Confirmed with Link: Cole Perfetti signed 2X 3.25AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
If I were an NHL GM, I'd be looking to either bridge or low-ball literally every player for first extension aside from absolute no-doubters - Probably the only two players in Jets 2.0 history I'd have been comfortable not bridging would have been Trouba and Morrissey - Maybe Ehlers depending on exact terms. I was just so comfortable with those players' floors I'd have been willing to inject more contract risk.

(That list is just based off on-ice stuff, obviously)

Wouldn't that make all your long term deals more expensive?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Solid deal for both sides, Cole gets his prove it type of deal and Jets save on cap during next two years. I like it

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Wouldn't that make all your long term deals more expensive?

Yup and it would be a quick way to cap strap a team. You do need to make some bets early to get some long term cap savings.

Solid deal for both sides, Cole gets his prove it type of deal and Jets save on cap during next two years. I like it

Let's just hope Chevy doesn't blow the savings on a long term extension to Pionk or another $6 million bottom pairing dmen.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
WHO cost Cole his goals bonus?

View attachment 909110

Yeah, Cole had no chance at all to score in those 23 games in a row there. All Bowness's fault

Cole was scratched for 11 games - those are games had had no chance to score

He played in 71 - lots of chances for a few more but COLE failed

Just lol.
A quarter of the season with out a goal.
GM said we need top 6 reinforcements bc of his inability to score.
Hopefully he has a better season, and is scheifele circa 2016 like some suggest.

This man had a 25 game goalless drought and not only was he not scratched, he received top-6 ice-time:
a2.png

a1.png

Every player goes through scoring droughts. To scratch a player who had been giving you fantastic top-6 level production is confusing behavior at best. The man missed his bonus by 1 goal, it is strange to suggest that that didn't have to do with the pointless scratches.

Reactions: Bigfish

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
Because this happened late do we count this as happening on Tuesday

It’s been Tuesday for a while here. Some of us listen to jazz or mellow music or try to kip in the nap rooms, others scour the nets for the latest Jets bargaining updates…

Hoped for term but price is right. If all goes well the next one will cost a lot more. Well done, and now onto the real tests.

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
This man had a 25 game goalless drought and not only was he not scratched, he received top-6 ice-time:
View attachment 909129
View attachment 909128

Every player goes through scoring droughts. To scratch a player who had been giving you fantastic top-6 level production is confusing behavior at best. The man missed his bonus by 1 goal, it is strange to suggest that that didn't have to do with the pointless scratches.
Sorry, when was Mason Appleton in the top-six and who supports him being a top-six player?

Isn't Appleton mostly used on D-zone draws and pk... this is not an apples to apples comparison (pun intended). Perfetti was NOT giving top-6 level production during his goal/points drought.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Sorry, when was Mason Appleton in the top-six and who supports him being a top-six player?

Isn't Appleton mostly used on D-zone draws and pk... this is not an apples to apples comparison (pun intended). Perfetti was NOT giving top-6 level production during his goal/points drought.

Byfield also had a 23 game drought and didn't see a loss of minutes if you want an apple to apple comp. Other coaches handle younger players differently.

It's done now, Bones is gone, the contract is inked and I'm sure Cole has a chip on his shoulder entering the year. I expect a strong year.

Reactions: Jack7222

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
Byfield also had a 23 game drought and didn't see a loss of minutes if you want an apple to apple comp. Other coaches handle younger players differently.

It's done now, Bones is gone, the contract is inked and I'm sure Cole has a chip on his shoulder entering the year. I expect a strong year.
What happened to a player on another team is complety irrelevant. The Kings weren't a serious playoff contender and they had much better offensive support (8 players over 40 points to Winnipeg's 4) so they could afford to give ice time to a player in a slump. Winnipeg was trying to win the conference and was struggling offensively and had to grab some offensive pickups around trade deadline.

Last edited:
Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
What happened to a player on another team is complete irrelevant. The Kings weren't a serious playoff contender and they had much better offensive support (8 players over 40 points to Winnipeg's 4) so they could afford to give ice time to a player in a slump. Winnipeg was trying to win the cup and was struggling offensively and had to grab some offensive pickups around trade deadline.

The point is that they chose a different method on dealing with a slumping player. The Canes did the same with Jarvis the year prior and they were a serious contender.

Also please don't give me that the Kings aren't trying to win a cup while they still have Doughty and Kopitar as strong players.

Bones chose his method on how he wanted to deal with it. Some other coaches would have chosen differently.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I guess in the off season there isn’t allot to talk about legitimately but Chevy and the Jets have a way of getting these deals done. I wasn’t worried, nor was I all that interested since I knew it was going to work itself out.

Fair deal, now Cole has a chance to go out and “show us” for his next pay day.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Mathil8

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
View attachment 909129
View attachment 909128

I think it's strange to suggest that someone who had 71 chances to score his one precious goal isn't to blame for not doing it

His job is to produce when he's in the top six. The player you've outlined has a different role. Had he not done his role, he'd have been scratched too

You do know that different players on the team play different roles based on their strengths and weaknesses, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad