OT - NO POLITICS Trick or Treat, Foliage, and possibly Snow Oh NO!!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Booster and flu shot done

252308071_10224769119428044_5720089479235968694_n.jpg

I’m getting my booster on Tuesday. Made appointments yesterday before the kiddo doses were approved to make sure we got in.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@Gee Wally

Walgreens tells you what a prescription costs without insurance

The flu shot $76.99

Moderna Booster - $2.59

o_O

upload_2021-11-4_6-1-53.png

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I got a flu shot yesterday when I was at the doctor for a physical. The nurse said I should wait 2 weeks before getting the booster.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
@Gee Wally

Walgreens tells you what a prescription costs without insurance

The flu shot $76.99

Moderna Booster - $2.59

o_O

my severance ends in Q1. Then Ill have to find my own insurance. Cobra or Mass Health.
Not looking forward to it.
So far this year the Brides illness has racked up $170K.
With more surgery and treatment coming on the 17th.
Our combined usual prescriptions are about $300 month. My son says its 10 times that without insurance. Hes at cvs.
Id be lost without insurance.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
my severance ends in Q1. Then Ill have to find my own insurance. Cobra or Mass Health.
Our combined usual prescriptions are about $300 month. My son says its 10 times that without insurance. Hes at cvs.

Good article about the ACA income levels, though the subsidies are temporarily higher right now. Its old but the principals still apply

Don't Fall Off The Affordable Care Act Subsidy Cliffs - Root of Good

MA has a good system with connector-care.
https://www.mahealthconnector.org/wp-content/uploads/Guide_to_ConnectorCare.pdf

Big thing to remember about the ACA it's about AGI and not means tested. So you can shield some income by contributing to IRAs and HSAs.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Good article about the ACA income levels, though the subsidies are temporarily higher right now. Its old but the principals still apply

Don't Fall Off The Affordable Care Act Subsidy Cliffs - Root of Good

MA has a good system with connector-care.
https://www.mahealthconnector.org/wp-content/uploads/Guide_to_ConnectorCare.pdf

Big thing to remember about the ACA it's about AGI and not means tested. So you can shield some income by contributing to IRAs and HSAs.

thanks!

after the holidays I’ll need to check out the in person consultation in the link.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Got my 2nd allergy shot this morning and it is kicking my ass. Hopefully now that I am at the full dose age things will get easier. The good news is I don’t itch like I did last week.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

I’m only working for the insurance right now.
My dad swears by goodrx to compare prescription prices.
All the best to you & Nancy.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena

No problem. I was against the ACA when it came out because I wasn't paying attention. But it really is a huge win for early retirees and people who loose their jobs. In 2015 I got into a dispute at work with some hire-ups and it really got me into learning about it. Luckily I got a new job before they got me but I really came to appreciate how much the ACA can help.

Obamacare: Friend of the Entrepreneur and Early Retiree

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
We are switching from UHC to Blue Cross next year. Possibly switching some other plans as well but still waiting on some quotes and then a decision from the powers that be. :wally:

I'm the lucky soul in charge of setting up our open enrollment website with all the new info. Plus getting everyone enrolled with the carriers, answering questions, resetting passwords :rolleyes: and making sure all the deductions get transferred into our payroll system.

Pass the cookies please... :scared:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
No problem. I was against the ACA when it came out because I wasn't paying attention. But it really is a huge win for early retirees and people who loose their jobs. In 2015 I got into a dispute at work with some hire-ups and it really got me into learning about it. Luckily I got a new job before they got me but I really came to appreciate how much the ACA can help.

Obamacare: Friend of the Entrepreneur and Early Retiree

I already know cobra will run me $3000 month. Yikes.

I tried modeling the aca on line but it all starts with what you made last year. My income is going to go from a very high number to near nothing with a flip of a switch.
So its that aspect I need to work out also.
But thank you for the valuable links. Hopefully come February they have in person hours again.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I’m only working for the insurance right now.
My dad swears by goodrx to compare prescription prices.
All the best to you & Nancy.

thanks Susan.
Its been a long road. Hopefully we get good post op results. Dont know how much more she can take.

Shes always wanted to see Disneyworld lit up for Christmas. Since I must plan on good news I booked flights and On site hotel last week of November.
Even if all we do is stroll around a little bit.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I already know cobra will run me $3000 month. Yikes.

I tried modeling the aca on line but it all starts with what you made last year. My income is going to go from a very high number to near nothing with a flip of a switch.
So its that aspect I need to work out also.
But thank you for the valuable links. Hopefully come February they have in person hours again.

Good you have Q1 to work out what you think your income will be next year, that seems to be the game because I think if you go over the income limit you "estimate" you have to pay the subsidy back when you file taxes the year after.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
We are switching from UHC to Blue Cross next year. Possibly switching some other plans as well but still waiting on some quotes and then a decision from the powers that be. :wally:

I'm the lucky soul in charge of setting up our open enrollment website with all the new info. Plus getting everyone enrolled with the carriers, answering questions, resetting passwords :rolleyes: and making sure all the deductions get transferred into our payroll system.

The worst part of insurance is making sure your doctor takes it.

:help:

Reactions: Bruinaura and CDJ

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

You definitely get all the cookies. I don’t envy you. I’ll stick to orienting our new hires. :)

We are moving our dental from delta dental to Cigna for 2022.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Man some punk ass dude stood my daughter up. Like what kind of dumbass are u to tell a girl to come over and when we are 5 minutes away decide to walk to the store. Smh kept telling her after dont wait on no boy. Got her some of her favorite food and she feeling better but she wanna try and see him tomorrow. Ugh.

Reactions: BMC, Alicat and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The worst part of insurance is making sure your doctor takes it.

:help:

found that out myself. Switched jobs and I almost regret doing so for just that reason

Side note anybody know any doctors taking new patients that accept tufts lol

Reactions: Fenway

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I had to get my own in August. Went with Aetna Plan G. Also had to get a plan for prescriptions. I have one that had cost me under$2 a month with my insurance from work. Now the plan cost 7.10 a month but nothing for the prescription.

It is crazy. I hope dental is soon included for us older folks.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I have Anthem BC/BS through the agents' association, otherwise I couldn't afford it (on paper I have too many assets/too much income to qualify for Obamacare). Thankfully it comes with prescription, dental & vision and the co-pays aren't too bad.

My wallet got walloped for my trip to the ER though- because I didn't go by ambulance BC/BS decided it wasn't a "real" emergency and I ended up with a bill for $3000. from the hospital just for using their ER. I'm paying them by the month, I can't come up with that kind of $ at one time. Oddly enough BC/BS did pay for the doctor and treatment, so there you go. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad