OT - NO POLITICS Trick or Treat, Foliage, and possibly Snow Oh NO!!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
yeah here too but as you know, some will test the system but the teller at the grocery store wasn`t having any of it, I think if it was a younger cashier she wouldn`t have had the confidence to simply tell the customer she can`t have all the packs of TP

I don`t know, I think it`s wise to be or get prepared when we are in for a bit of a rough go here for the short term future as trucks carrying goods into BC simply can`t get to their destinations but it`s also imperative, IMO, to simply purchase what we need keeping in mind that their are larger families out there who could use more of the same product than I do

some pictures of the Coquihalla

B.C. floods: Province shares new Coquihalla Highway photos - Victoria Times Colonist

Pictures from the Malahat which starts about 10 minutes from my place which thankfully my wife and I don`t access often

Flooding closes Malahat, Cowichan declares state of local emergency - Victoria Times Colonist
I used to watch Highway to (through?) Hell about the tow truckers that work a lot on the Coq. They see some crazy crap out there :confused:

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Great day here yesterday.Nancy had her surgery. Lymph nodes came back clean. No more cancer!

Thank God. I dont know how much more she can take.

So she has always wanted to see Christmas lights at Disneyworld for Christmas.
I booked yesterday right after surgeon called.

I’ll be gone Nov 29 thru Dec 7.

Thanksgiving has a whole new meaning for us this year.
Great news.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Great day here yesterday.Nancy had her surgery. Lymph nodes came back clean. No more cancer!

Congrats to Nancy, you and your entire family!

Enjoy Disney. It is spectacular at Christmas.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
I lost it today. The universe broke me. Temporarily. This week, this life really, finally caught up to me and I exploded at the self checkouts of stop n shop. I can’t even say I’m embarrassed, cuz f*** it I’m a broken man and I’m struggling to even breathe. It was very out of character for me. The only thing i didn’t like was that i did it in front of my mother. Needless to say i won’t be visiting stop n shop any time soon.

and the day got strange from there. I noticed a friend of my brother posting very alarming things online. I’ve never met or heard of this man. He sends me a message as I’m meeting my kids (whom i haven’t seen in several days now) “call me. SOONER RATHER THAN LATER.” My girlfriend sees it on my face and tells me to step outside and make the call. Long story less long, he knew my brother from backpacking the Midwest years ago. He was HEAVILY intoxicated. I stayed calm and then finally asked if he was safe. He says he’s safe but has had x amount to drink, and he can hear my brother in my voice and that it sounds like he would want him to put the bottle down. I say then f***ing listen and put it down!

i promised i would call him in the morning if he promised to put the whiskey away. The last thing he said to me was “thanks for calling. I think you just saved my life.”

this was 6 hours ago. Im still shaken up. What a f***ing week this is. OH, ran into the man who stopped to assist police at the scene right before my breakdown at the grocery store too.
Sending you more {{{{HUGS}}}} and comforting Blessings.....

Reactions: TD Charlie and BMC

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site

The Bride is a fierce lady.... she's been married to you for how long ???!?

Seriously.....the bestest of news.... Healthy Blessings to her.... have a BRILLIANT holiday!!!

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
yeah here too but as you know, some will test the system but the teller at the grocery store wasn`t having any of it, I think if it was a younger cashier she wouldn`t have had the confidence to simply tell the customer she can`t have all the packs of TP

I don`t know, I think it`s wise to be or get prepared when we are in for a bit of a rough go here for the short term future as trucks carrying goods into BC simply can`t get to their destinations but it`s also imperative, IMO, to simply purchase what we need keeping in mind that their are larger families out there who could use more of the same product than I do

some pictures of the Coquihalla

B.C. floods: Province shares new Coquihalla Highway photos - Victoria Times Colonist

Pictures from the Malahat which starts about 10 minutes from my place which thankfully my wife and I don`t access often

Flooding closes Malahat, Cowichan declares state of local emergency - Victoria Times Colonist

The Lower Mainland and The Island have received between 35 to 50 inches of rain in the past 30 days and is the wettest ever. In a place famous for Rain.
With this past Sunday setting one day records everywhere.
Although it poured and set records for us (and it was a deluge) - the bigger issue is that it didn't pour enough because unfortunately as soon as that storm started to hit the mountains it released so much more as the clouds got trapped.

Hope, which is at the south end of the Coquihalla highway, the old record was 1.4" in a day. It's now 6.9". And that unfortunately isn't an outlier.
The Coquihalla River could be a major problem. It's essentially rapids now, has changed course in multiple spots and has dropped the bottom an estimated 10 feet in other places so the erosion and flooding is going to continue there. We're supposed to have two dry days and then the rain is coming back on Sunday.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Great news! Soak it up

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
So my 2 year old Samsung dishwasher randomly died(I think I can fix it I just have to pull it out from under the counter)... 3 days go by and my furnace dies and a tech comes out and says it has a cracked heat exchange and that's a $2k fix apparently. And just now discovered a roof leak in the master bedroom. all within a week.

What's effing next

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
So my 2 year old Samsung dishwasher randomly died(I think I can fix it I just have to pull it out from under the counter)... 3 days go by and my furnace dies and a tech comes out and says it has a cracked heat exchange and that's a $2k fix apparently. And just now discovered a roof leak in the master bedroom. all within a week.

What's effing next

What god did you piss off for all of this to happen in one week? :eek2:

Whatever you do, don't drive your car....

Reactions: eightspokedb

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
One good thing about apartment living, if something breaks, landlord pays for it.

One of our employees in Texas just moved because her rent was going to increase by over $300 PER MONTH. I'm sorry but that is insane.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
One good thing about apartment living, if something breaks, landlord pays for it.

One of our employees in Texas just moved because her rent was going to increase by over $300 PER MONTH. I'm sorry but that is insane.
The apartment I live in now got sold to a new landlord in October, and the new guy told us he's raising rent by like $200 in December, so that helped me decide to buy a house now instead of waiting. But yeah, the upkeep being on you is going to be a pain. The price you pay for independence.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The Bride is a fierce lady.... she's been married to you for how long ???!?

Seriously.....the bestest of news.... Healthy Blessings to her.... have a BRILLIANT holiday!!!

married 40 years .
Together 43. We started dating when she was 17 and I was 20.
Long, long time ago.

here you can all laugh your asses off.
(Remember it was the 70s)

E6E28576-6D82-4799-A11C-6604258F57E8.jpeg

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
married 40 years .
Together 43. We started dating when she was 17 and I was 20.
Long, long time ago.

here you can all laugh your asses off.
(Remember it was the 70s)

View attachment 481436
You should be proud. Yes 40 years is a longtime, but it doesn’t happen too often. People bail a lot more easily nowadays.
Fly collar man!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
How did you meet?

its a strange story but a true story.
I worked at a Sunoco gas station on the corner of the street she lived on. She got off the bus right there everyday at 3:00.
I said ‘hi’ to her numerous times.
She never responded . Wouldnt even make eye contact with me. Nothing.
So one day Im out there watering the gas station flower bed. I say ‘hi’ as usual. She ignores me as usual.

I then turned the hose on her full blast. Soaked her.
She was pissed.

That night a car pulls in two guys I recognize. Not thinking anything of it I walk up and one of them suckers me with a beer bottle across the face. Only tooth Im missing to this day.

The next day our doorbell rings. Its Nancy with two of her friends. ( they travel in packs). Came to apologize for what her ‘ex boyfriend’did.
Asked how she could make it up to me.
I said go out with me.
She said yes.
That weekend went to see Close Encounters of Third Kind.
We’ve been together ever since.
So help me God. True story .

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

What's effing next
Locusts.

Seriously, I hope nothing is next for your sanity and your wallet :)

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
its a strange story but a true story.
I worked at a Sunoco gas station on the corner of the street she lived on. She got off the bus right there everyday at 3:00.
I said ‘hi’ to her numerous times.
She never responded . Wouldnt even make eye contact with me. Nothing.
So one day Im out there watering the gas station flower bed. I say ‘hi’ as usual. She ignores me as usual.

I then turned the hose on her full blast. Soaked her.
She was pissed.

That night a far pulls in two guys I recognize. Not thinking anything of it I walk up and one of them suckers me with a beer bottle across the face. Only tooth Im missing to this day.

The next day our doorbell rings. Its Nancy with two of her friends. ( they travel in packs). Came to apologize for what her ‘ex boyfriend’did.
Asked how she could make it up to me.
I said go out with me.
She said yes.
That weekend went to see Close Encounters of Third Kind.
We’ve been together ever since.
So help me God. True story .
This is such an awesome story minus the missing tooth.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Got in the car after work and it said I had low tire pressure. Temps dropped pretty quick today. I've been putting off an oil change so I went ahead to get that all taken care of tonight.

Well, apparently my car has a significant oil leak. :confused: So he topped off the oil and all the other fluids and put air in the tires, all at no charge, and I go back Saturday morning to find out how much it's going to cost me to get whatever is wrong fixed.

Not exactly how I wanted to spend my Saturday....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad