GDT: Preseason Games 2 & 3, Oilers Flames in a Double header beer leaguer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Brown is a veteran of 290 games lol. You think this is indicative of anything? We’re a few days into camp lol.

I swear every year on here is like going through pre season with brand new fans who have never experienced pre season before.
Lol so if he's played 290 NHL games it makes him a good player? He was on a garbage Arizona team and he played so bad there.

Heck even reporters were wondering why we gave the guy 1 million AND 3 years

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Lol so if he's played 290 NHL games it makes him a good player? He was on a garbage Arizona team and he played so bad there.

Seems like you and a few others have a pre conceived notion about the player and are taking games 1-2 in pre season looking for validation. Brown is like 4 rounds of cuts away from competing for a spot.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Are you gonna vomit again?

Jeff Skinner and Victor Arvidsson had much worse games than Brown.

Also the 3 years isn't relevant.

Are you signing his paychecks?

Reactions: MessierII

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

I didn't see either of them pass pucks to the opposing players behind the net lol

Seems like you and a few others have a pre conceived notion about the player and are taking games 1-2 in pre season looking for validation. Brown is like 4 rounds of cuts away from competing for a spot.
Yeah well we will see if its just rust and see if he improves. I'd gladly eat my words if he gets better.

Also the 3 years isn't relevant.

Are you signing his paychecks?
What's your problem with me Tobias? Seriously? I'd like to know. I have my own opinion on a player and you go off like this. Are you his agent?

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
While J. Brown looked terrible it's too early to write off anyone who is in strong consideration for an NHL job and Stecher while looking pretty shaky himself I thought his 3rd period was clearly his best.

Of the in CGY squad Gleason was hands down our best d-man IMO.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I didn't see either of them pass pucks to the opposing players behind the net lol

Yeah well we will see if its just rust and see if he improves. I'd gladly eat my words if he gets better.

What's your problem with me Tobias? Seriously? I'd like to know. I have my own opinion on a player and you go off like this. Are you his agent?
Can I not dispute your posts and overreactions about everything?

Are you signing his paychecks, the 3 years isnt relevant.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Can I not dispute your posts and overreactions about everything?

Are you signing his paychecks, the 3 years isnt relevant.
You dispute the majority of my posts and you act like I'm the only one who overreacts. I'd like to know why you only attack me

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
preseason is impossible to decipher. some players give their all some none, ad everything in between.

Cooley gave it his all, and was great, he still isn't making the Flames, unless there is an injury.

arguing over players and their games when you have no clue of their effort level and approach is a waste of time.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Two disjointed efforts.

In both games the defence couldn't keep containment on the rush. Though I feel like most all of the goals were missed assignments, or nice execute from Calgary. More "that was ugly" vs. "wtf are you doing?!" Though cuts should be pretty straightforward as not many stood out in a positive light.

I don't like judging guys in their first game, unless there are outright ugly, but Kemp was bad. On a night were most of the goals were more communication breakdowns, his individual work on Calgary's 6th was impressively horrid.

I thought Stecher got better and settled down after getting beat on Calgary's 2nd goal. See my first sentence in the paragraph above, that's doublely true when coming back from injury/surgry. I still think he has the inside line for the spot next to Nurse.

Is it wrong I have Gleason ahead of Dermott? He's actually been pretty solid defensively through two games and has (imo) stolen Kemp's spot in the conversation for the #6/7 job.

The team should still be active on the waiver wire.

Also I liked Lavoie, even if Cooley had his number all night. I feel like he did a nice job figuring out what Drai wanted to do and finding open ice.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I didn't watch both games, but judging by the boxscore, it seems our newer guys were being outscored and outplayed by a team that knows this is the only time they can beat us if we have split rosters. I'm not worried at the least. Call me when we lose like this in the regular season when it matters more.

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad