OT - NO POLITICS Trick or Treat, Foliage, and possibly Snow Oh NO!!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

LOL! Tim Tams are the greatest biscuits in the world, objective fact :D Probably also the unhealthiest, as they're basically nothing but chocolate and sugar, but they are incredibly good. It's always funny when non-Australians try Vegemite. You either 'get' it or you don't, and that goes for us too. I hate it, but my wife loves it. Just one of those flavors that's really divisive.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I don't get it either. My neighbor is the same. She said God will take care of her :facepalm:

I just got Pfizer #3 (booster) at my local CVS. The pharmacist gave the shot. He looked a lot like Steve Kampfer :laugh:.

I asked if it was a full dose and he said yes but the Modena was half. Also they did not make me sit there after.
9 hours after booster....VERY tired.....sore arm...ache all over. It is worth it. I expect to feel better within 24 hours.

Took Tylenol ..napping (which I never do)

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don't get it either. My neighbor is the same. She said God will take care of her :facepalm:

I just got Pfizer #3 (booster) at my local CVS. The pharmacist gave the shot. He looked a lot like Steve Kampfer :laugh:.

I asked if it was a full dose and he said yes but the Modena was half. Also they did not make me sit there after.
yeah it`s a mystery, I just got my flu shot on top of my vax`s, be a bit til my turn for the booster but you can be rest assured I`m getting that too

Reactions: Ladyfan

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
LOL! Tim Tams are the greatest biscuits in the world, objective fact :D Probably also the unhealthiest, as they're basically nothing but chocolate and sugar, but they are incredibly good. It's always funny when non-Australians try Vegemite. You either 'get' it or you don't, and that goes for us too. I hate it, but my wife loves it. Just one of those flavors that's really divisive.
I've never had Vegemite, but I have had Marmite, and I can definitively say that that shit is V-I-L-E Vile. Not sure if they are the same thing or not, but if they are, I am decidedly in your camp.....

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Shes cute. Slowly learning and being trained. All she does tho is jump on me chew on my fingers. Still a puppy 4-5 months.

miss my dog whos in florida
If she's mouthy give out a yelp just like a puppy makes when they get hurt everytime she touches you with teeth. They'll eventually stop. When my dog was a pup he was mouthy so I just did it every time he touched me with his mouth and the mouth stuff stopped pretty quick, and never returned. Paid off now that he's a big boy.

For jumping the only thing I got to work was giving him his favorite toy when people came in and playing with him for a second. He gets so excited when people come in but now he runs to find his toy and brings it to them instead of jumping. If he forgets I can just say "Get your toy" and he remembers.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
If she's mouthy give out a yelp just like a puppy makes when they get hurt everytime she touches you with teeth. They'll eventually stop. When my dog was a pup he was mouthy so I just did it every time he touched me with his mouth and the mouth stuff stopped pretty quick, and never returned. Paid off now that he's a big boy.

For jumping the only thing I got to work was giving him his favorite toy when people came in and playing with him for a second. He gets so excited when people come in but now he runs to find his toy and brings it to them instead of jumping. If he forgets I can just say "Get your toy" and he remembers.

I dont live there. Im there maybe 5-6 days a week. Im not involved with the training my girls mom mostly does it.

I just walk in and immediately am jumped on and liked and sometimes chewed on. Dogs getting better. Sometimes forget shes a puppy.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Wife and I went to a pizza place out here called Metro Pizza voted best in LV. It was very Meh. Best pizza in Vegas is Evel Pie, Carmines and Those Guys Pies.
FA1EEE86-46C0-49B0-9851-FAEFAB83ED5B.jpeg

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX

I don't know if this was posted anywhere and I'm trying to figure out who's who.

Snow White = Swayman
Grumpy = Carlo
Happy = Marchand
Dopey = Kuhlman (much to his naysayers' delight!)
Handsome Prince = Forbort
Doc = McAvoy?

Don't know if these are right and not sure of the others.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

I don't know if this was posted anywhere and I'm trying to figure out who's who.

Snow White = Swayman
Grumpy = Carlo
Happy = Marchand
Dopey = Kuhlman (much to his naysayers' delight!)
Handsome Prince = Forbort
Doc = McAvoy?

Don't know if these are right and not sure of the others.

I think most of your guesses are right but Happy is Foligno, not Marchand. Bashful is Clifton and Sneezy is Reilly. The one in the purple I can't quite pin down, perhaps Coyle?

Reactions: Aeroforce

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
This was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong race

It is. 2 miles. And the strange thing about that is it's an anomaly in Australian horse racing. We don't have a lot of long distance races, and as a result we don't breed many staying horses, because the financial incentive to do so just isn't there. Which leaves us with the curious situation where our biggest race is now usually stacked with and won by horses from overseas. As was the case again this year with the winner being from New Zealand, which at least isn't far away!

Reactions: eightspokedb

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I've never had Vegemite, but I have had Marmite, and I can definitively say that that shit is V-I-L-E Vile. Not sure if they are the same thing or not, but if they are, I am decidedly in your camp.....

Similar to Marmite, but most Aussies will tell you that Vegemite is better. But really, the concept is the same. Both disgusting to me!

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I think most of your guesses are right but Happy is Foligno, not Marchand. Bashful is Clifton and Sneezy is Reilly. The one in the purple I can't quite pin down, perhaps Coyle?
Thanks!

I didn't think that was Marchand and actually forgot about Foligno.

And you guys talking about vegemite has Men at Work's Down Under stuck in my head. ;)

Speaking of which, I don't recall the specific arena - probably Dallas - a home player took a penalty and Men at Work's It's a Mistake came on the public address. Solid placement!

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It is. 2 miles. And the strange thing about that is it's an anomaly in Australian horse racing. We don't have a lot of long distance races, and as a result we don't breed many staying horses, because the financial incentive to do so just isn't there. Which leaves us with the curious situation where our biggest race is now usually stacked with and won by horses from overseas. As was the case again this year with the winner being from New Zealand, which at least isn't far away!

@Aussie Bruin

In North American racing the Belmont is, for the most part, the longest at 1+1⁄2 miles (12 furlongs)

The track record still belongs to this horse

I have some old friends in Sydney and they dismiss Vegemite as a Melbourne thing :rolleyes:

People seem to react to it like this

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

We love Tim Tams - for anyone who knows British biscuits, they are almost identical to Penguins. We can get the Tim Tams much cheaper since you can get them in regular stores but the Penguins are double the price in British specialty shops.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Thanks!

I didn't think that was Marchand and actually forgot about Foligno.

And you guys talking about vegemite has Men at Work's Down Under stuck in my head. ;)

Speaking of which, I don't recall the specific arena - probably Dallas - a home player took a penalty and Men at Work's It's a Mistake came on the public address. Solid placement!

That's clever! I appreciate the audio crews who put some genuine thought into their song/music selections. Can really add to the games if they're on point with their tracks. Some arenas seem to do this better than others.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
@Aussie Bruin

In North American racing the Belmont is, for the most part, the longest at 1+1⁄2 miles (12 furlongs)

The track record still belongs to this horse

I have some old friends in Sydney and they dismiss Vegemite as a Melbourne thing :rolleyes:

People seem to react to it like this

There you go, I have never heard anyone right off Vegemite before as being particular to any one city. But it was invented in Melbourne and the main factory that originally produced it was there, so I guess that makes sense. One more thing to add to the Melbourne/Sydney rivalry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad