OT - NO POLITICS Trick or Treat, Foliage, and possibly Snow Oh NO!!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I’m not going to lie. I feel broken. Call the friend you haven’t talked to, visit the family you haven’t been on great terms with. Tell them you love them because automated voicemails of the deceased are really f***ing awful

It has been 3 years since my soulmate was taken with no warning.

6 hours later she was gone.

I had known her for 35 years and we were an item then but drifted apart but we became close again.

The worst part was her family had no way of letting me know. They knew me by my first name and the Apple store in Braintree would not unlock her phone.

Attachments

• voicemail-from-5086315163--2018-09-24--1843 (1).mp3
    103.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
My daughter asked me if she had to wear a black dress for the services. I asked her what she wanted and she said maybe something that uncle Chris would wear. So we picked out a Grateful Dead youth shirt together and ordered it. Going through my brothers room a little tonight and what do I find? The same shirt, in his size, still in the packaging.
How thoughtful of her. Clearly meant to be. :heart:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Open enrollment starts today

I'm the admin over all of it.

It's online but I feel like this

messy_desk.jpg

Send cookies plz

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My daughter asked me if she had to wear a black dress for the services. I asked her what she wanted and she said maybe something that uncle Chris would wear. So we picked out a Grateful Dead youth shirt together and ordered it. Going through my brothers room a little tonight and what do I find? The same shirt, in his size, still in the packaging.
We will all be thinking of you and your family. :heart:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Anyone ever have luck negotiating items when buying a house?

We're in the middle of buying this house and we finally have the lender all squared away, but the final hurdle is something that was not clearly communicated to us in advance, which is that the current owners put solar panels on the roof and their contract was structured so that they pay a low rate for the first 18 months and then starting in the 19th month it escalates to a higher rate. And it just happens to be the 19th month right now. So we'd have to take on monthly payments for these panels which is twice of what we'd pay for a month of just normal electricity use and the term is 18 more years, by which time that technology will be completely surpassed and the energy industry will be revolutionized. We reached out to the solar company to see what our options were and they were basically like "tough shit, you can't cancel and you can't refinance."

We're going to ask our real estate agent to try to negotiate to get the sellers to buy out the contract or at least give us back some money in order to subsidize half the monthly cost, because it's an absolute money pit and I don't know what the guy was thinking in installing them in the first place. But I don't know if it'll work, we could threaten to walk away over it since they have to move soon and won't want to put it back on the market and might get them to cave. But we also don't want to lose the property after investing the time in it.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
What sucks about being with an attractive woman is everyone always checks her out. Shes at the desk at the optometrist and some dude whos wife went in and he’s holding their 2 babies keeps glancing at my girl.

used to get mad at it. Still do when dudes will like say hi and im right next to her but a friend said to take it as a compliment so I do these days.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

We're in the middle of buying this house and we finally have the lender all squared away, but the final hurdle is something that was not clearly communicated to us in advance, which is that the current owners put solar panels on the roof and their contract was structured so that they pay a low rate for the first 18 months and then starting in the 19th month it escalates to a higher rate. And it just happens to be the 19th month right now. So we'd have to take on monthly payments for these panels which is twice of what we'd pay for a month of just normal electricity use and the term is 18 more years, by which time that technology will be completely surpassed and the energy industry will be revolutionized. We reached out to the solar company to see what our options were and they were basically like "tough shit, you can't cancel and you can't refinance."

We're going to ask our real estate agent to try to negotiate to get the sellers to buy out the contract or at least give us back some money in order to subsidize half the monthly cost, because it's an absolute money pit and I don't know what the guy was thinking in installing them in the first place. But I don't know if it'll work, we could threaten to walk away over it since they have to move soon and won't want to put it back on the market and might get them to cave. But we also don't want to lose the property after investing the time in it.

18 years? Wow.
I hope they had a new roof installed with those panels.
Otherwise you could have additional issues.
Happened to a friend on mine. Roof went bad and he couldnt find anyone to uninstall panels, reroof and the reinstall.
Had to hire all separate contractors. Cost him a fortune.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
18 years? Wow.
Happened to a friend on mine. Roof went bad and he couldnt find anyone to uninstall panels, reroof and the reinstall.

We did the inspection and the roof is good, brand new along with those panels I believe.

We're asking them to pay off the solar before closing. Don't know if it'll work but if we can even get them to pay for half then we'll take it.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
We did the inspection and the roof is good, brand new along with those panels I believe.

We're asking them to pay off the solar before closing. Don't know if it'll work but if we can even get them to pay for half then we'll take it.

well I wish you good luck whatever you decide. Buying a home is always stressful.

Reactions: Ladyfan

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008

I don't know how your real estate agent didn't properly communicate the solar issue to you. I understand investing the time and effort in locating the property but I would walk away if the current owners refuse to help you out. That is an onerous contract with the solar company.

18 years? Wow.

Exactly why I send away all the solar sales people that come to my door. If I ever have a roof problem I don't want to deal with the solar panels.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I like to feed the birds (I am turning into my parents) . Because of squirrels I have a T shaped pole that holds 6 bird feeders.

I noticed yesterday morning all of the feeders were down. The ones that hold the suet bars are up with chains. A couple were broken. The metal chains were snapped. I don't think we have bears and also the suet was broken on the ground and most animals would have eaten it. I think it must have been a human animal.

I went and bought some new chain and a couple of feeders and hope it was a one time thing.

I am leaving my outdoor light on.

This is the biggest bird that visits my feeders.
pileated-woodpecker-male_1421_web1.jpg
No more bird (bear) feeders for me until mid Dec.

A bear destroyed the pole that holds 6 feeders. He broke the heavy pole/ pipe in half and took the feeder with him that held the block of peanut butter / suet.

I did not see him but he left a big pile of bear scat (poop) in the back yard (it was filled with bird seed). Town police said there have been a bunch of bears this year. In my 25 years this is the first I have had them.

The feeder poles cost $250 . I have had the one the bear destroyed (probably tried to climb it) for years. I ordered another and will try to get just the pole up before the ground freezes (it screws in to the ground). No feeders until Dec.

My birds are pissed off. I do throw a hand full of peanuts out for the squirrels and birds. They carry them off quickly so none for the bears (who seem to come at dusk and dawn).

Reactions: BMC

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

That's the issue with not buying the panels outright. You end up having issues if you try to sell the house because it's contracted to keep them up. I'm surprised they're trying to make you jump through the hoops instead of it being on them as the sellers.

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
disgusting display from my fellow Islanders here as supply chain concerns hit us with the massive storm we had a few days ago. One lady in the line next to me with 8-10 24 packs of toilet paper for just her and her roommate which I know as she the woman behind her was furious with her. Thankfully, the cashier was an oldtimer whose done this before, she literally took 5 of the packages out of her cart and put them behind her cash register

Gas lineups crazy, I dunno, the wife and I had so many weather events in Halifax that we know what to do, filled up a few days ago, got what we NEEDED so others who need more have a chance

Reactions: b in vancouver
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad