OT - NO POLITICS Trick or Treat, Foliage, and possibly Snow Oh NO!!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Wouldn't mind seeing this display in person

haunted-Housel-2-of-12.jpg

haunted-2-of-2.jpg.webp

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Back from taking the little ones around the neighborhood. While out, around 6pm we run into one of their neighbors who is alone. He just turned 8. EIGHT. It’s pitch black. The neighborhood is a gigantic grid and even I was lost for a while. He walks up to my kids and says “I’m lonely. Can i stay with you guys?”

so he stayed with us. He had no costume. No grown up with him. Just his school backpack with candy in it.

he acted up the entire time. Screaming in kids faces trying to scare them. Told my daughter and her friend he was going to slap them (which my girlfriend IMMEDIATELY got on him for). And was just out of control.

my ex dropped him off at his house on the way back home and asked him to tel his parents to wave so she knows he’s with a grownup. She said it was a good five minutes before anyone came to the door and they looked pissed off.

this is not ok.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Back from taking the little ones around the neighborhood. While out, around 6pm we run into one of their neighbors who is alone. He just turned 8. EIGHT. It’s pitch black. The neighborhood is a gigantic grid and even I was lost for a while. He walks up to my kids and says “I’m lonely. Can i stay with you guys?”

so he stayed with us. He had no costume. No grown up with him. Just his school backpack with candy in it.

he acted up the entire time. Screaming in kids faces trying to scare them. Told my daughter and her friend he was going to slap them (which my girlfriend IMMEDIATELY got on him for). And was just out of control.

my ex dropped him off at his house on the way back home and asked him to tel his parents to wave so she knows he’s with a grownup. She said it was a good five minutes before anyone came to the door and they looked pissed off.

this is not ok.
I’m not going to like this post because it’s troubling and sad, but you and your girlfriend, and your ex are good people, Charlie.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

this is not ok.
disturbing and sad

speaking of kids, mine (not a kid at 26) still refuses to get vaccinated, said to us "until grocery stores require a vax passport, I won`t get it", then goes on to say he`d love to come out and see us:shakehead

Just doesn`t understand

Reactions: TD Charlie

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

this is not ok.
Sad and pitiful. It's parents like these who were brought up this way and simply don't know how to raise kids. They hand it down to the next generation. They're reliving their sad pasts and trying to figure it out or trying to forget it by self-medicating etc. I've seen and heard this type of story my whole life and it never seems to get corrected. They have children thinking that the kids will make them happy etc and when that doesn't happen they have another and so forth.
This child is simply going to be lost and fumbling through life with no good, loving adults who care. Too many lost generations.
While it's partially economic I have to say that I have a family member who has a ton of money, very highly educated at Harvard etc. He wanted to have a daughter who would "make him happy." I can't get into specifics but he had a "test tube baby" produced from his sperm and a paid surrogate donor mother. He told nobody in the family about it except his brothers who lied to the company that set it all up. They swore that he's mentally stable etc...A LIE, and that he's financially able to raise a child because he paid them off to say it. He's a selfish SOB with deep mental problems (I don't hold that part against him). That beautiful little girl has no idea why her father hates her and why he's in and out of McLean Hospital. He's been that way with others in his life including his pets. The story is much deeper and sadder than this but I'll stop here.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
disturbing and sad

speaking of kids, mine (not a kid at 26) still refuses to get vaccinated, said to us "until grocery stores require a vax passport, I won`t get it", then goes on to say he`d love to come out and see us:shakehead

Just doesn`t understand
I don't get it either. My neighbor is the same. She said God will take care of her :facepalm:

I just got Pfizer #3 (booster) at my local CVS. The pharmacist gave the shot. He looked a lot like Steve Kampfer :laugh:.

I asked if it was a full dose and he said yes but the Modena was half. Also they did not make me sit there after.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Awww, sweet puppy. My dog is fifteen and on death's doorstep. Once she stops enjoying her food we'll know it's her time, until then we're (and our kids and grand-kids) are saying a long good-bye. All puppies go through the "annoying" phase, it's what makes them great, loving dogs.

Very cute. Great face.

Shes cute. Slowly learning and being trained. All she does tho is jump on me chew on my fingers. Still a puppy 4-5 months.

miss my dog whos in florida

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I don't get it either. My neighbor is the same. She said God will take care of her :facepalm:

I just got Pfizer #3 (booster) at my local CVS. The pharmacist gave the shot. He looked a lot like Steve Kampfer :laugh:.

I asked if it was a full dose and he said yes but the Modena was half. Also they did not make me sit there after.
I wonder if God will hold her responsible for putting her "neighbor" at risk.

Reactions: Alicat and Ladyfan

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I'm ready to throw this Dyson out a window. Somebody decided to suck up large chunks of chipped concrete on the basement stairs last night, which rendered the vac useless. I tore it apart (what I thought was) entirely. All the hoses, gaskets, filters, springs. Found a rock wedged in a piece of flex hose that switches function from the floor to the handheld wand. Great. It worked and finished the job. This morning, same issue. I dive deeper and find another rock. Put it all back together but now suddenly the flex hose and spring mechanisms are somehow jammed in such a way that it only operates with the handheld wand. So I take it apart again, hold a spring and a plastic lever back while putting it back together, and now it can work on the floor or with the wand depending on how it's positioned. Great.

Now the little spinny blades/brushes on the floor won't turn. This appears to be an electrical connection between the floor attachment and the bottom of the unit, which contact points look ok. That leaves the switch for the brush roll, which I am not troubleshooting.

Time to buy a new (cheaper!) vacuum.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Day Two of Covid booster recovery....thought it was over when I woke up sweaty....but still headachy and lethargic....sore arm too....gonna take another easy day...still a lot to get off the DVR....TCM showed Metropolis last night which I recorded.....plus Bob's Burgers and 12 hours if Metal Mayhem....yee haw....
We will see tomorrow for me. Got my shot at 10:30 this morning. My am is a little sore but nothing. Tomorrow is when it will hit me if it is going to.

Reactions: eightspokedb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad