple of days. Lets get this done.

WCH over, TC started. Give the WCH players a couple of days off. Sign Monday if they have been at all close for the last couple of weeks/months.

All the angst, worry, speculation till now has been premature. Now it gets serious. If he doesn't sign Monday he is a TC holdout and we are getting Overhardted.

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
I may have terrible Vision or the Pic is way 2 small to tell but... Illegal Curve tweeted out a pic of the Jets players on the ice at the iceplex right now and it looks to me like number 8 Trouba is one of them, maybe it's number 80 something but from the pic, it does look like trouba to me.

Nik's back!

antropov-nik-130316-thumb-620xauto-309834.jpg

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Getting interesting now. If he isn't signed I see it not as a Overhardt issue, but I failure by both Chevy & Overhardt to find common ground.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Agree. He might not be the best young stud defenseman, but he's ours. He's good enough to carry that role.

6 x 5.25
7 x 5.50
8 x 5.75

:nod:

Maybe slight overpays but I could live with any of those numbers. Question is can Overhardt/Trouba?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
2 years at 4.7 average, then eventually traded to Buffalo for Ristolainen.

I could live with that.

Good god no!!!! That is not 2 year bridge deal money. That is 5-6 year long term money. The high end among recent D signings is Hamilton at 6x5.75. Regardless of how the contract is written up - front load, back load, lockout protected, etc. the reality is that the early, RFA years contribute much less to the total than the later, UFA years.

A 2 year bridge deal would average around 3 mil +- a couple of 00k. 2 years totaling 4.7 would be closer.

Last edited:

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
A 2 year bridge deal would average around 3 mil +- a couple of 00k. 2 years totaling 4.7 would be closer.

Agreed - look at Trouba's North American teammate Ryan Murray and his current deal. I'd say Trouba's worth a little more than Murray.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Good god no!!!! That is not 2 year bridge deal money. That is 5-6 year long term money. The high end among recent D signings is Hamilton at 6x5.75. Regardless of how the contract is written up - front load, back load, lockout protected, etc. the reality is that the early, RFA years contribute much less to the total that the later, UFA years.

I could live with trading him for Ristolainen.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad