OT - NO POLITICS Trick or Treat, Foliage, and possibly Snow Oh NO!!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
That's clever! I appreciate the audio crews who put some genuine thought into their song/music selections. Can really add to the games if they're on point with their tracks. Some arenas seem to do this better than others.

The Garden isn't that clever with song selection. However, I remember one game against the Senators, Chris Neil was challenged by Adam McQuaid and instead of dropping the gloves he yapped at him behind the linesman. The audio person played "Shut Up and Dance With Me" and the crowd went wild.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
@Aussie Bruin

In North American racing the Belmont is, for the most part, the longest at 1+1⁄2 miles (12 furlongs)

The track record still belongs to this horse

I have some old friends in Sydney and they dismiss Vegemite as a Melbourne thing :rolleyes:

People seem to react to it like this

"Do you pop out at parties? Are you unpoopular?" :laugh:

One of the classic episodes

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I became an auntie again last Thursday. I have now 3 earthside, 1 in Heaven. But I finally got to meet her on Sunday. The newest little Bruins fan, rest assured. I just wanted to share with y'all. I debated on doing this but I figure it might make everyone smile. :)

20211031_152142.jpg
20211031_160637.jpg

She is a tiny, tiny little bean.
Meet Brielle Jolie aka Ellie. Brielle meaning God is my Strength, and Jolie after my father, Joe. Ellie as a nickname because it suits her! She is my sister's rainbow baby. We've all had a rough year. With my father's covid battle in April (he's doing great now), and this month my mother had a blood clot in leg. It was a very scary time for us all. She's been home for a week and a half. Doing great. Had a checkup at the same hospital my sister went into labor at. Checkup went great. Surgery is off the table. She is doing fantastic on the blood thinners. As soon as we got that good news, I got a text from my other sister that the baby was born. We were exactly down the hall from labor and delivery. It's ironic. God is good. Truly.

I never posted on her about it because I was really going through it mentally. Things are going back to normal and my mom is doing so well. Having this new addition to the family has been Heaven. I'd thought I'd share all of this with you.

20211031_205041.jpg

Have a great week, everyone!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I became an auntie again last Thursday. I have now 3 earthside, 1 in Heaven. But I finally got to meet her on Sunday. The newest little Bruins fan, rest assured. I just wanted to share with y'all. I debated on doing this but I figure it might make everyone smile. :)

View attachment 476149 View attachment 476150

Meet Brielle Jolie aka Ellie. Brielle meaning God is my Strength, and Jolie after my father, Joe. Ellie as a nickname because it suits her! She is my sister's rainbow baby. We've all had a rough year. With my father's covid battle in April (he's doing great now), and this month my mother had a blood clot in leg. It was a very scary time for us all. She's been home for a week and a half. Doing great. Had a checkup at the same hospital my sister went into labor at. Checkup went great. Surgery is off the table. She is doing fantastic on the blood thinners. As soon as we got that good news, I got a text from my other sister that the baby was born. We were exactly down the hall from labor and delivery. It's ironic. God is good. Truly.

I never posted on her about it because I was really going through it mentally. Things are going back to normal and my mom is doing so well. Having this new addition to the family has been Heaven. I'd thought I'd share all of this with you.

View attachment 476152

Congratulations!

Reactions: Mione134

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

View attachment 476152

Welcome to the world Ellie! :welcome: :heart:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
We’ve detected performance issues with the network in your area and we’re working to make improvements as quickly as we can; you may experience a temporary service interruption during this time. We'll have you back up and running 11/02/2021 01:59 PM (Eastern). We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
ZIP Code:

Outage Type:

Unplanned
Subscribers Affected:

1,001-2,500

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

View attachment 476152

Aw...welcome to the earth little Ellie. You will make it a better place !

Congrats and thanks for sharing !

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site

View attachment 476152

Welcome to Bruins Nation Ellie!!!!

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

View attachment 476152

All the best little B!

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I think we're about to buy a house.

We've been looking for a couple months on and off, had a couple offers that we walked away from. Found one in a decent location that's okay but needs some renovation, but does have a converted garage we can rent out. Made an offer on it, then after some wrangling got them to counter offer below the list price today. Just waiting for the estimate from the lender, but I think the numbers will work out.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

We've been looking for a couple months on and off, had a couple offers that we walked away from. Found one in a decent location that's okay but needs some renovation, but does have a converted garage we can rent out. Made an offer on it, then after some wrangling got them to counter offer below the list price today. Just waiting for the estimate from the lender, but I think the numbers will work out.
Congrats !

Reactions: McGarnagle

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Good luck!

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Damn Snapchat memories had to remind me that 3 years ago today was the last time all the homies and I were together to bury our brother. Still one of the saddest days of my life and one of the last ones I truly cried. Glad I had people there to pick me up.

what sucks is I was there for everyone after. But no one was there for me but my wife. Spent hours on the phone talking to my bros helping them get thru the pain they were feeling. I had no one but my best friend.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton

congrats! Wifey wants to get one when we move to FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad