OT - NO POLITICS Trick or Treat, Foliage, and possibly Snow Oh NO!!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Reactions: Fenway

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
oh my. $500k here would get you 1200 sq feet and 1 bath with no land if you were lucky. In some areas, could be a tear down.

housing in the Boston area is insane. I’m so glad we bought when we did, and I thought it was bad 6 years ago.
I think housing is bad everywhere these days. :help:

Probably why I watch stealth camping videos lately, that will probably have to be my mode of living someday :eek2:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
oh my. $500k here would get you 1200 sq feet and 1 bath with no land if you were lucky. In some areas, could be a tear down.

housing in the Boston area is insane. I’m so glad we bought when we did, and I thought it was bad 6 years ago.

By comparison - look at the selling price of a house in a GOOD neighborhood in Detroit

upload_2021-11-19_0-51-58.png

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
its a strange story but a true story.
I worked at a Sunoco gas station on the corner of the street she lived on. She got off the bus right there everyday at 3:00.
I said ‘hi’ to her numerous times.
She never responded . Wouldnt even make eye contact with me. Nothing.
So one day Im out there watering the gas station flower bed. I say ‘hi’ as usual. She ignores me as usual.

I then turned the hose on her full blast. Soaked her.
She was pissed.

That night a car pulls in two guys I recognize. Not thinking anything of it I walk up and one of them suckers me with a beer bottle across the face. Only tooth Im missing to this day.

The next day our doorbell rings. Its Nancy with two of her friends. ( they travel in packs). Came to apologize for what her ‘ex boyfriend’did.
Asked how she could make it up to me.
I said go out with me.
She said yes.
That weekend went to see Close Encounters of Third Kind.
We’ve been together ever since.
So help me God. True story .
lol.
your stories are the best.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
I worked at a Sunoco gas station on the corner of the street she lived on. She got off the bus right there everyday at 3:00.
So one day Im out there watering the gas station flower bed. I say ‘hi’ as usual. She ignores me as usual.

She was pissed.

That night a car pulls in two guys I recognize. Not thinking anything of it I walk up and one of them suckers me with a beer bottle across the face. Only tooth Im missing to this day.

The next day our doorbell rings. Its Nancy with two of her friends. ( they travel in packs). Came to apologize for what her ‘ex boyfriend’did.
I said go out with me.
She said yes.

That reads like the script for a Nora Ephron movie. I love it!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

She was pissed.

I said go out with me.
She said yes.
I love this story !

I am so pleased that your bride is OK.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

my son looked at a house here for 320. Went in at 350. They received 24 offers in 12 hours. Rumor has it that it went for over 400. Half the size of my house. Ridiculous

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
my son looked at a house here for 320. Went in at 350. They received 24 offers in 12 hours. Rumor has it that it went for over 400. Half the size of my house. Ridiculous

When we bought our house, the house across the street was an eyesore. The owners ended up selling, and a young couple bought it and completely renovated it into a really nice home. That couple ended up moving because their son got into a private school and it was too far to drive from where we live.

They listed the house at $630k, which is still insane. It sold for $775k.

In fairness, Malden is gentrifying like crazy and is on pace to become another Somerville (for those not from the area, Somerville was a rough and tumble blue collar town that has turned into a yuppie oasis with million dollar homes).

All of the cities/towns just north of Boston are changing and becoming insanely expensive. Malden, Medford, Melrose, Chelsea, Everett...all changing.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Got in the car after work and it said I had low tire pressure. Temps dropped pretty quick today. I've been putting off an oil change so I went ahead to get that all taken care of tonight.

Well, apparently my car has a significant oil leak. :confused: So he topped off the oil and all the other fluids and put air in the tires, all at no charge, and I go back Saturday morning to find out how much it's going to cost me to get whatever is wrong fixed.

Not exactly how I wanted to spend my Saturday....

Cold temperatures compress the air in your tires.

I worked in a dealership repair shop for a time. On cold days we would get a ton of people panicked that there was a leak in their tires.
The service writers hated it because it wasted time and car bays just looking for a problem that was not there. They were not making money off that.

Sheesh, the car industry......don't get me started.

Make sure they give you pictures. Good mechanics use their phones a lot. If they say there is something wrong they will show you as they are telling you.
Also nothing wrong with doing your own research and shopping around. Pay someone to work on it THAT YOU TRUST.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

She was pissed.

I said go out with me.
She said yes.
that is crazy.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Got in the car after work and it said I had low tire pressure. Temps dropped pretty quick today. I've been putting off an oil change so I went ahead to get that all taken care of tonight.

Well, apparently my car has a significant oil leak. :confused: So he topped off the oil and all the other fluids and put air in the tires, all at no charge, and I go back Saturday morning to find out how much it's going to cost me to get whatever is wrong fixed.

Not exactly how I wanted to spend my Saturday....

I had to have 4 new tires put on my truck, the treads were so worn down there was little to no grip on wet surfaces. I shudder to think how much that is going to set me back :(

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Cold temperatures compress the air in your tires.

I worked in a dealership repair shop for a time. On cold days we would get a ton of people panicked that there was a leak in their tires.
The service writers hated it because it wasted time and car bays just looking for a problem that was not there. They were not making money off that.

Sheesh, the car industry......don't get me started.

Make sure they give you pictures. Good mechanics use their phones a lot. If they say there is something wrong they will show you as they are telling you.
Also nothing wrong with doing your own research and shopping around. Pay someone to work on it THAT YOU TRUST.
Yeah, I really never know who to trust, but so far these guys have been good. He even showed me the oil dipstick after he topped it off.

I already knew about cold air dropping the tire pressure, so I at least have some car knowledge :laugh:

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
Reactions: BMC

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Looking for a warm spot to sleep in :)

Tires are insane. Early 2000's I put 4 33" BF Goodrich AT specialty off-road tires on my Jeep for around $450. 10 years later I put a set of 4 OEM replacements on another Jeep and they cost $1200! No way should prices almost quadruple in 10 years, especially going from oversized custom tires to OEM.

Reactions: Bruinaura and BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm in SoCal and we're in the process of buying a house for 700.

You can't find anything decent here under 650 unless you go to the less desirable neighborhoods or settle for a mobile home with no yard. It's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad