GDT: Preseason Games 2 & 3, Oilers Flames in a Double header beer leaguer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I really like the combination of cycle work and shooting mentality. I'm not sure where he fits, but we should keep him up.
If he continues to get a couple of those bombs away a game he will do just fine and pot 15 goals at least he had 7 shots on net tonight 11 in 1st 2 games he is getting into the right spots

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Nothing bodes anything right now lol.

Hilarious how the pre season overreactions happen every year. People really never learn.
You can take some things. If a guy isn’t putting effort in or looks slow they aren’t really trying. If a player is looking overwhelmed in preseason, that’s definitely a concern.

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Screenshot_20240923_203312.jpg

Is that a glitch, btw

• Wow
Reactions: Giggleplex

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
You can take some things. If a guy isn’t putting effort in or looks slow they aren’t really trying. If a player is looking overwhelmed in preseason, that’s definitely a concern.
Depends on the player. Vets at this point are skating at like 30%. The only people you can start to evaluate somewhat this early on are junior players PTO’s and tweeners who have some chance.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Depends on the player. Vets at this point are skating at like 30%. The only people you can start to evaluate somewhat this early on are junior players PTO’s and tweeners who have some chance.
I get that. But I mean the mental side really.
Ekholm let a guy go past him he normally wouldn’t earlier. You could tell he still knew what to do but he wasn’t putting in full effort so he didn’t get there. He can still clearly do what he needs to do and you can see that. Brown made a few awful plays him his game for example where it didn’t even look like he knew what to do. And this is a guy fighting for a spot.

Dermott won't get an NHL contract.

Brown will be sent to the minors.

Stetcher is a #7.

We should be okay.
Then who is our #6 if Brown is down and Stetcher is our #7?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Ekholm let a guy go past him he normally wouldn’t earlier. You could tell he still knew what to do but he wasn’t putting in full effort so he didn’t get there. He can still clearly do what he needs to do and you can see that. Brown made a few awful plays him his game for example where it didn’t even look like he knew what to do. And this is a guy fighting for a spot.

Then who is our #6 if Brown is down and Stetcher is our #7?
A 1 Shouldered Klefbom could do better i bet

Reactions: McTonyBrar

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Just preseason but hope the team is ready to go when the season starts. I haven’t loved the way this team starts the season going back a few years now.

Pretty terrible night of goaltending though. Hopefully Skinner is sharp when he gets a start.

Reactions: Vagabond

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011

Then who is our #6 if Brown is down and Stetcher is our #7
Apparently you don’t get that because you just typed a whole lot of sentences complaining about plays by vets lol. Even guys like Brown are skating at 30% at best right now. This is literally the very start of camp. Those guys are just going for a skate and feeling some pucks. Start to get your timing on things. There’s still two rounds of cuts before those players start ramping up.

Reactions: Oilhawks

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Interesting interview with McDavid & Hyman on the Amazon series.

"Well, I wasn't trying to be the star of the show, but somehow I found myself front and center I guess, so... Uhh... Yeah, certainly some vulnerable moments there." - McDavid

😂

I'm pumped.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad