OT - NO POLITICS Trick or Treat, Foliage, and possibly Snow Oh NO!!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Wow, incredible. I just read this and remember reading the story when she went missing.
Cleo Smith: Missing 4-year-old found alive in Australia

Yes!! 18 days missing and recovered not just alive but seemingly mostly well. Remarkable. Still waiting on further details as to the identity and motive of the offender and how exactly the whole thing played out. The odds of Cleo still being alive at this point were so slim, this is such terrific news. As is so often the case in modern policing, use of phone data was key to tracking and identifying the perpetrator. The relief for the parents must be massive.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
thx for birthday wishes friends, had a nice time with the in-laws where the father in law became emotional which was/is rare when he said how grateful he was that I pushed for our move to the Island to be closer to family and how all he wanted/wants for his girls was to find someone who would treat his daughters the way they deserve to be treated

Was not expecting that but so nice to be part of a family

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Yes!! 18 days missing and recovered not just alive but seemingly mostly well. Remarkable. Still waiting on further details as to the identity and motive of the offender and how exactly the whole thing played out. The odds of Cleo still being alive at this point were so slim, this is such terrific news. As is so often the case in modern policing, use of phone data was key to tracking and identifying the perpetrator. The relief for the parents must be massive.

I just cried. I am so happy she was found alive. A miracle. A true miracle.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I finally put my heat on. It’s 58 in here, going to get colder this week and my hands are freezing as I work in my home office.

we haven’t bled the radiators yet this season - anyone know if that will cause any issues?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think someone sent me New England fall weather by mistake- 47 and raining right now. Can I send it back?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I finally put my heat on. It’s 58 in here, going to get colder this week and my hands are freezing as I work in my home office.

we haven’t bled the radiators yet this season - anyone know if that will cause any issues?

Haven't done it since college, and never had issues doing it or not doing it, but from what I remember being told they just take a bit longer to warm up if you don't do it.

I like it cold in the house but I've been having a tough time typing with frozen hands, so the heat is on here as well.

Reactions: BMC and Kate08

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Haven't done it since college, and never had issues doing it or not doing it, but from what I remember being told they just take a bit longer to warm up if you don't do it.

I like it cold in the house but I've been having a tough time typing with frozen hands, so the heat is on here as well.

That's been my issue. My hands are frozen. I have no problem throwing on another layer or grabbing a blanket, I like it cold too. But I need to be able to feel my hands haha.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Have been berated via email three times in 24 hours by the same guy, for no reason. My manager found out and immediately ran it up to the other teams manager and director to have this person check their tone.

I cannot begin to explain how refreshing it is to have a supervisor go to war for me like this.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
My heat wasn’t kicking on so I looked at the thermostat and it’s blank. According to the interwebz, it probably needs batteries.

I am a proud independent woman except when it comes to homeownership stuff. So I took my laptop to the living room and am sitting in front of the fire until the husband gets home.

8774B6B4-218D-43C9-A31B-A2A2847215F6.jpeg

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My heat wasn’t kicking on so I looked at the thermostat and it’s blank. According to the interwebz, it probably needs batteries.

I am a proud independent woman except when it comes to homeownership stuff. So I took my laptop to the living room and am sitting in front of the fire until the husband gets home.

View attachment 476505
I am not handy at all but it is pretty easy to replace the batteries. Mine takes 2 AA.. I can change lightbulbs too. That is about it for me.

The case probably just pulls off.

Reactions: Fenway and Kate08

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

View attachment 476505

The faceplate usually snaps off and reveals a couple AAA batts. Some of them are really snapped in tight and I always fear breaking something, but they hold up.

Fire sounds nice too

Reactions: Ladyfan and Kate08

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
thx for birthday wishes friends, had a nice time with the in-laws where the father in law became emotional which was/is rare when he said how grateful he was that I pushed for our move to the Island to be closer to family and how all he wanted/wants for his girls was to find someone who would treat his daughters the way they deserve to be treated

Was not expecting that but so nice to be part of a family
Happiest Birthday Blessings!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad